The Cocktail Collection

• Thread starter PoSM
  • 26 comments
Australia
Australia
The_Buckie_Flick
This is partly driven by the fact that most of my decal collection seems to be alcohol based and partly driven by the fact I'm away at work on a site that may as well be dry* and I've a hell of a thirst.

With that in mind, I've started putting together liveries with various cocktails as their inspiration and I thought I'd chuck them in here whenever I make some new ones. I can't say any of them will be spectacular but you might learn how to make some new drinks!

Anyway to start things off here are a couple of drinks that are better known for finishing things.

#1: The Long Island Ice Tea
GT - Long Island Ice Tea.jpg

7205782506448093225_23.jpg

The famous Long Island Ice Tea - 1 large measure of Gin, 1 large measure of vodka, 1 large measure of rum, 1 large measure of tequila, 1 large measure of orange liqueur (Cointreau or Triple Sec usually does the job). Throw them all into a highball glass filled with ice. Top up with Coca-Cola and serve with a bit of lemon as a garnish.

Car: Eckerts Rod & Custom Mach 40 tuned to just shy of 1000bhp. Like the cocktail it's bold, brash, American and hilariously overpowered.

#2 The Jagerbomb

GT - Jagerbomb.jpg

8215150675701531697_23.jpg

Next up is the Jagerbomb. No good comes of these: Fill a shotglass full of Jagermeister. Precariously balance on the edge of a glass of Redbull. Knock it in and down the contents in one.

If that's following on from a few Long Island Ice Teas you should probably start a fight or steal a cop car!

Car: Porsche Cayman GT 4 Clubsport. Porsche shares the same Teutonic heritage as Jagermeister and is only a short hop across the border from the home of Red Bull.

*we get beer but it's rationed

Last edited:
#3 Is a personal favourite of mine that has had more twists and variations than the Porsche 911. It's the Margarita!

GT Margarita 03.jpg

GT-Margarita 02.jpg

GT-Margarita 01.jpg

GT Margarita 04.jpg

The classic Margarita consists of :
2 measures* of Tequila (I've chosen Patron for this car)
1 measures of Orange Liqueur (Cointreau in this case)
1 measure's worth of lime juice from fresh limes - keep the wedges handy.
A s***load of salt (courtesy of Diamond Crystal in this case)

Run the lime wedges round the rim of the glass then dip it in the salt to cover. Meanwhile in a cocktail shaker combine the tequila, Cointreau and lime juice, fill with ice and shake it like you hate it. Ideally the bottom of the shaker should frost over.

Fill your glass with fresh ice, pour over the Margarita mix and enjoy!

If you're after something a bit sweeter (and easier) I can also recommend my patented watermelon margarita. - Pre-freeze some watermelon chunks then throw them, the tequila and some pre-made margarita mix (Jose Cuervo do a nice one) into a nutri-bullet. blitz and serve (don't forget the salt!)

*Your mileage may vary when it comes to measure size. I'm a big fan of the margarita's that are served in glasses as big as your head. It's usually best to ease back on the alcohol with these ones though and go heavy on the lime.

As for the livery design I've plumped for a Nissan R92CP '92 No particular reason other than it needed a paint job. I've seen the Margarita/Martini stripes parody around before and couldn't help myself. Thought I'd add in the limes and 'salt' as an afterthought.

GT Margarita 05.jpg

Next up we have a cocktail whose origin story must have involved drunken guests laying their hands on whatever they could get at the end of the night at an Irish wedding...

#4 - The Black Velvet

GT - Black Velvet Ireland 2.jpg

GT - Black Velvet Paris.jpg

Black Velvet is not only a massive song from 1989 by Allanah Myles that's been stuck in my head ever since I started this design, it's also a suprisingly lovely beer cocktail - as shown.

BV.jpg

What you need are:
Stout (Guinness in this case)
Champagne or similar Sparkling White Wine (We've gone all fancy with the Moet)
A champagne flute
A spoon.

