• Thread starter Pesselles
  • 330 comments

Pesselles

Premium
France
Brittany
Troglodette
Hi everyone ;)

We are a small bunch of guys (still) with "average" skills that we're aiming - mostly - to have fun by playing GT7.
So, every sunday (or saturday, we don'r discriminate), we organise an online event Clash of the Titans and each time, one member set the car, the track, and the rules that should be apply which sounds and is fair enough.

Average skills means that at TT's we mostly hit the silver area and golds are an exception and not the rule for us.
Definitely we belong to that " larger " group of players according to our performance and they are many players in this category, players that maybe feel " alone ", " shame " or hesitate to take part at an online event due to their skills or cause they are new on the game without previous experience or they are " old " enough to deal with new guns or whatever.

Don't worry, Clash of Titans is only for fun and will add an hour of " spice" and " fun " at your Sundays and if you're available and want to join our group, don't hesitate to ask or send a pm to @Pesselles, @smoothbore12, @Lomic and @Gorefast @MUC76 for everything you need to know.
We'll be very happy to welcome you and play together.

Last edited:
Clash of the Titans

Saturday 27/04 - 7PM CET

1713903864830.png

Dear friends,
For our next edition, we would like to offer you the following configuration:

Track: Dragon Trail - Gardens https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Trail_-_Gardens

Number of laps: 4

Weather: perfect for a funny race with friends

Car: BVULGARI Aluminium VGT
The car must be stock

Tyres: race soft

The Clash of the Titans are friendly races, so we don't play for money, for ranking, for glory, etc.
We don't carnage for the fun, we try to drive clean as possible (but sometimes, sh**t may happen).

If you have any question before joying us, feel free to ask below.

Last edited:
I'll bust first the " pomegranate " at the new thread .
My real name is babis ( cut of Haralampos in Greece) am 59 years old GOD ( Grumpy Old Dude ) and we decided to extend our small bunch to other members that are like us , feel like us and want to join our fun each Sunday.
We're racing for FUN first of all respecting each other and the fun continues at the posts are following after race .
Of course at driving skills We're away from what word TITANS mean, but we like to imagine ourselves as such since isn't forbidden 😂
Further information will follow from @Pesselles about the start and all the info needed.

x-bow-sonoma-jmcfarland031-jpg-1551199679.jpg

The KTM X-Bow (pronounced crossbow) is an ultra-light sports car manufactured by Austrian automotive manufacturer KTM, a company known for their production of motorcycles. The X-Bow was the first mass-produced car in their product range and was unveiled and launched at the Geneva Motor Show in 2008. The X-Bow road car was developed in collaboration with KISKA, Audi, and Dallara.

Just a few words for our first choice of car for the online " trip " of fun we have .
And since it's our virgin race the winner will get the Snow white crown as a prize
D2PHM013_560x700.jpeg

Why is that ?
Cause we might be Titans but we like fairy tales also .

Although we miss 4 players yet to complete the story with the 7 dwarfs.
So leave your guilts aside and join us ,you have time till Sunday 10 of March to win such a valuable prize.

Last edited:
Okay, I will end the hiding first. My first run with the KTM was with the pad and MT. It is fun as the rubber is supersticky. My lap time was around 1:27 and I hope I don't get lapped again as with the Cappuccino... ☕
Maybe I will join a bit later in sunday but it shouldn't be a problem as I practise before this time. 😁

Hi guys,
I'm in my late forties with a tendency towards 50 and I am from Germany.
I would like to join your group. I've done a few online races and would rate myself somewhere in the C-D range (currently C/S).
But I still make a lot of stupid mistakes. I've done quite a few TTs in silver and I've done all that stuff in single player mode. But I've never done any lobby races.
I'd like to try it out in a nice round, but might need some support at one point or another.

It would be my pleasure to join your lobby.
I hope I'm fast enough for you...

Regards
Martin

Glad to join us @MUC76 , the only thing we can promise is Fun without a doubt.
You can send me a friend request as smoothbore12 or babis triantafillou .

