The Crew: Wild Run Edition

I found a glitch that allows for driving underwater. As far as I can tell, any part that connects to the ocean can be driven on and I'll do some videos later showing cool things that can be done while underwater.

Last edited:
I hope one of you guys can help me out. I am trying to gather enough money to buy myself another car by doing the story missions (single player) but progress seems really slow. Since I've been playing I managed to get only 2 cars and I simply can't get money added to buy myself something new.

I don't want to use any cheat system, so I was wondering: how can I get some money to buy myself a proper sportscar? Do I need to gold the missions?

I hope one of you guys can help me out. I am trying to gather enough money to buy myself another car by doing the story missions (single player) but progress seems really slow. Since I've been playing I managed to get only 2 cars and I simply can't get money added to buy myself something new.

I don't want to use any cheat system, so I was wondering: how can I get some money to buy myself a proper sportscar? Do I need to gold the missions?
I'm not sure which version of the game you're on, but there should be some crates scattered around the map, shown as colored triangles, added in the Calling All Units patch. The crates can be picked up by anybody, even if they don't own the CaU expansion. These crates contain car fragments, which when 10 of them are collected, will give you a new car. The way cars are selected for you to win is totally random, but once a car is drawn, you can't 'roll again' to get a new one, unless you purchase the car in question or collect 10 car fragments for it. The crates need to be transported to a location, whilst the transporter is followed by Police. The crates are varied in color, to signify length and the chance to win a car fragment. Bronze crates will usually be short 4-5 mile sprints, but they will only have a 25% chance of giving out a fragment. Silver crates will be around 6 miles long, and have a 50% fragment rate. Gold crates will be around 8 miles long and have a 75% fragment rate, and finally Platinum crates will be 10+ miles long and have a 100% fragment rate.
If you don't win a fragment, don't worry, you will be rewarded with a couple thousand bucks, and you can try the route over again until you win the fragment. If you get arrested while transporting a crate, you won't get anything. Also, if you win a fragment from a crate, that crate will become 'empty' and you won't be able to claim a fragment from that crate again until it appears again in the crate cycle, which resets every 24 hours or so.
Be mindful though, as there may be human or player police (those who bought the CaU expansion) that will try to stop you from completing crate deliveries, and Gold and Platinum crates seem attract them more than bronze or silver.

If that's not your thing, you could also grind some of the skill challenges, although the money gained from those is very small, at least in comparison to crates and missions.

Got all missions done. Now I need to get more plates. I'm working on getting the OFFROAD Idaho plate (because reasons). Got a long way to go though, since I have to do 250 Scramble Skills, 100 Takedown Missions and 100 Police Escapes all in a Raid car!

I found a glitch that allows for driving underwater. As far as I can tell, any part that connects to the ocean can be driven on and I'll do some videos later showing cool things that can be done while underwater.

Here's the finale video. it went avout as crazy as expected.

Progress:

I got 55 Scrambles and 25 Police escapes done. Still have a way to go, but I am dedicated to get my plate! My almost maxed out RUF is doing me good :)

Sorry for double posting. Getting more awards in and just completed the Frontier Tour faction mission. An hour and 45 minutes gives you finger cramps :)

I finally managed to buy myself the most beautiful car in the Crew :D Lamborghini Miura SV

Sorry for digging this up from the dead, but I happened to be browsing and thought I'd mention that you get $2000 for viewing each location on the map. It's the easiest way to get money if I recall correctly, just in case you haven' done this already. :cheers:

I've found a much easier way to get underwater at a different point on the map! You just drive into the water as there's an area where it isn't rendered fully. 👍 It's documented on YouTube, I found it completely by accident.

On a different note the last mission almost made me break my controller :mad:
You work hard to level up your cars to do well only to be placed in that god awful pick up truck for the final chase? Give me a break. It still wasn't as bad as the prison bus mission though!

Last edited:
I am getting close to buying the most expensive car in the game: The Koenigsegg Agera!

I've been grinding the Faction Missions by sending friends before I go to work and before bed.

As for the Raid B Awards: slow progress...

When I first got this game, I only played the story and when I finished I stopped playing. I decided to get back into and joined a PvP race and it was awful. In the first race two guys in AMG GT3s kept ramming me at the oval track and they said they were trying to get the slowest lap record. Then I did a few races in a different lobby. but everyone had 1479 performance cars so I came dead last every single time. Whats the best way to grind for money and car upgrades?

When I first got this game, I only played the story and when I finished I stopped playing. I decided to get back into and joined a PvP race and it was awful. In the first race two guys in AMG GT3s kept ramming me at the oval track and they said they were trying to get the slowest lap record. Then I did a few races in a different lobby. but everyone had 1479 performance cars so I came dead last every single time. Whats the best way to grind for money and car upgrades?
Faction Missions for money and Jump/Speed zones for parts.

Faction Missions for money and Jump/Speed zones for parts.
Adding on to that is this, the easiest jump skill is in Chicago on one of the bridges going through the city, it’s pretty easy and for the majority of specs is easily repeatable from where it respawns you on retry attempts.

Also, take note when the faction war ends each month, if you’re in the most popular/sucessful one then you’ll get bonus faction missions for a few days for each spec which are solid money makers, the street spec one is the easiest/shortest one and pays pretty much the same as the others. 👍

Back in time I used the custom races (direction button on controller, I belive) to grind for mioney. Chose your favorite road and car and just cruse.

Got to Level 60 today and finally won Platinum on Family Matters. Also won another car part from crates. 3 more and I get a KTM.

Latest Posts

Back