Pour the champagne into the flute until it's about halfway then pour the Guinness over the back of the spoon into the flute. This breaks up the pour and creates that lovely layered effect.

Guinness BV Closeup.jpg

GT - Black Velevet warehouse.jpg

As for the car, i've chosen an Audi R8 LMS for no particular reason. The colour scheme is based on the cocktail's layers and I thought I'd take it to Ireland and France for the photoscapes as a nod to it's shared heritage. Shannon's Car Insurance get a nod on account of them sounding vaguely Irish with a matching logo. they're actually based in Australia.

GT - BV Ireland.jpg

Seeing as the Livery Editor competition for this fortnight is 'La Festa Cavallino', I couldn't help myself in knocking up an Italian cocktail racer and I thought I'd go with one that's inescapable here in Australia at the moment:
#5 The Aperol Spritz

4755889182694442524_0-2.jpg

4620785583666496020_0.jpg

Method:
Get a wine glass and fill with ice then pour in equal measures of Prosecco (in this case Bisol) and Aperol before topping off with a splash of soda water and garnishing with a slice of orange. Light, refreshing and zesty, the Aperol Spritz is the perfect summer drink. I recall taking my parents to the Tennis last year and spending almost the entire day lounging in deckchairs at the Aperol bar rather than battling the crowds at courtside - I blame my mother for this. She's a big Spritz fan.

Speaking of which, Aperol's pop-up bars are the inspiration behind the livery colour scheme:
unnamed.jpg

aperol2.jpg

4621348530933466652_0.jpg

The stripes were a pain in the a** to wrap around such a curvy car but with a bit of perseverance I managed to get something workable.
For the Prosecco I chose the Bisol 1542 logo and San Pellegrino for the soda water to keep everything Italian. For the all-important garnish instead of adding a decal of the fruit I've gone for sponsorship by Orange Telecommunications and repainted the wheels in a very citrus-ey manner.

I'm quite chuffed with the way this one turned out and I think I may have to go have one in celebration!

4765459321500762652_0.jpg

6206062554077234196_0.jpg

#6 The B-52

4621336447646958108_0.jpg

atwerv9h9wfmkvylhkdo.jpeg

A shooter this time. Actually named after the iconic band rather than the aircraft, the B52 is a layered shooter with 1 part Kahlua at the bottom, 1 part Irish Cream in the middle and topped with 1 part Grand Marnier.

Car: Ford F150 SVT Raptor '11.
Whilst the drink may be named after the band - who actually took their name from a hairstyle that was named after the plane, I've decided to pay homage to the classic bomber with the nickname The 'BUFF'.
With that in mind I chose the F-150 as it's also a 'Big Ugly Fat Fellow' whose heritage dates back to the early 1950's.
The colour scheme is obviously based on the drink with the principal sponsors being Grand Marnier, Baileys and Kahlua. I've also added a couple of silhouettes off the bomber, a B-52's band sticker and some sponsorship from Ron Jon's surfshop on account of the B-52's early surf-guitar sound.

B52 2.jpg

B52 3.jpg

B52 4.jpg

Loving this concept 👍. Really nice idea and some awesome work on the liveries :bowdown:.

Cheers mate! It’s quite fun hunting for interesting cocktails and then trying to make them work as a livery. There’s just so much inspiration out there.
It’s thirsty work, mind you...

Todays tipple is anything but subtle. Nor are the cars it's named after.

#6 The Flaming Lamborghini

Flaming Lambo.jpg

tumblr_ndgznamtru1u02m2jo1_640.jpg

This is definitely not a drink for the faint-hearted! Start by layering a shot of Sambuca on top of a shot of Kahlua in a martini glass and insert a straw (re-usable please. Think of the oceans ;)). Meanwhile have two shot glasses on standby, one filled with Blue Curacao and the other with Baileys. Once ready, ignite the top of the liquid in the martini glass and start drinking through the straw - I'd be quick as the straw will be heating up. When you Sambuca/Kahlua mix is down to the bottom of the glass, pour in the other two shots and keep drinking till all is gone.

