The Cafe is not at all what I thought.

United States
They/Them
Autumnal_Glow
AutumnalGlow
I thought the Cafe was just going to be a side thing. You progress as normal in a Gran Turismo game, but you can visit the Cafe and be tasked with collecting some cars. If you collect them, you get a reward. They'd all be available at once, because you can collect the cars at any time. So if you collected 3 cars on a menu book, you could be notified that you could visit the Cafe to pick up your reward.

Not the entirety of the career mode.

Edit: The poo reacts are because I'd written "react to this post with poo if you think the Cafe mode is bad" or whatever, in response to some trolls reacting to it on every post of mine. I didn't expect... all this. Oops.

Last edited:
It felt like a tutorial with nothing after.
I thought the exact same thing. Especially because you get bizarre prompts like "put a widebody on an American car" near the end of the game. Not only had I already done that, but I had put widebodies on all the cars that I used for multiple events. I don't need to be taught how GT Auto works when I'm near the end of the supposed "career mode".

And you never have to win any races, and you can skip loads of menu books just by buying the cars you need...

It would’ve been a good part of the Museum. Like a Museum cafe where you can talk to the car designers etc. Making it the entirety of the campaign is a big misstep, especially after Kaz said we’d get a proper classic GT campaign and it was the most fully featured GT game to date with all the modes from previous games. That’s just proved to be a lie now.

I’ve said it before in other threads but I think they made the Cafe the main focus after realising they haven’t made enough events. Remembering back, a lot of the books were things like go add a spoiler to you car. How is that a important part of the campaign? Madness!

They’re quite rightly getting backlash now though. Let’s see if they double down or back down like they did with GT Sport. They never learn! If I was them I’d make a GT7 2.0 and rework the whole career mode like to be more like the PS1/2 era games. It’s what everyone wants and they know it they just want to change things for the sake of it. Then use GT7 as a base to bring out GT8 asap. Not much needs to changed for that, apart from the career and game economy so they can get it out relatively quickly but who am I kidding this is PD we’re talking about! 🤦🏻‍♂️

It would’ve been a good part of the Museum. Like a Museum cafe where you can talk to the car designers etc. Making it the entirety of the campaign is a big misstep, especially after Kaz said we’d get a proper classic GT campaign and it was the most fully featured GT game to date with all the modes from previous games. That’s just proved to be a lie now.

I’ve said it before in other threads but I think they made the Cafe the main focus after realising they haven’t made enough events. Remembering back, a lot of the books were things like go add a spoiler to you car. How is that a important part of the campaign? Madness!

They’re quite rightly getting backlash now though. Let’s see if they double down or back down like they did with GT Sport. They never learn! If I was them I’d make a GT7 2.0 and rework the whole career mode like to be more like the PS1/2 era games. It’s what everyone wants and they know it they just want to change things for the sake of it. Then use GT7 as a base to bring out GT8 asap. Not much needs to changed for that, apart from the career and game economy so they can get it out relatively quickly but who am I kidding this is PD we’re talking about! 🤦🏻‍♂️
I hope they introduce a proper GT League and a rework with updates like they introduced a whole career in GT Sport, that could work since people are complaining and that could shake them to give us what we want. There's a chance for fix the game, just hoping they're not leaving the game as it is going straight developing GT8. That would be the worst case scenario!

I am still optimistic overall that they fix GT7 like they fixed Sport single player

Last edited:
One would have thought beforehand café would at least add some engagement to the game, instead it doesn't add anything to career, it IS the career and forces you into races to unlock features.
I've said it before but career lacks personality and engagement, its just a big grind.
So far the highlight of the game for me is to be found in the licenses and missions, which really should be a nice extra instead.
I like the way the game looks and I like the way the cars handle and this keeps me playing(if we ever get to play again lol).
I suppose for a lot of people the livery making is also pretty good.
But if you are not the kind of guy who is the masochistic type like me who wants to shave tenths off his PB(I can time trial same track and car for hours making small tweaks), I really dont see what the game offers to keep you playing. And even that is kind of messed up for me after permanently losing my setups when joining an online lobby.

I want to poo but dunno how, teach me sensei

Okay finally figured it out

Last edited:
I hope they introduce a proper GT League and a rework with updates like they introduced a whole career in GT Sport, that could work since people are complaining and that could shake them to give us what we want. There's a chance for fix the game, just hoping they're not leaving the game as it is going straight developing GT8. That would be the worst case scenario!

