The Boxing Day Thread - 2011

Canada
2.2L Camry
NissanSkylineN1
Xbox??? Who is this Xbox??
For all you Canadian Bargain hunters, Boxing Day is almost here! Use this thread to discuss deals and what you're going to buy! I'm getting my long wanted computer (yes, I STILL haven't got it). Flyer Directory:
http://boxingday.redflagdeals.com/

Last edited:
So stores allow returns the day after Christmas down there? Here there's very few places that accept returns on Boxing Day. Considering it's roughly our equivalent to Black Friday (though on a smaller scale), I can't blame them.

The trend of it becoming "Boxing Week" takes some of the fun out of bargain hunting :(

I'm stoked for Boxing day deals, I might try to snag some discount hockey gear, I need new pads so we'll see what happens.

I'm staying home.
There's no big ticket items on my list that I want to go hunting for this year. Besides that, I simply hate the crowds and traffic and line-ups - it's worse than Christmas shopping.

In the past I've had pretty good success in stores where the sales people are on commission at asking for and getting Boxing Day prices later in January or February when sales figures typically drop right off.

I love it, went to a major shopping center in Melbourne (Chadstone SC) my gosh, it was packed! Could not see the floor from the 2nd level. Parking isn't so great.

I'm quite dissapointed. Future shop, Best Buy and Newegg have horrible deals. Sears outlet is good though.

CanadaComputers' got the Sony XB700 headphone for $99! I don't think it's a boxing day price though... but if I go anywhere near that store next time I'm dropping by and picking it up.

The Sony store here sells it for $179 and $129 in the States.

Boxing Day = our weddding anniversary. Was going to plan a trip to warmer climes for the wifey but decided to stay home and grind GT5 :)

I don't plan on leaving my house until the middle of next week and I'm done with shops for this year...carry on :D

My policy for gifts is money. And the Boxing Day sales is the only reason.
Money is like a gift voucher without an expiration date, nor is it limited to just one set of stores :D

Just came back from Boxing Day Shopping, and boy was it hell, Chadstone Shopping Center was packed till you could not see the floor, It took me at least 30 minutes to locate a decent parking spot underground (with some minor arguements over parking spots, obviously I was first to indicate and was already waiting there for a spot.)

Once inside, went to Calvin Klein, didn't find any jeans to my likings, went to GUESS straight across from it, and found some nice pair of jeans @ 50% off, which resulted in a 30 minute wait just to try them on. overall, it was a pretty insane day, good savings though!

I'm not going boxing day shopping. (Thank god).

Its my Grandads birthday so our whole family meets up today instead of on christmas day and this year they are all coming round our house. :S

Well, Best Buy is good for some things. Imma get a mouse for my dad's laptop here and then bring it home to my crappy computer (I'm on holiday).

Defo gonna do some bargain hunting tomorrow with my dad. Hopefully some good deals down Game and Gamestation to sink in to.

Tempted to go get a new modem....but not sure if fighting with the crowds is quite worth it :ill:

On the lookout for a good value HDTV, I've heard good things about Samsung Series 6 sets 👍

I'm hoping to utilize my newly acquired funds to get Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. Also, flea markets and thrift stores in my area better prepare for my presence! :sly:

Boxing Day is always a fun time of year - I love sales! I just wish I could say the same thing about the crowds...

Mike Rotch
Tempted to go get a new modem....but not sure if fighting with the crowds is quite worth it :ill:

G'day mate, are you having trouble with BF3 dropping out?
I have been a bit recently and I'm starting to think it's my modem (some thomson thing provided by my isp).
I won't be fighting the crowds though it can wait a few days if it has too. I'm going to the inlaws for lunch today and my father in law normally has a couple lying around. I'll see if I can borrow one to see if it helps before I buy one.

Cheers Shaun.

G'day mate, are you having trouble with BF3 dropping out?
I have been a bit recently and I'm starting to think it's my modem (some thomson thing provided by my isp).
I won't be fighting the crowds though it can wait a few days if it has too. I'm going to the inlaws for lunch today and my father in law normally has a couple lying around. I'll see if I can borrow one to see if it helps before I buy one.

Cheers Shaun.

Yea, heaps. For a while it was every 15-30 mins, since I restored factory settings, its every few hours.

Well, trip to shops saved. The one I wanted is sold out :indiff:

I just finished x-mas dinner, time zones are really a hard concept to deal with on a full stomach...

I need speaker wire and batteries, and EB Games has some pretty good looking deals on used so I might pop by there and see if I can find a few games I somehow missed (namely Just Cause 2 and Far Cry 2). If you stay away from the malls and stores on main streets the crowds aren't bad at all.

terminator363
Screw boxing day this year, I'll just go skiing.

I've got a season's pass and I'm not even going tomorrow. It's nuts up there as EVERYBODY who got something related wants to try it out...

I'm going out to buy a sound bar as the one my parents got me doesn't have optical in unfortunately and then I'll have to take that back another time.

I'm also grabbing a Turtle Beach P11 headset for $40 at Best Buy and picking up a cordless phone for my girlfriend's mom. I think that will be it for me though.

I've spent most of the day in bed, played a bit of GT and eaten some popcorn while watching Source Code.

There's no way in hell I'm leaving my sofa until tomorrow afternoon.

Back