As for the car it had to be a Lamborghini, naturally. In this case I've gone for the Huracan Group 4. Rather than try to throw all the drinks into the colour scheme I've kept it blue as the colour of the Blue Curacao tends to overwhelm everything else when it's poured in. I'm also a big fan of Blue / Fluoro Yellow colour schemes (Go Rossi!) and tend to use it a lot when making car/team colours in lots of games - Hell, I even had a mountain bike built-up in that scheme!

Flaming Lambo 3.jpg

Flaming Lambo 2.jpg

Flaming Lambo 4.jpg

Flaming Lambo 1.jpg

#7 The Astronaut

45ml Vodka
45ml Light Rum
45ml Dark Rum
120 - 150ml 7up, Sprite or similar
A splash of Pineapple Juice.

In spite of it's chilled refreshing tast it's got a kick like a Saturn 5 rocket, this one!
Pour the vodka, light rum and dark rum into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, and strain into a highball glass filled with ice cubes. Add 7up and a splash of pineapple juice, a twist of lime, and serve.

As for the car, if we're talking Astronauts then it can clearly be none other than the Corvette - Chevy used to lease them to all the astronauts in the space program at bargain rates and they quickly became a common feature in NASA car parks. I've gone for the '69 model as it was a pretty big year for NASA.

For the sponsors I've gone for Kraken for the dark rum, Bacardi for the white rum and Ketel One for the Vodka. 7-Up is handling the soda duties and The Man from Del Monte is bringing the pineapple juice. Omega get a nod as they supplied Speedmaster watches for all the Apollo 11 astronauts to wear on the moon. Speaking of which, Apollo 11 crew members Neil Armstrong and Michael Collins (the one everyone forgets) get tribute thanks to Armstrong tires and Collins Performance Technologies.

Seeing as it's Sunday morning here* I thought I'd serve up the classic 'hair of the dog':

#8 The Bloody Mary

• large handful of ice
  • 100ml Vodka
  • 500ml tomato juice
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice, plus 2 slices to serve
  • few shakes Worcestershire sauce
  • few shakes Tabasco (smoked Tabasco is nice)
  • pinch celery salt
  • pinch black pepper
  • 2 celery sticks, to serve
Place the ice in a large jug. Measure the vodka, tomato juice and lemon juice and pour it straight onto the ice. Add 3 shakes of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco (or more if you like it very spicy) and a pinch of celery salt and pepper. Stir until the outside of the jug feels cold, then strain the cocktail into 2 tall glasses. Top up with fresh ice, add a celery stick and lemon slice to both glasses and enjoy.

The Bloody Mary has been the saviour of many mornings-after-the-nights-before for a almost a century now. Competing claims have it invented in Paris and New York back in the 1920's/30's but it's truly a global phenomenon these days with variants such as the Red Snapper (uses Gin), The Michelada (Beer) and the Caesar (Clamato Juice) cropping up around the world. Given it's the perfect 'brunch' drink, the garnishes have evolved to be slightly more substantial than the traditional celery sticks although I do think people are taking things a bit too far when they start shoving skewers with whole fried chicken and pizza into your drink. (Seriously, Google extreme Bloody Marys and you'll see what i mean)

Anyway a classic cocktail requires a classic car and I think the Ferrari 250 GTO '62 fits the bill perfectly. It already comes with a matching paint job! The sponsors are mostly all the traditional ingredients - I chose Moskovskaya for the vodka on this occasion as it's not a brand I see often and I also wanted a bit of 'green' on the livery to represent the celery.

*actually it's just after midday but I'm having a lazy day.