I am still optimistic overall that they fix GT7 like they fixed Sport single player
Yeah absolutely. I just hope they listen to the fans and aren’t too stubborn. It can definitely be fixed but there’s definitely a bad taste left in everyone’s mouth right now.

I liked the idea of the cafe but it should have been something that ran parallel with the usual GT campaign, thus giving the player a lot more freedom of choosing to do the menu books as he liked, not being forced into it.

But yeah, seeing the credits roll after menu book 39 was quite the disappointment. So many campaign events from previous GT titles have gone missing:

• midship races?
  • kei car races?
  • races with restrictions for boxer engines?
  • races with restrictions for Japanese cars of the 90s?
  • races with restrictions for European cars until 1979?
  • races with restrictions for American cars until 1979?
  • kart race?
  • VGT races?
  • races for electrical cars?
  • races for hybrid cars?
  • races for Gr.2?
  • races for Gr.1?
  • races for classic Le Mans? (limited to the proper car selection)
  • races for 24h endurance Nurburg? (limited to the proper car selection)
  • races for GT500? (limited to the proper car selection)
  • brands completely absent from cafe books like Lamborghini, Dodge and Aston Martin?
  • races for hypercars?
  • races for professionally tuned cars?
  • races for concept cars?
  • ….

the list goes on and on

wow.... everyone shares my exact same 'feelings' here ....

I just want to 'role play' ..for lack of better term with whatever car (or cars) I bloody god damn want to .... in GT4 for instance I got really really far with a RUF yellowbird and even turned it into an effective rally car when needed, but that felt like you could make a personal connection with a car you really liked rather than just collecting them for no reason whatsoever and only driving them when your forced too anyway...... but I want to be able to buy whatever humble car I choose and upgrade and maintain it... even better, if its damaged I want to have to repair it with my winnings.... ..this Could and Should be applied to racing against Ai and it some cases against other real drivers (not all of sport mode obviously) but where people would be encouraged to take care of they're cars in live races and feel some responsibility for costing other players game cash for damaging others and themselves... I laugh every time the game gives me extra credits for 'clean race' when I've still done something horribly wrong ... just add damage and make it realistic ....if the car companies don't want the cars banged up make it only internal/engine damage if necessary and they'll still be something to maintain/repair ... I mean, lights, windows, paint, engine, radiator, alignment ... if you banged or got banged a certain way in iRacing (not anymore unfortunately) your front alignment would really get knocked out of wack so you had to keep your nose clean or your steering wheel would be sideways *to go straight (This is a Thing in real racing) ... all of these could take damage and need repair

and for the love of god they seriously need to re-work, remake, reinvent the training/licensing ... it doesn't' teach you anything besides how to get better at licensing with each passing game - where I used to find them frustrating and tedious now they're just easy (And no less tedious) so I can get gold on the first or 2nd try ...but for a beginner (and experienced player) its a big ask to sit through
....how does making you randomly drive 1 half of a gravel course teach you anything about rally driving ... how bout a lesson on the Scandinavian Flick or handbrake turn (Richard Burns rally had these real lessons in-game in 2005 and it only ever had ONE RELEASE)...these are just a bunch of random 'tasks' and corners rather than a real racing/driving school ...

and as you buy your first car in the game the first thing you should do with it IS THE LICENSING ffs.... take advantage of the car tuning/upgrading .... let us pick one or 2 first cars and upgrade it as necessary for the licensing tests and as they get faster your car does as well ... just a thought ....

This is obviously an 'evolution' of the GT series rather than what we all wanted but besides making the same game over and over again ... stop forgetting about all the classic content and tracks past games had... what happened to all the classic tracks that were only in early games or only made one appearance.. what happened to 'snow'? for instance ... I won't even bother naming all the tracks I have fond memories of driving, ugh so many

Last edited:
I thought the Cafe was just going to be a side thing. You progress as normal in a Gran Turismo game, but you can visit the Cafe and be tasked with collecting some cars. If you collect them, you get a reward. They'd all be available at once, because you can collect the cars at any time. So if you collected 3 cars on a menu book, you could be notified that you could visit the Cafe to pick up your reward.

