The credits cost of all 454 cars in Gran Turismo 7 [489 Million total]

• Thread starter Samus
  • 932 comments
hmm i feel the grinding wasn't as long as previous games.
Well, it is.
decades to get one car? i agree somewhat with your general point but gross exaggerations like this don’t help the cause.
Decades for one car may be a bit of an exaggeration but if you just play the game naturally and don't grind out the best races, if you just play online and you're only averagely good, and you only play a few hours a week, it could genuinely take 5+ years to earn enough credits to buy the cars.

Decades for one car may be a bit of an exaggeration but if you just play the game naturally and don't grind out the best races, if you just play online and you're only averagely good, and you only play a few hours a week, it could genuinely take 5+ years to earn enough credits to buy the cars.
That sounds like me. I have only really been doing custom races and the GTWS for a while (GT2, low B ranking), never grinded Tokyo (I hate that race), play for an hour or so a few nights a week. I do the Sardegna WTC 800 more often than other career races, but that's more to test the various Gr.3 cars rather than for the credits. Work my way through the various manufacturers' lineups, spending all that I earn.

It's taken me 6 months of playtime to acquire 400 cars (90% of the collection). The remaining 40-50 cars are the really expensive Legends - may take a while if I'm not specifically targeting credits but I doubt it would be 4 years.

That sounds like me. I have only really been doing custom races and the GTWS for a while (GT2, low B ranking), never grinded Tokyo (I hate that race), play for an hour or so a few nights a week. I do the Sardegna WTC 800 more often than other career races, but that's more to test the various Gr.3 cars rather than for the credits. Work my way through the various manufacturers' lineups, spending all that I earn.

It's taken me 6 months of playtime to acquire 400 cars (90% of the collection). The remaining 40-50 cars are the really expensive Legends - may take a while if I'm not specifically targeting credits but I doubt it would be 4 years.
Well, I don't know which cars you have left but all 68 Legendary cars are 303 million.

Again guessing on your total play time and earnings but if for example you only play 4 hours per week and earn 100,000 per hour playing online or custom races, that is around 400,000 per week. 303 million / 400k = 757 weeks = 14 years.

Obviously from there you can do any divisions, 200k per hour is 7 years, 400k per hour is 3.5 years and so on.

Ok, my own maths. 208 million earned in 187 days (that I’ve actually logged in) = ave 1.1 million per session.

29 legends left at 255 million (current prices, I’m aware of the in-game inflation). That’s about 8 months at current pace, but previous earnings included some unrepeatable stuff like missions and CEs. Let’s half the earnings rate, gives us 463 play sessions (!!). Wow that’s a long time - but it’s still not years or decades to afford one car, or even 5+ years to buy the whole lot.

Ok, my own maths. 208 million earned in 187 days (that I’ve actually logged in) = ave 1.1 million per session.

29 legends left at 255 million (current prices, I’m aware of the in-game inflation). That’s about 8 months at current pace, but previous earnings included some unrepeatable stuff like missions and CEs. Let’s half the earnings rate, gives us 463 play sessions (!!). Wow that’s a long time - but it’s still not years or decades to afford one car, or even 5+ years to buy the whole lot.
Yeah obviously it's going to vary greatly depending on how much you play and what you play. For someone that solely does daily races and earns peanuts, my figures are going to be pretty close to reality. Or at least last I heard daily races pay out very poorly, and you can't do very many per hour.

On the other hand someone that can play 40 hours a week and spends most of that time grinding the meta races over and over, it's only going to be a few weeks. But still several hundred hours total.

Last edited:
And you do seem love to look like an expert at losing your precious time for stupid stuff.

It's stupid to lose 100hours, which you could use to actually learn something, to grind a game in order to get all the cars.

It's pathetic

And players need to wake up,

There's a lot of players who works, have kids, have only a few hours to spend on a game and they shouldn't have to spend years, decades to just get one car.

One day, you'll grow up and find out that you lost your time
Well aren't you the life of the party. lol you sound pretty triggered. lets hope PD brings some more 20 million cars out for your enjoyment lol and yup i'm pretty stupid to lose 514 hours currently in a game i still enjoy playing.