As about your age you clearly belong to Semi God area and you need many more years to be a true GOD .
For more , in our conversation 😉 that @Pesselles will invite you.

Hi guys,
I would like to join your group. I've done a few online races and would rate myself somewhere in the C-D range (currently C/S).
But I still make a lot of stupid mistakes. I've done quite a few TTs in silver and I've done all that stuff in single player mode. But I've never done any lobby races.
I'd like to try it out in a nice round, but might need some support at one point or another.

Regards
Martin
Hi Martin and welcome on board :)

Thanks for your kind message.
You've knocked the right door because we all have a similar driver profile (except for GOD @smoothbore12 who is much older ^^).

Our objective is to have fun together, to improve our skills together, in the best spirit as possible. We don't discriminate but agressive drivers, serious people, and others aliens, are not our "cup of tea".

Just one point. To access to our sunday races, you'll have to friend me in game (our lobby is "for friends only").

See you soon!

Hi guys,

Regards
Martin
Hej Martin,
welcome to the silver turtles! I'm also german and semi-god. Don't let anybody fool you: the race in sunday will be at the West End layout of Lago Maggiore... I went wrong and that will explain my surprisingly slow lap time. 😙
Anyway, see ya on track!
Gorefast

Hej Martin,
welcome to the silver turtles! I'm also german and semi-god. Don't let anybody fool you: the race in sunday will be at the West End layout of Lago Maggiore... I went wrong and that will explain my surprisingly slow lap time. 😙
Anyway, see ya on track!
Gorefast

Then I hope you ran West in 1:27.
Because if you did the entire course with the KTM X -Bow in 1:27, then I'm in the wrong place ;-)

Cheers
M

I did less than 10 laps today just to get the feeling of the car and track today.
Was around 56's mid in day time .
A " Gold " lap could be at 55's high ( as the sky ) .
Anyway and @Pesselles was fast at training at Willow but at the race he " smell the lily " so I keep small basket ,not to mention that flowers bring me allergic symptoms at spring 😂

Great Sunday guys , close race and competition.
I've been in all places except the first one 😂
Couldn't give more than i did today ,you was all faster than me .

A special thanks to our new member @MUC76 who did great race for his first time .

Great Sunday guys , close race and competition.
I've been in all places except the first one 😂
Couldn't give more than i did today ,you was all faster than me .

A special thanks to our new member @MUC76 who did great race for his first time .
This was an awesome session! The second race I did save and will watch once a week I guess... @Pesselles: thank you for superb and clean racing!

Right now looking online at KTM website... Have a nice week, hopefully I can participate with the french hatchbacks.

Then I hope you ran West in 1:27.
Because if you did the entire course with the KTM X -Bow in 1:27, then I'm in the wrong place ;-)

Cheers
M
It is amazing what the right Equipment can do to your laptime. And the right track of course... 🙄

Congratulations @Gorefast ,you deserve the win today since you was outrageous fast and consistent.
At least @Pesselles give you a good battle at the last one , i was watching from behind and was awesome.
This is a special one as I usually am far beyond your position, in race and time trials. So I am very happy and somewhat proud.

This is a special one as I usually am far beyond your position, in race and time trials. So I am very happy and somewhat proud.
Thanks for your kind words but am not fooling my self , you're always faster than me at TT's and as a driver also.
Just happens sometimes to have a " click " with car -track compo " and thats all .

I don't have something special, it's just races is another story too, sometimes win the one who made less mistakes and not the faster , some the most consistent who have the patience to wait for the right move etc.etc.

The good part at this ,is that everyone is capable of winning and we all respect eachother cause dirty driving is usually a plague at online lobbies .

Hope that @MUC76 leave today with good impressions about our company and enjoy the show performance we had today .

Looking forward for his pick at RBR short next Sunday hoping that @Pesselles won't skrew it again on tyres 🤣

Pity for @Lomic today that couldn't join us , he miss a good opportunity to " Kill the Greek " 🤣

Although i didn't leave empty handed i earn my trophy too
maleficent-gif-9.gif

Last edited:
Glad the Greek wasn't too fast today because I had to deal with the "Team Sandals-on-the-Beach" and it wasn't easy. AT ALL!
These guys don't joke about racing, trust me!