#9 - The Singapore Sling

• 30 ml Gin
  • 15 ml Heering cherry brandy
  • 7.5 ml Cointreau
  • 7.5 ml Dom Benedictine
  • dash of Angostura bitters
  • 10 ml Grenadine
  • 15 ml lime juice
  • 120 ml pineapple juice
  • ice cubes
Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake the hell out of it before straining into a tall glass and serving with a slice of pineapple and a cherry as garnishes.

Ahhh Singapore! It's one heck of a joint. It was my first ever experience of Asia and I still love visiting there, particularly when the Grand Prix is on. It's signature cocktail was first invented by barman Ngiam Tong Boon back in the 1910's in the Long Bar at the famous Raffles Hotel. It's quite sweet but very refreshing and a must-try if you're ever in that neck of the woods.
For the car I've chosen the Dallara SF19 Super Formula because it most closely resembles the F1 and F2 cars that race around the Marina circuit every year. The livery is a bit of a love-letter to both the drink and the city, with the pinkish-red echoing the drink and the city's official mascot 'The Merlion' getting prominent placement on the nose and sides. Fellow Singaporean sponsors are Raffles Hotel - which is not only the birthplace of the drink, it's also named after the founder of the city itself, Telecoms company Singtel, local bank DBS, Singapore Airlines and the Grand Prix itself.

Sadly Singapore isn't a location in Scapes so I've used the nearby fellow former British colonies Hong Kong and Malaysia for the backdrops

#10 - The Banana Daiguiri

Ingredients:
1/2 a large banana
45ml Rum
30ml Fresh Lime juice
15ml Triple Sec (or similar)
1 tsp white sugar
1 cup ice cubes.

Chuck them all in a blender and fire it up until it's all slushy. Pour into a glass and kid yourself that you're being healthy as it's practically a banana smoothie! Great summer drink mind you!

For the car I've had to go for the classic VW Beetle on account of the 'Herbie Goes Bananas' association. The banana decals were a bit of a chore to keep replicating and i came pretty close to using the full allocation.

#7 The Astronaut

45ml Vodka
45ml Light Rum
45ml Dark Rum
120 - 150ml 7up, Sprite or similar
A splash of Pineapple Juice.

In spite of it's chilled refreshing tast it's got a kick like a Saturn 5 rocket, this one!
Pour the vodka, light rum and dark rum into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, and strain into a highball glass filled with ice cubes. Add 7up and a splash of pineapple juice, a twist of lime, and serve.

As for the car, if we're talking Astronauts then it can clearly be none other than the Corvette - Chevy used to lease them to all the astronauts in the space program at bargain rates and they quickly became a common feature in NASA car parks. I've gone for the '69 model as it was a pretty big year for NASA.

For the sponsors I've gone for Kraken for the dark rum, Bacardi for the white rum and Ketel One for the Vodka. 7-Up is handling the soda duties and The Man from Del Monte is bringing the pineapple juice. Omega get a nod as they supplied Speedmaster watches for all the Apollo 11 astronauts to wear on the moon. Speaking of which, Apollo 11 crew members Neil Armstrong and Michael Collins (the one everyone forgets) get tribute thanks to Armstrong tires and Collins Performance Technologies.

I tried it and it was tasty. :cheers:

Keep up the good work!

Made another drink after that: White russian. Was sitting in front of it thinking, that will be a cool livery for a car :lol:

#11 - The Tequila Sunrise

Pretty easy to make, this one.
45ml Tequila
90ml Orange Juice
15ml Grenadine Syrup.
ice.

Pour the tequila and OJ into a top glass. Add the grenadine syrup by pouring it gently down the side of a glass via the back of a spoon. The Grenadine should settle at the bottom of the glass giving you that lovely sunrise effect. Very refreshing!

As for the car, I've gone for the same effect with the paint job on a Mclaren 650S GT3. I've also added in a few Mexican (or mexican related) sponsors* and last but not least a little nod to The Eagles as i couldn't get their classic 'Tequila Sunrise' out of my head whilst making this!

HSBC get the nod because of them infamously being caught laundering money for the Mexican cartels.