Last edited:
MakeModelYear
ChevroletCorvette Stingray Concept1959
Ferrari250 GTO CN.3729GT1962
Mercedes-Benz300SL W1941952

Just missing these 3, with 65M on my account. I think their value is 44M (4+20+20), right?

Well, I don't know which cars you have left but all 68 Legendary cars are 303 million.

Again guessing on your total play time and earnings but if for example you only play 4 hours per week and earn 100,000 per hour playing online or custom races, that is around 400,000 per week. 303 million / 400k = 757 weeks = 14 years.

Obviously from there you can do any divisions, 200k per hour is 7 years, 400k per hour is 3.5 years and so on.
My original statement was an exaggeration, but it doesn't take out the original problem.

Playing GT7 is like work, and a racing game shouldn't be a work except if you're planning to do competition (pro or amateur)

And the only work that is acceptable for a racing game, is training session in order to gain pace.

Not get virtual gold to buy a car that you'll never be able to use for an actual competitive race (Mclaren F1)

I don't understand why we aren't not all align with this and why there's still fanboys who surely are teenagers with a lot of free time (maybe too much) who thinks "yeah, it's awesome"

No it's not

That's more than a little bit condescending. Anyone who does not agree with you has to grow up? :odd:
Well kind of.

I've been playing GT1 in 1997, I was 15 year old : I got a lot of time in front of me at that age

Now, it's GT7, and I'm 40 years old : I work, have other interest other than GT7 (F1 2022 for example), a wife.

What happened between ? I grew up. Like a lot of other players, who have kids, a carrier, and can maybe only give the game a few hours there and there.

That's it, pretty simple math. It might be condescending for someone who's 17years old but it's the reality of a lot of players. We got older and don't have the same amount of time in front of us.

I know some that actually don't play games at all anymore, but would love too if they had the time. Do you think that knowing how GT7 is manufacturer, do you think they would invest any $ into a setup knowing that they will only be able to enjoy 10% of the game ?

In GT2, there's was the arcade mode where you could win access to all cars by doing a certain amount of race. Allowing you to at least make some custom race or time attack with all the cars in the game.

It's an issue to have a Mclaren F1 at 20millions, that only appears for 10days 3-4 time a year. It should be one for any reasonable player.

Hardcore player are not reasonable by definition, we don't need their subjective idea on a matter.

Just like we don't need any sarcasm from a billionaire making fun of our lil Peugeot...

I don't get the sense that there are a lot of teenage fanboys here, seems like an older crowd who enjoy racing and are prepared to put up with the grind to collect some nice shiny vehicles.

Big 4-0 next year, work yes, wife hell no, I still make time because I am enjoying the game. Once it stops being fun I'll do something else. Plus the GT series has always been somewhat of a grind, I remember teenage me having to run a race many times over so I could sell the TVR prize car (I wasn't very good and it was the only way I could make money) - people should know what they are getting after 25 years.

Currently the LCD has:

DB3S : 6 million
8C 2900B : 20 million
917K : 18 million
CLK-LM : 6.5 million
330 P4 : 9.5 million
F1 : 19.4 million

For a total count of: 79.4 million credits!!!!

And if you want to have all of those cars, you have to collect those credits in... what... 12 days??? Yeah, if you're a kid (or anyone really) who has nothing to do but play this game, that shouldn't be a problem, even then it would probably be tedious as hell grinding the same races like 30-40 times...

And... if you miss any of them, say goodbye to any of these cars for another month or two.

Just think people... The LCD cars only appear 6-7x per YEAR.

This game should be called: "Gran Slog 7".

I don't get the sense that there are a lot of teenage fanboys here, seems like an older crowd who enjoy racing and are prepared to put up with the grind to collect some nice shiny vehicles.

Big 4-0 next year, work yes, wife hell no, I still make time because I am enjoying the game. Once it stops being fun I'll do something else. Plus the GT series has always been somewhat of a grind, I remember teenage me having to run a race many times over so I could sell the TVR prize car (I wasn't very good and it was the only way I could make money) - people should know what they are getting after 25 years.

Except for the FACT Gran Turismo 7 is going to an all-time never before seen extreme way of grinding.