Not the entirety of the career mode.

React to this post with "poo" if you think the Cafe mode stinks.
after being forced to buy and race a pickup truck, I'm starting to hate the Cafe.

wow.... everyone shares my exact same 'feelings' here ....

I just want to 'role play' ..for lack of better term with whatever car (or cars) I bloody god damn want to .... in GT4 for instance I got really really far with a RUF yellowbird and even turned it into an effective rally car when needed, but that felt like you could make a personal connection with a car you really liked rather than just collecting them for no reason whatsoever and only driving them when your forced too anyway...... but I want to be able to buy whatever humble car I choose and upgrade and maintain it... even better, if its damaged I want to have to repair it with my winnings.... ..this Could and Should be applied to racing against Ai and it some cases against other real drivers (not all of sport mode obviously) but where people would be encouraged to take care of they're cars in live races and feel some responsibility for costing other players game cash for damaging others and themselves... I laugh every time the game gives me extra credits for 'clean race' when I've still done something horribly wrong ... just add damage and make it realistic ....if the car companies don't want the cars banged up make it only internal/engine damage if necessary and they'll still be something to maintain/repair ... I mean, lights, windows, paint, engine, radiator, alignment ... if you banged or got banged a certain way in iRacing (not anymore unfortunately) your front alignment would really get knocked out of wack so you had to keep your nose clean or your steering wheel would be sideways *to go straight (This is a Thing in real racing) ... all of these could take damage and need repair

and for the love of god they seriously need to re-work, remake, reinvent the training/licensing ... it doesn't' teach you anything besides how to get better at licensing with each passing game - where I used to find them frustrating and tedious now they're just easy (And no less tedious) so I can get gold on the first or 2nd try ...but for a beginner (and experienced player) its a big ask to sit through
....how does making you randomly drive 1 half of a gravel course teach you anything about rally driving ... how bout a lesson on the Scandinavian Flick or handbrake turn (Richard Burns rally had these real lessons in-game in 2005 and it only ever had ONE RELEASE)...these are just a bunch of random 'tasks' and corners rather than a real racing/driving school ...

and as you buy your first car in the game the first thing you should do with it IS THE LICENSING ffs.... take advantage of the car tuning/upgrading .... let us pick one or 2 first cars and upgrade it as necessary for the licensing tests and as they get faster your car does as well ... just a thought ....

This is obviously an 'evolution' of the GT series rather than what we all wanted but besides making the same game over and over again ... stop forgetting about all the classic content and tracks past games had... what happened to all the classic tracks that were only in early games or only made one appearance.. what happened to 'snow'? for instance ... I won't even bother naming all the tracks I have fond memories of driving, ugh so many
Thats a good idea about re licenses. I know some no doubt enjoy them, but I've always found them extremely tedious and more of necessary evil.

Can't recall if case on older GT's, but at least can just blast through and still get a pass via Bronze/Silver - although miss out on Gold cars, but I can live with that.

Last edited:
Also Id like to add the talking heads are a terrible design choice, I really cant stand it. It feels so....1998?
Yeah, good thing is you don't really have to listen (well, read) any of them apart from the main chap giving the missions.

I stopped clicking on the race day ones and the other random people who sometimes appear in the cafe.

One of them claimed the Polo GTI is the successor to the Golf GTI (maybe I read it wrong, but stated it like that iirc).

after being forced to buy and race a pickup truck, I'm starting to hate the Cafe.
LOL, yeah, doubt many 'petrol heads' outside of some in the US give a **** about, or racing, pickup trucks.

Funny you mention that as my latest cafe menu - 29/30? had outline of some pickup truck and my instant reaction was 'oh great..'. Maybe I need to buy one for this menu, turned PS5 off so didn;t go to Race day screen.

Last edited:
B80
LOL, yeah, doubt many 'petrol heads' outside of some in the US give a **** about, or racing, pickup trucks.

Funny you mention that as my latest cafe menu - 29/30? had outline of some pickup truck and my instant reaction was 'oh great..'. Maybe I need to buy one for this menu, turned PS5 off so didn;t go to Race day screen.
Menu 26 - Ford. I mean at least the Colorado Springs race was a bit entertaining, the Daytona race was so boring and the AI kept catching up/pitting you. I didn't have to do the Willow Springs race since I already got the Focus RS.

Back