The "BRC_" drivers... who are they?

  • Thread starter Thread starter homeforsummer
  • 38 comments
  • 2,924 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

homeforsummer

Bonbonbonbons!
Premium
Messages
27,316
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I've noticed them pop up on some of the time trial leaderboards and I've raced a few of them a few times. They seem pretty quick. I was driving the Daytona Road time trial yesterday in the Integra R and set second fastest time. When I logged on today, five racers all with the prefix "BRC_" had gone top!

I assume they're from another website, in the same way that many GTP forum members have that in their PSN ID.

Anyway, I set third fastest time again just to split them up :sly: (honestly, I wanted fastest but the top two were too quick!)
 
Now do the same thing, but as GTP_homeforsummer. :p We need to penetrate the leader boards!
 
Hehe.

Incidentally, if I changed my PSN ID, would the new ID show up in all the records I'd already set? Or would I have to set new ones?
 
^You'd have to set new ones. There's absolutely no connection between your old ID and your new one...
 
You'd probably have to redo the records since it's a totally seperate account.
 
Is anyone else thinking of a GTP v BRC race ?
 
Sod that then :P

I have a fairly distinctive username so you'll know if it's me or not, not like hfs329847123874619 or whatever. If you see me on leaderboards or find yourself racing me give me a wave (or a handbrake turn,whichever is easier...).

Still, I'd like to know which website these BRC lot are on, they're obviously fairly handy at it.
 
I've noticed them pop up on some of the time trial leaderboards and I've raced a few of them a few times. They seem pretty quick. I was driving the Daytona Road time trial yesterday in the Integra R and set second fastest time. When I logged on today, five racers all with the prefix "BRC_" had gone top!

I assume they're from another website, in the same way that many GTP forum members have that in their PSN ID.

Anyway, I set third fastest time again just to split them up :sly: (honestly, I wanted fastest but the top two were too quick!)

That will be me and my friends from Xbox 360.

We have known each other for many years now and met whilst playing online on the PS2. We all purchased the Xbox 360 at the same time and raced under the GBR team (Great British Racers). Some of us have done rather well on some of the Xbox 360 racing games ranging from Forza 2, PGR 4, TDU and even Burnout revenge and have had number laptimes on all those games.

We all purchased the PS3 at the same time because we all love the GT series and have pretty much grown up with it as many of the BRC members average around 30yrs old!

All of us have the same passion which is playing racing games but also going for laptimes. At the moment were not really spending that much time on each track and are just banging the laptimes in because there are so many leaderboards to go for. Some of them we spend more time on especially the Intergra type r because we enjoy racing that car.

Hopefully when the ability to set up a private room becomes available we shall look forward to setting up some races.
 
That will be me and my friends from Xbox 360.

We have known each other for many years now and met whilst playing online on the PS2. We all purchased the Xbox 360 at the same time and raced under the GBR team (Great British Racers). Some of us have done rather well on some of the Xbox 360 racing games ranging from Forza 2, PGR 4, TDU and even Burnout revenge and have had number laptimes on all those games.

We all purchased the PS3 at the same time because we all love the GT series and have pretty much grown up with it as many of the BRC members average around 30yrs old!

All of us have the same passion which is playing racing games but also going for laptimes. At the moment were not really spending that much time on each track and are just banging the laptimes in because there are so many leaderboards to go for. Some of them we spend more time on especially the Intergra type r because we enjoy racing that car.

Hopefully when the ability to set up a private room becomes available we shall look forward to setting up some races.


hey, you're the guy that is just behind me on the daytona road 600pp time trial. i was in first, but some guy found a better lap yesterday...

i thought the event was over on the 24th... oh well

its a shame i don't have the GTP_ on my username. i have to change that. haven't done it so far because all my friends are in the other account, but i will change it in the future...

nice laps man:tup:
 
hey, you're the guy that is just behind me on the daytona road 600pp time trial. i was in first, but some guy found a better lap yesterday...

i thought the event was over on the 24th... oh well

its a shame i don't have the GTP_ on my username. i have to change that. haven't done it so far because all my friends are in the other account, but i will change it in the future...

nice laps man:tup:
Hi fasj.

I must admit I was confused because I assumed after the 24th some new challenges would be posted and not extended for another week. I haven't been back on this trial since I posted my time but if I was honest im not sure where to find :500 to get 1st, although when it comes to tuning cars im useless as this was my downfall on Forza 2. This is why I enjoy the arcade time trials because everyone is even with no advantage.

Your time is certainly very fast so fair play to you mate.
 
Hehe.

Incidentally, if I changed my PSN ID, would the new ID show up in all the records I'd already set? Or would I have to set new ones?

With a new PSN, you could have 2 of the fastest top 10 times. Is that a bad situation?
 
That will be me and my friends from Xbox 360.