-Only game that tells you to collect every single car
-Can't sell cars
-LCD/UCD rotations of each car taking months
-Worst credit grind in the franchise by a long shot

There's a thread I made about this. No point arguing here whatsoever. I keep telling, people who say "GT has always been about grinding" to defend GT7 have no idea what they're saying.

Last edited:
My original statement was an exaggeration, but it doesn't take out the original problem.

Playing GT7 is like work, and a racing game shouldn't be a work except if you're planning to do competition (pro or amateur)

And the only work that is acceptable for a racing game, is training session in order to gain pace.

Not get virtual gold to buy a car that you'll never be able to use for an actual competitive race (Mclaren F1)

I don't understand why we aren't not all align with this and why there's still fanboys who surely are teenagers with a lot of free time (maybe too much) who thinks "yeah, it's awesome"

No it's not

Well kind of.

I've been playing GT1 in 1997, I was 15 year old : I got a lot of time in front of me at that age

Now, it's GT7, and I'm 40 years old : I work, have other interest other than GT7 (F1 2022 for example), a wife.

What happened between ? I grew up. Like a lot of other players, who have kids, a carrier, and can maybe only give the game a few hours there and there.

That's it, pretty simple math. It might be condescending for someone who's 17years old but it's the reality of a lot of players. We got older and don't have the same amount of time in front of us.

I know some that actually don't play games at all anymore, but would love too if they had the time. Do you think that knowing how GT7 is manufacturer, do you think they would invest any $ into a setup knowing that they will only be able to enjoy 10% of the game ?

In GT2, there's was the arcade mode where you could win access to all cars by doing a certain amount of race. Allowing you to at least make some custom race or time attack with all the cars in the game.

It's an issue to have a Mclaren F1 at 20millions, that only appears for 10days 3-4 time a year. It should be one for any reasonable player.

Hardcore player are not reasonable by definition, we don't need their subjective idea on a matter.

Just like we don't need any sarcasm from a billionaire making fun of our lil Peugeot...
Well, maybe when you grow up a little bit more you will be able to grasp what I meant 😋

-Only game that tells you to collect every single car
-Can't sell cars
-LCD/UCD rotations of each car taking months
-Worst credit grind in the franchise by a long shot
I do agree on the other parts, but the first - it doesn't tell you to do that (that I remember), you don't have to do that, there is no reward for doing that (in-game or trophy). It's a choice people make.

my way of accumulating cars is slow and low , i’ve had the game roughly a month after launch, I only have 150 of which around 100 of them are gift cars, the most i’ve spent from hagertys is 9 million on the Ferrari 330, if i get all the cars eventually all is good, but if not it’s not a big deal. I won’t ever grind or buy MTXs, if it takes me years , so be it .

I do agree on the other parts, but the first - it doesn't tell you to do that (that I remember), you don't have to do that, there is no reward for doing that (in-game or trophy). It's a choice people make.
It does... It's the new "Game Progression" state.
In the past, Gran Turismos had a 100% completion only when you cleared and golded all the events in the game. GT7 does not.
It only has for the Cars and Circuit Experience.

But more convincingly... PD keeps on adding "Extra Menus" for you to collect cars to complete those menus and receive a reward. Eventually you're going to need almost all of them for that as they keep releasing newer menus. So yes, they are making you go that route. They make it even more obvious by the fact that the rewards from these "Extra Menus" are engines or special car parts, which you can't get from anywhere else aside from RNG roulette which can take a long time. PD is not dumb here... This is intentional.

It's always our choice, obviously, I can use this argument for literally every game, if I want to I can just explore the RDR2 or HFW world and not do a single thing (story missions or anything else). Doesn't mean that the intent from the developers behind it is different.
PD wants you to collect those cars, but they make it so that it's very tedious in doing so. It was a horrible design decision, that is now so ingrained into the game's roots that this more than likely will never be changed.

It's the biggest reason for why this game is off-putting.

Last edited:
The 'Extra Menus' are also gated by your Collector Level. Collecting cars is definately the objective of the this game. Whether you choose to engage with it in that way is on you, but the intention is very very clear.

The 'Extra Menus' are also gated by your Collector Level. Collecting cars is definately the objective of the this game. Whether you choose to engage with it in that way is on you, but the intention is very very clear.
I agree. However, you do have a choice how quickly you want to collect them all. I have found that planning a bit and not being too greedy makes the grind less exhausting.

