The Crew: Wild Run Edition

Sceptical about the expansion, especially if it's paid for. If it was free, then it would make me fire up the game again.

For me, whether I pay for the expansion will depend a lot on the pricing of the DLC. If it's something I want and at a reasonable price it would be very tempting.

But I should mention there's also the fact that it seems like there will be a graphical upgrade coming for everyone (at least I think that's what they meant). So even if the DLC doesn't interest me, it could well be worth going back to have a look at that huge map with more PS4 worthy graphics.

I played the game to death for 3-4 months (which is very unusual for me) and needed to give it a break. But I can see me going back and doing more later on this year, especially if there is a free graphical upgrade at the same time - that would give me 2 reasons to go back to the game.

There are also the extra season pass cars to try that they keep adding of course.

For all its frustrating bugs, I certainly feel like I got my money's worth and more from this game, based on the number of hours spent playing it to date (somewhere around 100 hours). But obviously, others will feel differently.

Kawasaki H2R!!! I've been playing The Crew with a wheel all this time, it's about to change depending on how the motorbikes feel.

Natchai(ubisoft) said:

"It's an expansion upon the base game. The graphical overhaul will come for everyone, but everything else will only be for people who have the expansion (drift spec etc...) You'll still be able to play together except perhaps for expansion specific stuff of course"

This is exactly what I expected, graphical overhaul for everyone, but the new cars and content will be paid DLC.

Seems like they have taken a leaf out of Burnout Paradise's book by combining cars and bikes. Really what other games allow you to race both in one go? Only PGR and Paradise I think (maybe TDU too? I can't remember). Pretty cool stuff 👍 And it will be interesting to see how much of an improvement the graphical upgrade will be. Honestly this game should have been released end of this year :lol: It would've gotten a much better reception I think.

Don't forget MotorStorm.

Delighted in mowing down those bloody OP dirt bikers in monster trucks.

Seems like they have taken a leaf out of Burnout Paradise's book by combining cars and bikes. Really what other games allow you to race both in one go? Only PGR and Paradise I think (maybe TDU too? I can't remember). Pretty cool stuff 👍

You could not race bikes in Paradise against cars.

Haven't been on The Crew since the last major update and this may bring me back to it. For at least 20 minutes.

just turned on the crew ps4 to find my Fanatec wheel now works and is supported. i didn't know there was a update?

I can confirm this is true. Even though on the official forums they say it's not supported and have no plans to do so....Everything works except for the clutch pedal. Using CSR wheel and pedals.

Even with Season Pass?

The Season Pass covers content released through May, 2015; exactly as advertised. Plus the DLC last month was a free car pack which I think is great.

TC_post-launch_UK.jpg

The Wild Run content, due November 2015, is an expansion of the game just like the Porsche DLC was for and expansion for FM4, New cars, New events etc were added to FM4 and it was not covered by the season pass, this expansion for TC is no different.

I did not buy the Porsche content for FM4, it was not something I felt I needed to have.

I will buy the Wild Run content because I feel like I will get good use out of the new specs, Drift and Drag specs and I will enjoy having Bikes and Monster Trucks in addition to the new content, races, events etc.

You dream big. More assets, better quality and better FPS?
It's not a big dream considering that many developers can do 60 fps or close to it easily. They should have a frame rate "switch" like in Infamous First Light where you can switch between 30fps and unlimited (which on PS4 makes it 60fps)

There is hardly any ai traffic and these current consoles can support more.

I never said better quality, mainly since the game is so large that this is probably all they can do (even though it looks like an early last gen game in some aspects, most likely because the game was in development for the previous generation of consoles and then switched later on I think)

Last edited:
Again, I haven't been on The Crew because of Project CARS...but I am looking forward to this major expansion. Including bikes! Hopefully the graphics will be much better that it will be more demanding than what it is, because HardOCP said that the graphics right now isn't standard for a next-gen game...hopefully it will be as demanding as Project CARS, because that pretty much set the standard for ultra-high-quality racing graphics that, I think, even Forza 6 or Gran Turismo 7 might not be able to match.

Again, I haven't been on The Crew because of Project CARS...but I am looking forward to this major expansion. Including bikes! Hopefully the graphics will be much better that it will be more demanding than what it is, because HardOCP said that the graphics right now isn't standard for a next-gen game...hopefully it will be as demanding as Project CARS, because that pretty much set the standard for ultra-high-quality racing graphics that, I think, even Forza 6 or Gran Turismo 7 might not be able to match.
The graphics need to atleast be as good as FH2's for me to go back to it. If they aren't I'll stick with NFS Rivals and GTAV for my PS4 games.

I think there is an answer for that already: Driveclub (yes, yes I know it's not a sim don't flame me :P)

Apologies for the huge bump...

My game just applied an update when I fired it up

About 500mb. Does anyone have any info on what that could be for please?

Thanks in advance :)

Apologies for the huge bump...

My game just applied an update when I fired it up

About 500mb. Does anyone have any info on what that could be for please?

Thanks in advance :)
Quick Google search turned up this: http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/....aspx?c=tcm:152-209557-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Main Notes:
Nissan 240Z, Cadillac Edlorado & Mercedes 300SLR W/ Specs
PVP Mode: Crown
Roulette Lobby System
New Spoilers (& Spoiler Removal) for Perf cars (FINALLY!!!!)
2 New Faction Missions
11 New Stickers
2 Hour Free Trial on PC
Numerous Bug Fixes

Last edited:
Another one of my friends picked this up lately so I have been playing with him the last few days. One of the events we had to jump off the ski ramp to chase down and destroy one of the vehicles in co-op mode. Forgot how intense and how much fun this game can be. :dopey:

Last edited:
Back