• 14 comments
Hi i'm new and have a question on gaining weight/muscles

What is the best supplement?

cell tech
nitro-tech
z-mass
creatine
maxxon

also are these powders or pills? if there powders do i have to take it with milk?

Name other supplements that you take and that work great.

I don't have a gym in my area so i have to hope one of these supplements will work for me when i do tae bo and the rountine Jon but up..Will it?

P.s
When i buy steak i just buy the cheapest kind and i like it well, well done by it being well done am i destroying the protein in it? what should it be cooked to?

Thanks for your help

Take Care,
Royal

I personally don't think pills is the best way to build your body or loose wait. There are many other things you could do to keep your body in shape; things as easy as jogging or pushups. But's just me.

And the steak thing, I'm not 100% sure, But I don't think it really matters. It might have a little effect.

Cell Tech is a creatine supplement. You mix it with water or juice if you want even more sugar/carbs. You're better off just using pure creatine. It's cheaper and just as effective. Creatine helps produce more ATP (the stuff muscles "burn" when they contract) which helps in short bursts of power or energy, but won't do anything with endurance. Creatine also draws water into the muscle cells at a 10:1 ratio.

Nitro Tech is a protein supplement.You can mix it with either water or milk. I prefer milk b/c it's creamier.

Z-Mass is pretty much worthless. Just a zinc & magnessium product. All it *might* do is help you sleep a little.

But, if you're not training at a gym and only doing Tae Bo, nothing you take will do anything.

I use Cell-Tech. Love it. Tastes good to. I drink the Fruit Punch flavor. It comes in a powder form and you mix it with either water or juice. I just use water.
I have noticed considerable gains in strength and some mild gains in weight. It's a bit on the pricy side, but it works. As well it should for it's price. $57 for a 4.3 lb container. I buy it from GNC and if you have thier "Gold Card" you will get $10 off that price. I have seen places on-line where you can get it for a cheaper price, but if you add on the cost of shipping, your not really saving that much money by buying it online.
Lasts almost a month. But if you decide to get it, your first one will not last that long as you are instructed to go through a "loading" phase where you take twice the regular amount. Cell-Tech will get more creatine into your muscles than a regular creatine suppliment though.
What happens is when you drink the Cell-Tech, it of course contains creatine, but it also contains dextrose. Dextrose is a sugar. This sugar is almost immediately absorbed into your system. Now since your bodys blood sugar level has shot up, your pancreas goes into action and starts producing insulin. Insulin is able to get absorbed into muscle tissue very quickly and with Cell-Techs formula, the creatine sort of "piggy backs" on the insulin to get absorbed into the muscle cells quicker and more effectively. And it works.

Cell-Tech is not really a weight gainer, but it will build your muscles quickly, hence gaining some weight. I have gained about 8 lbs since I started taking Cell-Tech about 4 months ago and I work out on a very regular basis. I don't gain weight very easily so the results were nice to see.

IMO, I would recomend Cell-Tech, but if your on a budget, you might just want to go with some other creatine suppliment.
Also check out Muscle Tech's, Hydroxicut. It's supposed to work well also. Same company that produces Cell-Tech.

I also take MRP's. (meal replacements.) I find these great for my busy schedule. They pack a full meals worth of protine and vitamins in one easy to drink shake. They can also be used to gain weight, but I don't use them for that purpous. I just take them occasionally when I dont have time to eat a full meal. Just something to keep in mind.

There is just so much out there now, you can find almost anything for anyone.

Go to: www.bodybuildingforyou.com This site has a TON of information and product reviews.

Thanks Guys yeah i want to gain muscles ill look into that meal deal i was told to either try nitro-tech or maxxon :)

Thank You

Supplements will do absoloutely 0 unless you have a good diet -

Celltech - complete junk - just a tub full of sugar with some creatine and degraded ALA in it - just buy regular creatine and take it with dextrose - much cheaper same results.

Nitro-Tech - complete junk - overpriced whey protein concentrate -try optimum whey instead - better protein % and much better value for money.

Take your bodyweight in lbs X it by 18 that is the number of calories you want to eat per day to gain muscle - you may need to lower/increase the amount depending on your metabolism.

Divide your total calories over 5-8 meals per day - calories don't have to be exactly even but make sure you are getting a decent serving of carbs, proteins and fats every 3 hours.

Look to eat wholegrain carbs, lean meats, fruits and vegetables.

That's as much detail as I will go into for the simple reason there are hundreds upon hundreds of places where you can get diet info for free on the net.

Check out places like www.wannabebig.com www.bodybuilding.com www.elitefitness.com

Be really careful with the supplements especially creatine. I went on that stuff and took the recommended dosage. About 2 weeks later my heart starts skipping beats. I go and get a heart monitor put on for a week and it was true that my heart was skipping beats and then beating harder right after the skip. The doctor asked if I was on any supplements and I told him about the creatine and he told me to get off of it. He had seen 2 other guys in the last 3 weeks with the same problem.Everyone of them were like me and were lifters. I have a strong heart but for some reason it affected me and the others.1 day after I stopped taking it my heart went back to normal. Some peoples bodies may be more suseptable to that stuff . Are all supplements bad? No. I take other supplements with no side effects.

Just be careful. See your doctor or at least do some studying about it before you buy it.

PS. Stay away from the Chinese Creatine. (Impurities)

No phuking way does or can creatine cause an irregular heartbeat. It's ignorant comments like that that make obese state senators jump on that bandwagon and try to have supplements banned.

Creatine is a metabolite of the amino acid L-Arginine. No way can a protein cause an irregular heartbeat.

Originally posted by Option2
No phuking way does or can creatine cause an irregular heartbeat. It's ignorant comments like that that make obese state senators jump on that bandwagon and try to have supplements banned.

Creatine is a metabolite of the amino acid L-Arginine. No way can a protein cause an irregular heartbeat.

First off it did to me(I have the doctor bill and reports to prove it) and 2 others. Even without the Doctor it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you start taking something and you suddenly start having problems and as soon as you are off it the problems go away that the cause is the thing you were taking.
2nd you are taking offense because I told a guy to talk to a physician or do some studying first and not just take the word from someone on a internet board.

Do you honestly believe state senators are comming on here to read our comments?:lol:

I think you either need anger management classes or cut back on the roids.

Anyway as I stated before. Check with a Physician or at the very least do a lot of studying before taking any supplement. Don't just take the word from someone on a board who may or may not know what he is talking about because chances are he is not in the medical field.

Hey, Ax, thanks for the wannebebig link. The ab truths are helpful. I'd been doing those repetitions. Sometimes a thousand of them

Back