Coincidentally, HSBC have their own lounge in Mexico City airport. I can't say I've ever seen the same in any other airport including their hometown of Hong Kong!

These are awesome, scrolled to suggest you do a White Russian, glad to see you're on it!

Remember, KAHLUA is the only acceptable coffee liqueur for a White Russian! 1 measure shaken with 2 measures Vodka in crushed ice, with double cream floated on top of the mix.

Not sure what car would fit best, but a Big Lebowski reference somewhere would surely tie the design together.

My Christmas drink of choice for a few years :)

#12 The Sangsom Bucket.

Ingredients:
  • 1 x small bottle of Sangsom Rum or Mekhong 'Whiskey' - which is not actually a whiskey - it's more of a rum
  • 1 x small bottle of Coca-Cola
  • 1 x small bottle of Thai Energy drink - Thai Red Bull's the most popular choice but Carabao, M-150 and Shark are all equally good (and potent)
  • 1 x Bucket with ice.
  • Straws
I've a long and colourful history with this drink dating back to the heady days of the Millenium and a crazy 3-month gallivant around SE Asia that wound up continuing on-and-off over the years for far longer than is probably acceptable for a grown adult!

Commonly found wherever backpackers congregate in Thailand but particularly prominent at the infamous Full-Moon Parties in Kho-Pha-Ngan, the Sangsom Bucket is pure chaos that's best shared among friends but can be drunk solo by the more foolhardy. The ingredients are pretty simple - it's mostly a Rum and Coke after all however the addition of syrupy sugar, caffeine and god-knows-what-else- laden energy drinks give this a kick unlike anything available legally or without prescription! The idea is to mix everything together then a small group of you take a straw each and drink.

Unfortunately - like a particularly twisted lesson in basic economics - everyone tends to hoover it up in the blink of an eye lest they lose out on a fair share of the bucket. This then leads to further buckets being purchased before the effects of the first one have hit and can often result in wearing the previously consumed buckets as hats and the partaking of ridiculous activities such as jumping flaming skipping ropes, playing with fire-pois and setting off weapons-grade fireworks with scant regard for Health and Safety - The Thais really do seem to love setting things on fire and blowing things up!

With all this in mind I thought I'd create a livery that's a bit of a nostalgic love letter to the crazy, sexy nation of Thailand and the wild days of my backpacking years. The RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 seemed like a suitable car to convey the anarchy of such a place and the colour scheme is one that can be found throughout the country. Gold rims were a must as 'Bling is King' there (not to detract from the actual King, mind you. He is pretty much worshipped)

The Thai Coca-Cola logo has been adorning T-Shirt's sold in Bangkok's Khaosan Road markets for decades now so it was an essential addition. Sangsom is by far the most popular local spirit in the country and whilst the most popular energy drink is Red-Bull (originally invented in Thailand), I feel it gets enough exposure in motorsport so i've gone for Carabao Daeng which is a very similar drink.

Additional sponsor space is given to Thai National Oil Company PTTEP, Thai Airways, King Power, Yakult, Krung Thai Bank and a few other thai-language decals whose origin or translation escape me, but look cool nonetheless.

Sadly this has made me all nostalgic and wistful now. Oh to be 21 again...

#13 and #14: The Black and White Russians

Black Russian Ingredients - Tumbler glass, 1 part Kahlua, 2 parts Vodka, top off with Coca-Cola
White Russian ingredients - Same as above but swap the Coke for Cream or Milk.

Two for the price of one this time! I'm a big fan of White Russians. They're like a dessert in a glass. Super-smooth with a little bit of sweetness, it's no wonder they're the drink of choice for 'The Dude'. Black Russian's are a lovely wee drop too but I dare say I'll only indulge in them if there's no cream available for a white russian.

