The DarknessMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter toyomatt84
  • 20 comments
  • 794 views
Messages
7,965
Well, what to say, the singer sounds a lot like Queen, but he does sing a little higher at times. I kind of like the stuff.

Favorite song - I believe in a thing called love.


It's a pretty good song.
 
Oh God, no.

No no no no no no no.

Please no.

Please Mummy, make it stop

The Darkness are just slavishly copying the back-catalogue of Slade and Rainbow. To say Justin Hawkins sounds like Freddie Mercury is to tell me that your stereo is of poor quality. The Darkness wish they had an ounce of creativity, that they could hold a candle in the gale of Queen's greatness.

And I don't even like Queen.

Seriously, the Darkness are just a load of arrogant pricks, passing off dreadful music from the 1970s and 1980s as original, ironic, post-modern, post-nu-metal excellence. And their fans are primarily composed of bandwagonneers, who jump, lemming-like, onto anything that looks like it might be "the next big thing".

Whereas what it actually is is a collection of cynically thieved ideas from bands that weren't that good at the time, and should be left to rot in Room 101. I hate them, their dreadful songs, the horrific falsetto vocals, and (mainly) the sheer conceit with which they hold themselves.

Ugh.
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
Oh God, no.

No no no no no no no.

Please no.

Please Mummy, make it stop

The Darkness are just slavishly copying the back-catalogue of Slade and Rainbow. To say Justin Hawkins sounds like Freddie Mercury is to tell me that your stereo is of poor quality. The Darkness wish they had an ounce of creativity, that they could hold a candle in the gale of Queen's greatness.

And I don't even like Queen.

Seriously, the Darkness are just a load of arrogant pricks, passing off dreadful music from the 1970s and 1980s as original, ironic, post-modern, post-nu-metal excellence. And their fans are primarily composed of bandwagonneers, who jump, lemming-like, onto anything that looks like it might be "the next big thing".

Whereas what it actually is is a collection of cynically thieved ideas from bands that weren't that good at the time, and should be left to rot in Room 101. I hate them, their dreadful songs, the horrific falsetto vocals, and (mainly) the sheer conceit with which they hold themselves.

Ugh.

Ah, my opinion has been swayed now. Perhaps I will give this band a "pass" then.

But as for not likeing Queen,

What's wrong with you man? :odd:

:p
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
Oh God, no.

No no no no no no no.

Please no.

Please Mummy, make it stop

The Darkness are just slavishly copying the back-catalogue of Slade and Rainbow. To say Justin Hawkins sounds like Freddie Mercury is to tell me that your stereo is of poor quality. The Darkness wish they had an ounce of creativity, that they could hold a candle in the gale of Queen's greatness.

And I don't even like Queen.

Seriously, the Darkness are just a load of arrogant pricks, passing off dreadful music from the 1970s and 1980s as original, ironic, post-modern, post-nu-metal excellence. And their fans are primarily composed of bandwagonneers, who jump, lemming-like, onto anything that looks like it might be "the next big thing".

Whereas what it actually is is a collection of cynically thieved ideas from bands that weren't that good at the time, and should be left to rot in Room 101. I hate them, their dreadful songs, the horrific falsetto vocals, and (mainly) the sheer conceit with which they hold themselves.

Ugh.


Wow, Giles, I apologize if I upset you. I just heard it on MTV2 and thought it was pretty cool. Sorry to peeve you off.
 
Rumple, give it a shot still. You might like it. It's kind of funny to see how high a man's voice can go. I assume it's from many years of grabbing himself. Do I say, Michael Jackson? :D
 
Giles, stop prevaricating around the shrubbery! Say what you mean.

Rumple, they're not as bad as Giles is making out. Give them a listen and make up your own mind.
 
They need to die.

Hard!

Especially Justin 'I'm a ****ing wierdo in a catsuit' Hawkins.

As for that Christmas single they released......





Did I say they need to die?
Artistically, or any other way would be nice.
 
To tell the truth, I've known about them for about 5 months now. I heard 'Get your hands of my woman' and I thought it was prtty catchy. But recently they have got massive amounts of radioplay/publicity making me sick of the sound of em and people going on like they are the next big thing from the UK. Which I seriously doubt. Also, they made a christmas single :yuck: .

Every time I see them, they just look so.

Ugh.
 
Very true, they are not very attractive people, but I think the "I believe in a thing called love" song is quite catchy.
 
Originally posted by toyomatt84
Wow, Giles, I apologize if I upset you. I just heard it on MTV2 and thought it was pretty cool. Sorry to peeve you off.

You didn't upset me at all. They upset me! You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, it's just that I disagree on this occasion! :)
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
You didn't upset me at all. They upset me! You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, it's just that I disagree on this occasion! :)


Okally dokally. :D :)
 
I agree with Giles, they suck !!

And 'I believe in a thing called love' is one of them songs that you'd be embarrased to say you like :p
 
Originally posted by lotus350
I agree with Giles, they suck !!

And 'I believe in a thing called love' is one of them songs that you'd be embarrased to say you like :p


Well, I kind of like it. It makes me feel happy that I can't scream that high.
 
Originally posted by toyomatt84
It makes me feel happy that I can't scream that high.

So, watching Baywatch makes you feel great because you are not like David Hasselhof?:odd:

No, seriously, I think at least their hit single is awesome.
 
Originally posted by GTJugend
So, watching Baywatch makes you feel great because you are not like David Hasselhof?:odd:

No, seriously, I think at least their hit single is awesome.



Touche. I don't watch Baywatch, because I don't like to be one of the millions watching that show. Or should I say, watching that show for some reason, because there is no good reason to watch it.
 
Wow, I didn't think this many people had no idea about them. Not that you didn't know about them, I mean the fact that you didn't know they're supposed to suck like that. They're supposed to be cheesy, they're supposed to be really bad. They're pretty much trying to be Spinal Tap but without a movie.

Hell, I think they're awesome.
 
Originally posted by KosmikFool
Wow, I didn't think this many people had no idea about them. Not that you didn't know about them, I mean the fact that you didn't know they're supposed to suck like that. They're supposed to be cheesy, they're supposed to be really bad. They're pretty much trying to be Spinal Tap but without a movie.

Hell, I think they're awesome.

I read in Kerrang that, it's not a parody. Although I could be wrong, i'm too lazy to trounce through the later issues, because they seem to be mentioned at least every other ****ing page.

Oh and spinal tap weren't that camp.
 
Back