The Crew 2 Arrives on Google Stadia March 25

Google Stadia sucks. Nobody cares about them unless they're suck-ups.

I agree, damn companies trying new things in an attempt to improve technology!

I really can't grasp why people are so against Stadia. Even if you dont have any interest in buying it (I'm in that category) the fact companies are trying new things will benefit everybody in the long run. Even failures can give us valuable information that we can use to make improvements in other areas.

I really can't grasp why people are so against Stadia. Even if you dont have any interest in buying it (I'm in that category) the fact companies are trying new things will benefit everybody in the long run. Even failures can give us valuable information that we can use to make improvements in other areas.

I think people are worried about Google having a monopoly like they do in the search engine world and other areas. Seeing how expensive Stadia is and how bad a gaming world monopolised by Google would be like I think people are trying to kill it off before it gains any momentum.

I think people are worried about Google having a monopoly like they do in the search engine world and other areas. Seeing how expensive Stadia is and how bad a gaming world monopolised by Google would be like I think people are trying to kill it off before it gains any momentum.

Wow, I never mentioned anything about innovation or emerging technologies or monopoly.

Simple fact is however, Google Stadia as it is, is far from the playable quality that they promised. And is a totally incompetent service. I've experienced it first-hand at my local shopping mall, and most seem to be having the same problem; latency. Oh, and remember the 4K that they promised? Thats already out the window.

I'm only talking about Stadia, not emerging technolohies and development. Unless you want to start a completely different discussion, then go ahead.

You cant blame emerging technology for false advertisement. You're either transparent and honest about it, or you cut corners. Google did the latter instead of being up-front for the sake of hype: a classic Silicone Valley sales tactic.

"Forget boxes forget consoles!" was their motto even, yet peoole need a box to use it...

So many issues and misinformation they didn't address to anyone when they put it on sale, nobody was expecting to receive a box because Google didn't say, but they did.
It's borderlining fraud.

4K Stadia? Another false advertisement. Yet to see an example of 4K Stadia being played. (months later even)

If you've ever bothered to look through their games library, all of their games are being sold at full AAA release price, almost £80 for a game is not rare. Desoite many games having debut on consoles YEARS prior and even being available as free downloads on consoles services like PS+.

If you've watched their adverts even, please try and convince me they are not focusing purely on hype.

And by god, those pre-order codes...

Last edited:
I think Stadia is a good concept but the execution of it was the sucky part.
Just because you can play anywhere (But you can do that with any thing anyways)
So I guess good for Ubisoft to milk more money out of TC2

Please you act like Sony and Microsoft are not trying to move technology forward with there streaming services. And i would trust Sony and Microsoft just base on there rich history in gaming more then some unproven technology from google which have zero history when it comes to gaming.

Please you act like Sony and Microsoft are not trying to move technology forward with there streaming services. And i would trust Sony and Microsoft just base on there rich history in gaming more then some unproven technology from google which have zero history when it comes to gaming.

The more companies involved in a field the faster innovations happen. Just look at the automotive world today compared to where it was 50 years ago. Sure Ferrari and Porsche have made lots of great strides, that doesn’t mean there isn’t a purpose for say the McLaren P1.

Yep. Better the devil you know...

I can see why Ubisoft released the game on Stadia since it's pretty much minimal cost and zero risk on their end, and obviously Google wants any Popular AAA Game for their library.

But given that the game has been out for quite a while on several other platforms, been on sale multiple times and presumably any progress on other versions won't carry over to Stadia (and with some people well past icon level 1000+ by now that's important), I'm not sure who's left that would care to buy it.

If Google's present policy of quitting while down remains in place this thing is doomed.The new consoles imo would be the last nail in a laggy coffin.

The more companies involved in a field the faster innovations happen. Just look at the automotive world today compared to where it was 50 years ago. Sure Ferrari and Porsche have made lots of great strides, that doesn’t mean there isn’t a purpose for say the McLaren P1.

Thats a different topic entirely.

The concept can seem great, but the product can be miserably awful. Like with anything.

You cant convince people to buy an awfully incompetant product/service just because "Hey, this is just the beginning and you other devs will make better!" Nah, people will buy whatever is polished and refined. Not utter rubbish thats in its very very early stages of development. (so premature it shouldn't even have been sold to the public already)

Google market Stadia on the concept alone, and not at all on the product. Typical Silicone Valley technique; concept hype, promise the world, cut corners with the final product to rip off everyone and make a tasty profit from PR as a primary focus over the product itself.

I'm not sure who's left that would care to buy it.

Northstar. Oh and also... Northstar.

Last edited:
Mentioned this already in General Discussion, but on the plus side, guaranteed easy Platinums in the Summit since there's probably going to be all of two people playing on this DOA platform.

Not only that, but Google has an history of, well, this.

Google market Stadia on the concept alone, and not at all on the product. Typical Silicone Valley technique; concept hype, promise the world, cut corners with the final product to rip off everyone and make a tasty profit from PR as a primary focus over the product itself.
Or more likely, get in first so they can file so many patents, copyrights and other "no it's mine" legal hurdles on the associated components, designs and abstract ideas that anyone who does intend to do it better in the future will be forced to pay millions in licensing fees or come to them for expensive and probably substandard proprietary technology. The only people who get rich during a gold rush are the ones selling picks and shovels, after all.

And of course, there's a definite non-zero chance that no one will want to try and do it better then because now it's prohibitively expensive to develop, and the idea just ends up dying out and is forgotten until decades later. Never underestimate the ability of short-term greed to kill long-term innovation.

You seem to be misinterpreting innovation with releasing yet another obviously rushed and unfinished product to cash in on, on top of false advertising and broken promises. Not to mention the whole business model is insanity, and the potential of Stadia might not even be truly tapped into. NVidia's streaming service seemed to be miles ahead of Stadia until that was ruined by the greedy corporate overlords at the "AAA" publishers/developers. And let's not forget about xCloud and PS Now, which seem to offer better experiences.

I'm all for innovation, but it does not and should not come at the cost of anti-consumer practices. Just because a company is involved with technology that's still pretty much in its infancy doesn't always mean it's for the betterment of, or is innovating said technology. The only thing Google really contributed is how not to do a streaming service.

Again, the concept might've been good, but awful, just awful execution throughout. People aren't angry over the concept, it's Google's attitude towards the platform and inability to actually invest in the product in a meaningful or acceptable way. And the business model. Not to mention Google's lies about the product itself. And with Google's track record of killing off products that aren't "going according to plan" is quite on par with EA's ability to kill off studios.

You have to judge a product as it is released, not what it "might", and only "might" become. If anything, the current "AAA" gaming industry is proving that for the overwhelmingly majority part. Don't even get me started on roadmaps.

Google didn't killed it off yet?
Also streaming games is picture-wise like going back from UHD Blu-rays to DVD's. Now throw in that obvious input lag plus another bunch of nasty issues and that's pretty much it.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Back