For the cars themselves I stuck with the variations of a theme and used close cousins The Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ. I've also decided that the BR in BRZ stands for 'Black Russian' so that's cemented the idea!
Sponsor-wise I've gone for a Russian free-for-all. The vodka of choice is Flagman and whilst Coca-Cola, Kahlua and Ennstal Milch aren't particularly Russian, I've at least tracked down the cyrillic version of the Coca-Cola logo. Other notable sponsors are resources company Gazprom, telecoms company Megafon, railway network VTB, national airline Aeroflot and the good folks at Triton Bikes who I once bought a custom-made mountain-bike frame from!

#15 The Negroni

Ingredients:
  • 1 measure of Gin
  • 1 measure of Campari
  • 1 measure of Sweet Vermouth
Pour the ingredients into a tumbler glass filled with ice. Stir and serve with a slice of orange peel or dried orange as a garnish.

I'm a big fan of the Negroni*. It's so simple to make and has a great balance of sweet and bitter. It also works well on both cold winter evenings and hot summer afternoons. There's a bit of a kick to it though so not a great drink if you're driving (on the road, that is...)

The livery is avtually one of my very first attempts at doing a Cocktail Racer. It's been languishing in the recesses of my garage for months so I thought I'd give it a few tweaks and post it up.

The car is the Alfa 4C Group 3 and the colour scheme is obviously influenced by the colour of the drink and the garnish. I've always been a fan of Martini liveries so this was an excuse to make one with a bit of a twist and - with the exception of the Gin - I've also decided to keep everything as italian as possible, given the drink's origins.

*GT Sport isn't so much of a fan. They keep on censoring the name of the car...

#16 The Vesper

A legendary variation of the classic martini, I'll let the inventor himself share the recipe:

'A dry martini,' he said. 'One. In a deep champagne goblet.'
'Oui, monsieur.'

'Just a moment. Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel. Got it?'

'Certainly monsieur.' The barman seemed pleased with the idea.

'Gosh, that's certainly a drink,' said Leiter.

Bond laughed. 'When I'm ... er ... concentrating,' he explained, 'I never have more than one drink before dinner. But I do like that one to be large and very strong and very cold, and very well-made. I hate small portions of anything, particularly when they taste bad. This drink's my own invention. I'm going to patent it when I think of a good name.'

Casino Royale, Chapter 7: Rouge et Noir

What started out as a tribute to the classic martini has evolved into a full-blown shrine to a certain international superspy.
Now, whilst James Bond is more commonly known for his love of a simple Vodka Martini - shaken, not stirred - the 'Vesper' has gained fame on account of it being named after the only Bond girl to ever truly steal his heart.

The car choice and colour scheme were obvious ones (although I would kill to have a white Lotus Esprit to work with - it's always been my favourite Bond Car) and the alcohol sponsors were as written - I've chosen Smirnoff for the unnamed vodka as they've a long sponsorship history with the character.

With the exception of 'Visit Scotland' - which is a little Skyfall easter egg - the non-cocktail sponsors have also all made regular appearances in the films over the course of his long career.
Certainly, Bond wouldn't be Bond without his Walther PPK. Brioni supplied the suits throughout the Brosnan years whilst Tom Ford has had the honours for the Craig era. Dunhill kept him supplied with cancer-sticks for years, and while James has been sporting an Omega Seamaster on his wrist for the last decade and a half, Rolex are still the top dog when it comes to screen appearances for all time.
Oh and the Bond girls. It just wouldn't be the same without them...

Last edited:
#20 The Vesper

A legendary variation of the classic martini, I'll let the inventor himself share the recipe:

'A dry martini,' he said. 'One. In a deep champagne goblet.'
'Oui, monsieur.'

'Just a moment. Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel. Got it?'

'Certainly monsieur.' The barman seemed pleased with the idea.

'Gosh, that's certainly a drink,' said Leiter.

Bond laughed. 'When I'm ... er ... concentrating,' he explained, 'I never have more than one drink before dinner. But I do like that one to be large and very strong and very cold, and very well-made. I hate small portions of anything, particularly when they taste bad. This drink's my own invention. I'm going to patent it when I think of a good name.'

