The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
I find myself playing The Crew 2 a lot more than Forza Horizon 4 in recent times. Even though the latter is a more polished experience, having a bigger map and more vehicle variety makes TC2 more fun to play.

It also helps how far this game has come since there were so few events and virtually no endgame for a few months after launch. Nowadays, you almost always have something new to do! 👍

EDIT: Figured I should summarise in meme format
TC2 FH4.png

Last edited:
So I'm half way between Famous and Star, from what I understand when you hit Icon that's when you can really do more things.

I'm really liking the variety so far, the Aerobatics and Monster Trucks are a lot of fun, the only thing I haven't mastered yet are the boats.

IIRC, Icon players can enter Summits. They're both fun and rewarding. You just need to have the right vehicles and setups to get good scores.

As for the Jetsprint events, practice makes perfect. I'm still trying to get Ace on them...

I'm almost at 500 hours. I probably play this more than Forza and GT combined :)

That's a lot of hours!

I noticed theres a beefed up Stats section added with the latest update, which tells me I'm just coming up to 100 hours.

Aside from the Street Races and Hypercars, I've not Aced any other vehicle modes yet. Which is a scary thought as it means a long way to go... :eek:

So, the Carrera 4S; Really, really fast. Quite possibly one of, if not the fastest car in the game now. With a max power Nitro Chemist set, it becomes genuinely overpowered, which I would probably hate if it weren't for the fact that it's a treat to drive, even maxxed out. The fact that the game simulates the car's rear steering is also pretty neat.

The One:1, meanwhile, is nowhere near as good, imo. It has strong brakes and good overall steering angle, but the steering rate feels pretty slow. The powerband feels ok, but the car seems to lose a decent amount of steam at 260 MPH. Apparently it's got similar overall performance as the Jesko, but the Jesko has better overall driving charecteristics.

p78
For those just starting. If you can use a bike for an event. Do it. Most likely an easy win.
I found the F4RR to be best :) and when doing skills like drifting and aerobatics use the best perks you have don't worry to much about using the higher lvl loot if its got no bonus for the events your doing.

I found the F4RR to be best :) and when doing skills like drifting and aerobatics use the best perks you have don't worry to much about using the higher lvl loot if its got no bonus for the events your doing.
I heard the Brutale isn't too bad either.

The VW Beetle will be available for 1 Crew Credit between now and June 15th

We’re thrilled for this opportunity to celebrate The Crew 2’s first two years of activity, and thank all the players and communities who have supported us along the way!

As a token of our appreciation, we’ve added the Volkswagen Beetle (1967) to the game 3 days early and temporarily dropped its price to just 1 Crew Credit for all players. You can find it in the Shop effective immediately!

Please note that this discount will last until the Beetle’s original release date on July 15. Our planned maintenance will begin at 10am CEST, and after this point the car will return to its usual price.

Thank you again for your passion, Gearheads, and here’s to a fantastic Summer in Hollywood!

See you on the road, The Crew Team

Source

Gotta be honest, while I love that the Beetle is here, and the customization options for it are really nice all around, it’s a little bit understeer-y for my liking, so I’m probably going to use it mainly as a cruiser rather than a racer.
I am curious to know what you guys make of it’s handling, though.

Oh i played 30m after you posted that.
Too bad the bug doens't have the roof rack like in the announcement.

p78
Oh i played 30m after you posted that.
Too bad the bug doens't have the roof rack like in the announcement.
The roof racked Beetle is a seperate car, called the "Kahakai Edition" VW Beetle - which makes me wonder when it'll be made available.

The roof racked Beetle is a seperate car, called the "Kahakai Edition" VW Beetle - which makes me wonder when it'll be made available.
Most likely a CC car like the Star Eclipse, since I don't see it as a reward for next week's Summit.

Most likely a CC car like the Star Eclipse, since I don't see it as a reward for next week's Summit.
Actually I have since gotten a bit of news about that, CC cars will no longer be a thing, they will be buyable as normal vehicles, but the vanity items themselves may be sold seperately as CC only stuff... Which is what it shoud've been from the beginning honestly.

I just love their support for the game.

EA and Codemasters should take good note but also Polyphony could learn a thing or two here.

The result is that I am still playing and enjoying the game for 3 years now. :dopey:

Actually I have since gotten a bit of news about that, CC cars will no longer be a thing, they will be buyable as normal vehicles, but the vanity items themselves may be sold seperately as CC only stuff... Which is what it shoud've been from the beginning honestly.
So, kind of how they did the non-Summit Special cars like the golden RS5 and Blue Storm Focus.

Back