The Chevy Blazer Is Making A Comeback For 2020...

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 36 comments

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Yes that's right... one of Chevrolet's most iconic SUV nameplates is making a rebirth in the near future.

The new Blazer will be a mid-size crossover, slotted in between the compact Equinox and full-size Traverse. It will be a competitor to the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano. Powertrains are to be a 2.5L 4-cylinder making 193hp and a 3.6L V6 making 310hp. Unlike the old Blazer, it will not be built on a truck platform; instead it will use mechanicals from the Cadillac XT5 and GMC Terrain.

Spy shots:

Chevrolet-Blazer-2.jpg

Chevrolet-Blazer-4.jpg

Chevrolet-Blazer-9.jpg

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/06/new-chevrolet-blazer-teased-actual-blazer/

I don't believe you.

The Equinox isn't compact. That's already a competitor to the Murano, along with the Terrain (both GM crossovers are on the same platform). The Traverse et. al. already got smaller in the last iteration.

This thing looks to share a platform with the XT5, based on its track width, short rear end, and 6-lug Cadillac wheels. The Cadillac does not currently share the platform with the other brands' crossovers.

Instead, the plan has been for the next-gen versions of all the crossovers, small and large, to adapt the current Cadillac-specific platform. What we're seeing here is probably the next Equinox or Terrain, not a newfangled Blazer. That wouldn't make any sense.

I think if GM were to bring back the Blazer, they would bring it back in a form that wouldn't remind people it was terrible, such as competing with the upcoming Ford Bronco. I don't think they'd waste that nameplate on crossover with no capability.

I don't believe you.

The Equinox isn't compact. That's already a competitor to the Murano, along with the Terrain (both GM crossovers are on the same platform). The Traverse et. al. already got smaller in the last iteration.

This thing looks to share a platform with the XT5, based on its track width, short rear end, and 6-lug Cadillac wheels. The Cadillac does not currently share the platform with the other brands' crossovers.

Instead, the plan has been for the next-gen versions of all the crossovers, small and large, to adapt the current Cadillac-specific platform. What we're seeing here is probably the next Equinox or Terrain, not a newfangled Blazer. That wouldn't make any sense.

I think if GM were to bring back the Blazer, they would bring it back in a form that wouldn't remind people it was terrible, such as competing with the upcoming Ford Bronco. I don't think they'd waste that nameplate on crossover with no capability.
I'm not pulling this out of my ass. There is literal proof the Blazer is coming back. And the Equinox is compact.

What doesn't make sense is a new Equinox or Terrain for 2020, since we literally got a new generation for both of those vehicles roughly a year ago.

That looks like a Chinese Lexus RX. :lol:

800px-%2770_GMC_Jimmy_%28Cruisin%27_At_The_Boardwalk_%2711%29.jpg

It was downhill, through the ice, into Earth's mantle after this.

I don't know, the K5s that went through the 70s and 80s were pretty good. And they looked cool, too.

If the back was a bit different I'd be onboard with it, but if it comes with a ZR2 package and has a nice look to it like that of the more terrain version of the Colorado it might be a sale for me.

Yes, let's copy and paste the front end of an already horrendous looking car and slap it on a compact SUV that isn't worthy of it's name.

They should've at least called it the Trailblazer because you know, 4 doors.

Welp, I was wrong @Turbo @R1600Turbo. They did it.

Chevrolet brought back a nameplate known for 4x4 SUVs and trucks that were cheap, terrible, and not reliable, and they slapped it on a crossover with no offroad capability.

It even *looks* like a new Jeep Cherokee. The only difference between this and the new Cherokee is that...the old Cherokee wasn't terrible...and they were decently reliable...and the new one still has great offroad chops.

Okay, this is nothing like the Jeep Cherokee. Jeep did it right. This just seems stupid by Chevy, especially with the Ford Bronco on the way.

The blacked out grill works better on the Blazer on the Camaro SS. Although it seems as though the designers forgot that front number plates are a thing in some states.

I have a bad feeling that the next generation Malibu and Cruze (and Impala, if it still exists that long), will have that god-awful grille of the new Camaro and Blazer.

I think the red RS model looks pretty stylish, which is good going for an American vehicle to these British sensibilities.

I did a slight edit to the front of the Blazer RS to see if it would look better if the grill separator thing and the bottom part were painted. So, what do you guys think? Apologies for the edit's quality.
Chevrolet Blazer.png

I did a slight edit to the front of the Blazer RS to see if it would look better if the grill separator thing and the bottom part were painted. So, what do you guys think? Apologies for the edit's quality.
View attachment 745702
Now THAT looks much better. Still, it's a pretty average crossover, but that's definitely a step up from the putrid Camaro grille.

Send that to GM.

Latest Posts

Back