Casino Royale, Chapter 7: Rouge et Noir

What started out as a tribute to the classic martini has evolved into a full-blown shrine to a certain international superspy.
Now, whilst James Bond is more commonly known for his love of a simple Vodka Martini - shaken, not stirred - the 'Vesper' has gained fame on account of it being named after the only Bond girl to ever truly steal his heart.

The car choice and colour scheme were obvious ones (although I would kill to have a white Lotus Esprit to work with - it's always been my favourite Bond Car) and the alcohol sponsors were as written - I've chosen Smirnoff for the unnamed vodka as they've a long sponsorship history with the character.

With the exception of 'Visit Scotland' - which is a little Skyfall easter egg - the non-cocktail sponsors have also all made regular appearances in the films over the course of his long career.
Certainly, Bond wouldn't be Bond without his Walther PPK. Brioni supplied the suits throughout the Brosnan years whilst Tom Ford has had the honours for the Craig era. Dunhill kept him supplied with cancer-sticks for years, and while James has been sporting an Omega Seamaster on his wrist for the last decade and a half, Rolex are still the top dog when it comes to screen appearances for all time.
Oh and the Bond girls. It just wouldn't be the same without them...

Once again awesome and great to read.

I just have one thing about his cigarette brand(s)

He smoked in London Morland Cigarettes, a small manufactor where you could order your own blend. When he got sent oversea, his behaviour changed cause of the aviability of them (Sorry, I copied that from www.thejamesbonddossier.com):

• In the United States and Bahamas he goes for Chesterfield king-size (Live And Let Die, Goldfinger, and Thunderball), a brand which is still popular today in Europe.
  • Bond smokes Diplomates in Istanbul, which were recommended to him by Darko Kerim and were “the most wonderful cigarette he had ever tasted”.
  • He accepts a Player’s cigarette from “Captain Nash” on board the Orient Express, despite hating Virginia tobacco, just to put Nash at ease.
  • Royal Blend is 007’s choice in Jamaica (Doctor No and The Man With The Golden Gun).
  • While in Paris in From A View To A Kill he smokes Laurens Jaune.
  • Senior Service is the brand in Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me and The Man With The Golden Gun.
  • And Shinsei is what he is offered in Japan, which he found “good and sharp on the palate and lungs”
But Dunhill was not completly out of sponsorship. They provided him a lighter :D

Sorry, I will now take your livery and will mix a good Smartass Vesper :lol:

Once again awesome and great to read.

I just have one thing about his cigarette brand(s)

He smoked in London Morland Cigarettes, a small manufactor where you could order your own blend. When he got sent oversea, his behaviour changed cause of the aviability of them (Sorry, I copied that from www.thejamesbonddossier.com):

• In the United States and Bahamas he goes for Chesterfield king-size (Live And Let Die, Goldfinger, and Thunderball), a brand which is still popular today in Europe.
  • Bond smokes Diplomates in Istanbul, which were recommended to him by Darko Kerim and were “the most wonderful cigarette he had ever tasted”.
  • He accepts a Player’s cigarette from “Captain Nash” on board the Orient Express, despite hating Virginia tobacco, just to put Nash at ease.
  • Royal Blend is 007’s choice in Jamaica (Doctor No and The Man With The Golden Gun).
  • While in Paris in From A View To A Kill he smokes Laurens Jaune.
  • Senior Service is the brand in Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me and The Man With The Golden Gun.
  • And Shinsei is what he is offered in Japan, which he found “good and sharp on the palate and lungs”
But Dunhill was not completly out of sponsorship. They provided him a lighter :D

Sorry, I will now take your livery and will mix a good Smartass Vesper :lol:

Excuse me Blofeld*, i agree Morland were definitely his smoke of choice but they don't exist anymore so would look out of place. Also tobacco sponsorship is pretty much verboten in 99% of race series these days however Dunhill can sneak in through the back door on account of all their other products so I'm still claiming authenticity! ;)