We have known each other for many years now and met whilst playing online on the PS2. We all purchased the Xbox 360 at the same time and raced under the GBR team (Great British Racers). Some of us have done rather well on some of the Xbox 360 racing games ranging from Forza 2, PGR 4, TDU and even Burnout revenge and have had number laptimes on all those games.

We all purchased the PS3 at the same time because we all love the GT series and have pretty much grown up with it as many of the BRC members average around 30yrs old!

All of us have the same passion which is playing racing games but also going for laptimes. At the moment were not really spending that much time on each track and are just banging the laptimes in because there are so many leaderboards to go for. Some of them we spend more time on especially the Intergra type r because we enjoy racing that car.

Hopefully when the ability to set up a private room becomes available we shall look forward to setting up some races.

Nice to meet you then. I actually just sent a message on PSN today to BRC-biker to ask who you might all be. You certainly seem very quick in the Integras and a few of you have good times in some of the other cars too.

I look forward to racing more of you online, especially if they do set up private rooms. It's always nice to have a challenge, be it in a time trial or in a race.

Incidentally, did I see any of your team doing something like Forza in a competition on one of those gamer TV channels? I do recognise the BRC team name.

On another note, I saw today that a GTP racer has now pipped me in the Daytona Road Integra time trial! Can't remember the username though!
 
Is anyone else thinking of a GTP v BRC race ?

how about GTP vs the rest of the world! We can take them all!
 
On another note, I saw today that a GTP racer has now pipped me in the Daytona Road Integra time trial! Can't remember the username though!


That would be me! I saw this thread last night and decided to have a few laps before bed :)
You do know the guy in 1st places lap has an off at an optimal speed point? I was roughly .3 ahead at the last split before the final section and of course his exit speed due to the grass riding is giving him much more exit speed and he pips me by .007 at the line :dopey: ... his lap is good up until that point but a considerate racer would have stopped that lap before it crossed the line imo ;)

I find this test a bit of a pain considering you need to be on the fast lap2 to get the speed for turn 1 .. and with most laps wrecked trying to go flat out through the last tricky section trying to stay clean .. it was a pain always having to do the lap 1 before starting the main lap :crazy:

I'll probably have a couple more laps soon and try to knock it down because I reckon a mid 2'06 is up for grabs with everything held together 👍

Good luck taking him down btw :cheers:
 
On another note, I saw today that a GTP racer has now pipped me in the Daytona Road Integra time trial! Can't remember the username though!
Neither can I but I did notice a GTP racer on the leaderboard. Im going to have a go later at improving my time as we have been busy racing around Daytona road using the Mini which is great fun. The only thing with Daytona road is the last chicane because every time im up on my time I think to myself how I better not mess the chicane up and 9/10 I end up doing that lol.

Maybe we should start a challenge BRC vs GTP by specifying a particular car on a track. The only tracks I wouldn't be keen on is Daytona oval and HSR. This is my only gripe with GT5P because I hate driving around in a circle i.e oval tracks and the HSR consists of racers bashing against the wall. We all refuse to cheat in order to gain an advantage which is why we stay clear of HSR, but unfortunately this limits our choice of tracks even more.

I will add that from Tues im going to be having a break from Prologue because of GTA IV. Im going to find it difficult to know which to play over the coming weeks because im addicted to both games!
 
With a new PSN, you could have 2 of the fastest top 10 times. Is that a bad situation?

God I hope not! ahahahaha I'm boned!

Jerome
 
his lap is good up until that point but a considerate racer would have stopped that lap before it crossed the line imo ;)

QUOTE]

Hang on one minute I have known Bluemax for 5yrs and you will never meet a more honest, fair racer. I was in a private chat with him (via our Xbox 360s) at the time and he was astonished at his laptime when he crossed the line. So the reason he never stopped his lap is because he had no comprehension of his time.

Let me say this, when playing Forza 2 the reason why our racing team finished is because of the unpleasant rivarlys between different teams. I enjoy belonging to a racing team and enjoy competiting against others aslong as it remains friendly at all times. If people start mud slinging like you post above is indicating then I have no interest in competiting against yourselves.
 
What mudslinging is that Ivor? I called it as it was .. his lap is great up until the last section and then he goes offtrack! watch the replay then tell me I am wrong :dopey: I aint mudslung nothing mate so get a grip and go watch the lap and tell me I am wrong or something ;)

Or should I say his lap is great and clean 100% just to make you feel better? :dunce:

some touchy beggars around for sure :sly:
 
What mudslinging is that Ivor? I called it as it was .. his lap is great up until the last section and then he goes offtrack! watch the replay then tell me I am wrong :dopey: I aint mudslung nothing mate so get a grip and go watch the lap and tell me I am wrong or something ;)

Or should I say his lap is great and clean 100% just to make you feel better? :dunce:

some touchy beggars around for sure :sly:

He was only asking for you to be considerate about other drivers not always intentionally driving "bad" laps as you were implying. He didnt say you were wrong, he said that said racer did not mean to score a "bad" fast time, it was pure chance.
Hope everyone just chills now.....:)
 
What mudslinging is that Ivor? I called it as it was .. his lap is great up until the last section and then he goes offtrack! watch the replay then tell me I am wrong :dopey: I aint mudslung nothing mate so get a grip and go watch the lap and tell me I am wrong or something ;)

Or should I say his lap is great and clean 100% just to make you feel better? :dunce:

some touchy beggars around for sure :sly:
Im not arguing whether his lap is clean or not because he certainly does go off the track. My point is your comment saying he shouldn't of registered this time if he was an honest racer. As I said to you he had no comprehension how fast his lap was until he crossed the finish line and TBH if I had lost control and ended up on the grass I would of assumed I lost time not gained time.