It was really fun, really challenging and I'm very happy to be a part of this.

Thanks a lot guys, you're awesome!

Glad the Greek wasn't too fast today because I had to deal with the "Team Sandals-on-the-Beach" and it wasn't easy. AT ALL!
These guys don't joke about racing, trust me!

It was really fun, really challenging and I'm very happy to be a part of this.

Thanks a lot guys, you're awesome!
What we can do mate ?
Nothing, life is a beach and we know that but tell me , how funny its loosing by guys like this ?🤣🤣🤣
ae36eb513492bfcfc212465450e79543.gif

Last edited:
Hej,
this combo feels really good to me. Yesterday I only did a minor photoshooting to present the livery (and the misuse of the car key at the rear window...) and clocked a 59:2xx with the pad. With my wheel a 58-lap is presumably. Is it again the wrong layout or how are you doing?
Goreandfast 🤫

Hej,
this combo feels really good to me. Yesterday I only did a minor photoshooting to present the livery (and the misuse of the car key at the rear window...) and clocked a 59:2xx with the pad. With my wheel a 58-lap is presumably. Is it again the wrong layout or how are you doing?
Goreandfast 🤫
When I configured the combo I finetuned the setup. With the final configuration I did a 0:59,7xx (with the wheel) and felt that the car now is stable enough, so I gave green light for the combo.

I am not sure if I will improve but my time should at least prove that you are on the right track ;)

Cheers M

Last edited:
When I configured the combo I finetuned the setup. With the final configuration I did a 0:59,7xx (with the wheel) and felt that the car now is stable enough, so I gave green light for the combo.

I am not sure if I will improve but my time should at least prove that you are on the right track ;)

Cheers M
I am sure you can. Sundays don't lie... 😉As @smoothbore12 said before it is amazing that everyone of us can reach every position.

With this respectful driving I wish it could affect my driver and safety rating... The Manu Cup will be different for sure (this time probably with Honda).
Greetfast

Hej,
Goreandfast 🤫
One thing amaze me to you , how you're so fast wearing this 🤔
h-qKxx.gif

One thing amaze me to you , how you're so fast wearing this 🤔
View attachment 1336380

Okay, I'll tell you, even though it's the last great secret of the Germans and we're in danger of the Greeks and French copying it.
At birth, sandals are placed in front of our mother and we German babies practically slide right into them.
This means that we are practically born with this unique ability.

Cheers M

Last edited:
Clash of the Titans

Sunday 17/03 - 2PM CET

View attachment 1336290

Dear friends,
For our next edition, we would like to offer you the following configuration:

Track:
Red Bull Ring Short Track
(https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Red_Bull_Ring_Short_Track)

Number of laps: 6
Weather: S01 Dry, cloudless and pleasant
Time of day: Afternoon
Fuel consumption: 15 times
Tire wear: 15 times
Don't worry! There's enough fuel, even on FM1 with automatic transmission, and no one crosses the finish line without tires!
But it's more fun when the car gets a little faster from lap to lap while the grip gradually decreases.

Car:
Clio V6 24V '00

Standard body (NoWide Body)
Standard rims, standard spoiler (no wing)
Feel free to add stickers and paint, but watch out for the extra weight ;-)

Tires: Sport Soft

Additional parts (everything else is stock)
Suspension: Sport
Gearbox: Close-Ratio - Low
Clutch and flywheel: Sport
(only sport, no racing parts!)

You should end up at 522 LP

The Clash of the Titans are friendly races, so we don't play for money, for ranking, for glory, etc.
We don't carnage for the fun, we try to drive clean as possible (but sometimes, sh**t may happen).

If you have any question, feel free to ask below.
Looks like a lot of fun. I’m going to skip getting up at 6am this Sunday, but maybe the next one. 👍

Back