I agree. However, you do have a choice how quickly you want to collect them all. I have found that planning a bit and not being too greedy makes the grind less exhausting.
This is people like you and me who plan to play this game for long... The casual player after a few couple of months will discard it and play something else, never to have gotten the opportunity to drive some of the desirable LCD cars because of either being too expensive or taking 1-2 damn months to appear again.

After spending over 200-300 hours in a game, it's to be expected that I could have acess to all of it's content by then... Unless the game actually has about that much time worth of content, which it quite clearly doesn't in GT7's case... It has about 4-5x more time grinding than actual gameplay.

Currently the LCD has:

DB3S : 6 million
8C 2900B : 20 million
917K : 18 million
CLK-LM : 6.5 million
330 P4 : 9.5 million
F1 : 19.4 million

For a total count of: 79.4 million credits!!!!
Add the 300SL W194 to this... another 20 million. 99.4 million credits in 14 days.

4 of the 5 most expensive cars in the game all at once. Magnificent!!!

We Have been trickle fed credits for months from the online time trials and limited content updates. Trying to save up for these machines doesn't work which really hurts the other gameplay because the parts / tyres are too expensive which leaves the cars in the garage stock and rarely used. The low miles better get me a good resale value if that feature ever arrives.

@Samus I started making a list of the cars I needed to collect and the corresponding amount required, and ended up making the entire car list by mistake! I have gone through it multiple times now, and as far as I can see there's two cars missing from your list: The Mangusta Christian Dior and RX-VISION GT3 Stealth Model. Adds up to an extra 950,000 cr. Might have been a conscious decision though?

And then the important part: the total cost of all cars on my list totals 487,994,715 cr.

I'm not sure where the extra 8 mil comes from, but it's substantial. I can send you my spreadsheet if you want to double-check against yours?

The scary part I found is I've still got 78% of the required credits left to purchase the remaining 51% of the cars I don't yet own!

1665135412563.png

@Samus I started making a list of the cars I needed to collect and the corresponding amount required, and ended up making the entire car list by mistake! I have gone through it multiple times now, and as far as I can see there's two cars missing from your list: The Mangusta Christian Dior and RX-VISION GT3 Stealth Model. Adds up to an extra 950,000 cr. Might have been a conscious decision though?

And then the important part: the total cost of all cars on my list totals 487,994,715 cr.

I'm not sure where the extra 8 mil comes from, but it's substantial. I can send you my spreadsheet if you want to double-check against yours?

The scary part I found is I've still got 78% of the required credits left to purchase the remaining 51% of the cars I don't yet own!

View attachment 1198359
That Stealth Model is a pre-order bonus. So not attainable.

The Dior thing is just a promotional livery so it doesn't count.

Last edited:
That Stealth Model is a pre-order bonus. So not attainable.

The Dior thing is just a promotional livery so it doesn't count.
Fair point on the Stealth Model, but Dior car is attainable and at a different cost, regardless of being a promotional livery item. Even discounting those two there's still nearly 8 mil difference somewhere in there...

200.gif

Did a doctor order you to buy all those cars right now?
What are they there for then, the fun of it? They are there to buy because you want them. If you don't, you've got to wait 3+ months. No part of this is good but no surprise you've decided to try and defend it, since you treat GT like your first born.

View attachment 1198359
As someone else just said the Stealth model isn't available to buy so I didn't include that and didn't see the point adding the Mangusta since it's the same model with a livery.

But sure, PM me your list if you like and I'll cross reference, I may have missed some of the recent price increases.

What are they there for then, the fun of it? They are there to buy because you want them. If you don't, you've got to wait 3+ months. No part of this is good but no surprise you've decided to try and defend it, since you treat GT like your first born.

As someone else just said the Stealth model isn't available to buy so I didn't include that and didn't see the point adding the Mangusta since it's the same model with a livery.

But sure, PM me your list if you like and I'll cross reference, I may have missed some of the recent price increases.
I don't seem to be able to send you a message on here - doesn't find your username? If you message me I can message back and send you a link to my spreadsheet.

Back