Still I do not want to fall out with anyone and wish to remain friendly with other teams. I do get touchy when someone suggest a member of BRC isn't fair, honest because like I say I have known Bluemax for years and I don't think I have met anyone more honest.
 
He was only asking for you to be considerate about other drivers not always intentionally driving "bad" laps as you were implying. He didnt say you were wrong, he said that said racer did not mean to score a "bad" fast time, it was pure chance.


Ok please explain where I was inconsiderate in my original post? .. the part where I said there was an off? and there is! I cant see any other part that would get someone to feel attacked or unjustly accused of anything :dunce:

What is it with you guys? all so far up each others asses it will need a breakthrough in modern science to seperate you's .. now there you go! that's a bit offensive 👍
 
He was only asking for you to be considerate about other drivers not always intentionally driving "bad" laps as you were implying. He didnt say you were wrong, he said that said racer did not mean to score a "bad" fast time, it was pure chance.
Hope everyone just chills now.....:)

Thanks for getting the gist of my post.

On a different note I strongly recommend everyone has a go at Daytona road using the Mini because this car is great fun to drive.
 
I'm not going to bother with the time trials until they can be sorted by car type.

I simply refuse to drive a certain car at a certain track because that is the fastest combination
 
Are you guys the Bathrobe Cabal? :dopey:
 
What is it with you guys? all so far up each others asses it will need a breakthrough in modern science to seperate you's .. now there you go! that's a bit offensive 👍

I have tried to explain in a friendly manner why I was annoyed at your comments but you are obviously an idiot who fails to understand.
 
I have tried to explain in a friendly manner why I was annoyed at your comments but you are obviously an idiot who fails to understand.


Hey! .. lets get it straight! you started this crap because I mentioned an off on a 1st place lap on the leaderboards for a certain combo! I said the guy was plenty fast and his only off was at the end of the lap .. then you get all defensive as he's a BRC or whatever the clan is? thats how it was and then one of your minions come in to back you up as if I'm the big bad guy!

I never intended any offence against the guy I just wouldn't have finished that lap myself considering how well the rest of the lap was .. I would simply have cleaned it up with a cleaner end section is all. I have no problem with him whatsoever! It's his damn representative who don't like his team mates being put on the limelight in anyway that is the problem here .. and that is you :dunce:

Now we can drop this now and you close your flapper or we can see how far it will go before this thread gets closed and both get a warning or banned! your choice because I wont just run and hide in a corner when I was justified in my statement. .... whats it to be MrBiggun?
 
Ok please explain where I was inconsiderate in my original post? .. the part where I said there was an off? and there is! I cant see any other part that would get someone to feel attacked or unjustly accused of anything :dunce:

What is it with you guys? all so far up each others asses it will need a breakthrough in modern science to seperate you's .. now there you go! that's a bit offensive 👍

I'm sorry, I'm just trying to stop people going crazy-argument-ranty all over the thread and saying something you'll regret, ive seen it happen too many times before.

You were inconsiderate in your post by generalising all people who drive a dirty lap as intentional dirty drivers. That wasn't that bad, but then II IVORBIGUN II took a little offense at his friend being bunched in with the dirty drivers, which is fair enough, although it was a little over-reactive.
Then you completely missed his point, so I just pointed out what he was reacting to, and you have now gone a little out of line about the whole thing.

Please, re-read the posts and understand no-one is calling you a liar. If you still don't understand and you wish to keep using potentially insulting words, I wont bother trying to stop anything you try to do, I tried.

Now kiss and make up.
 
Thanks for getting the gist of my post.

On a different note I strongly recommend everyone has a go at Daytona road using the Mini because this car is great fun to drive.

It is indeed, I was considering using the Mini in PP600 races from now on, it's only a second slower at full PP points in my hands than the Integra on that track on a clean lap, so may be a bit more of a challenge in a race.

Tonight though I've been using the Ferrari 512... now THAT'S fun!
 
My 2 bob's worth on that lap...

Regardless of intent, that's a major off and the lap doesn't count going by the rules of any olr i've ever raced at

We should have the option to delete any of our own times that make the leaderboards that we aren't happy with,
because i'm sure the fella would want that lap gone once he scrutinised it

If we do have that option (i tried, but no joy) someone let me know, thanks :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back