*yes,i know Blofeld was technically Polish but I'm going off the Christoph Waltz portrayal :P

Following on from the James Bond's 'Vesper' I thought I'd do another variation of a Martini inspired by an iconic British Character

#17 - The Paddington Bear

1 measure of Gin (preferably London Dry)
1 measure of Pisco
A spoonful of marmalade
Ice
Combine ingredients and shake before pouring. Serve with a slice of orange zest.
(I have seen a few alternate recipes for this - some add Vermouth as if it were a normal Martini- I don't find it necessary as the marmalade provides enough sweetness and as Pisco is a grape-based spirit, there's still a hint of a vermouth taste to it. Another recipe has Absinthe and Rum which have absolutely no connection to Paddington Bear whatsoever and as such shall be disregarded and never spoken of again!)

Inspired by the marmalade sandwich loving bear from deepest, darkest Peru who was named after the train station he was found wandering in, the Paddington Bear combines dry gin, Peru's national spirit Pisco and Paddington's favourite sandwich spread marmalade to make a sweet little concoction.

It's all about the classics, this one. As he's a classic British (well, Peruvian, technically) icon I've gone with the Jaguar XJ-13 - a classic British car. I find the bodywork has a lovely cartoon-feel to it which is fitting for a children's character. The colour scheme is based on his blue duffel coat and red hat and I've given the wheels a brown coat because he is a bear, after all. Gordon's gets the gin duties as it's a no nonsense classic British brand and Capel* is the Pisco of choice, largely because it's logo worked better with the car than the other pisco brands I have. Finally the marmalade is handled by Robertson's Golden Shred which is again, another classic.

*ok, slight cheat - Capel is actually made in Chile but I drank a ******** of it in Peru when i was there so i'm standing by my choice!

Last edited:
Following on from the James Bond's 'Vesper' I thought I'd do another variation of a Martini inspired by an iconic British Character

#17 - The Paddington Bear

1 measure of Gin (preferably London Dry)
1 measure of Pisco
A spoonful of marmalade
Ice
Combine ingredients and shake before pouring. Serve with a slice of orange zest.
(I have seen a few alternate recipes for this - some add Vermouth as if it were a normal Martini- I don't find it necessary as the marmalade provides enough sweetness and as Pisco is a grape-based spirit, there's still a hint of a vermouth taste to it. Another recipe has Absinthe and Rum which have absolutely no connection to Paddington Bear whatsoever and as such shall be disregarded and never spoken of again!)

Inspired by the marmalade sandwich loving bear from deepest, darkest Peru who was named after the train station he was found wandering in, the Paddington Bear combines dry gin, Peru's national spirit Pisco and Paddington's favourite sandwich spread marmalade to make a sweet little concoction.

It's all about the classics, this one. As he's a classic British (well, Peruvian, technically) icon I've gone with the Jaguar XJ-13 - a classic British car. I find the bodywork has a lovely cartoon-feel to it which is fitting for a children's character. The colour scheme is based on his blue duffel coat and red hat and I've given the wheels a brown coat because he is a bear, after all. Gordon's gets the gin duties as it's a no nonsense classic British brand and Capel is the Pisco of choice, largely because it's logo worked better with the car than the other pisco brands I have. Finally the marmalade is handled by Robertson's Golden Shred which is again, another classic.

giphy.gif

Excuse me, Mr. That sounds tasty to me - what marmelade do you recommend?

View attachment 897807

Excuse me, Mr. That sounds tasty to me - what marmelade do you recommend?
:lol:

Robertson's Golden Shred is Britain's best known marmalade and also has had all sorts of promotional tie-ins with Paddington over the years but the original stuff comes from Dundee. Keiller & Sons were the first but no longer exist so Mackay's Dundee Maramalade is the next best thing -

That said, you're mixing it with a bucketload of high-strength alcohol so there's no need to be too fussy!

Back