The Dirty, Wet, Snow White. (tuning help)

United States
Maine
VooDooChilde333
This is just an introduction to a thread I hope will get a ton of attention. I will be adding what I can as I go, but this is what I am asking for;
Please Post;
Subject; Tuning for rain, dirt, and snow conditions.
--Ideas that can help tune.
--links to guides 'specific' to these conditions.
--things you have found that work great on these conditions.
--tunes. (just the links are fine)

I will keep editing this OP with tune specs (weather and PP), and quick links to them, as I see them posted. However, don't forget the point of the thread is to help each other learn to tune for this, rather then just grab a tune and run with it. This is a post for the Tuners, not just the tune-user's.
I will begin with the info that I have tonight when I get home from work. Everyone else, feel free to dive in.

Guide links;

Tune links;
----Snow---
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car byDolHaus

----Water/Rain----

----Dirt----

Citroen C4 WRC '08 byDemonchilde

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the kind of info you are looking for but......

When tuning for WET conditions, the suspension setup needs to be a bit softer all around than it would be for dry conditions. Not only do the spring rates need to be softer, but also the damper settings need to be a bit faster ("softer"). You may need to stiffen the roll bars a bit to compensate for the softer springs.

Just remember the basic rule.... Softer suspension means more grip, but less responsive to steering inputs. Both of these are beneficial in the wet.

The real trick is coming up with a compromise setup for those times when you have to deal with both conditions during the same race.

I hope that is along the lines of what you are hoping for in this thread @demonchilde. If not, I am happy to remove it.

Yup and thank you.
Put yourself in the shoes of someone new to tuning, or like myself, decent at one kind, but just starting out on alternative tuning (snow/dirt, ect). If you know something that would benefit said person, by all means share it.
I actually like wet driving, lol. I'm not a pro at it, but not a newb either. but snow and dirt? total newb, I admit it.
But its not about me, just filling in the gaps in all of our tuning knowledge. everyone can benefit from good advice.
Keep it coming. :)

General tips for any car destined for off road use:

High ride height - Gives the suspension more room to work and stops you bottoming out over the ruts.

Low ARB settings - Allows left/right wheel to respond independently to bumps helping to keep contact with the road and prevents the car becoming unstable.

Don't use low LSD Accel numbers, keep it around 30 or you'll just end up wasting power spinning up one wheel.

If you set your centre differential to 50:50 then be aware that pulling the handbrake will lock both front and rear wheels.

Last edited:
LancerSRC.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car
Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 440 BHP @ 4000 rpm / 82.3kgfm @ 3800 rpm
Weight: 1230 kg
Performance Points: 550pp
Tires: Spiked Snow Tyres

Suspension: (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 130 Rear: 130
Spring Rate: Front: 8.46 kg Rear: 7.22 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 4 Rear: 5
Dampers (Extension): Front: 5 Rear: 4
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 2 Rear: 1
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.10° Rear: 0.00°
Brakes: Racing Upgrade F: 6 R: 7

Drivetrain: Fully Customisable Transmission

1) Set final to 4.425
2) Set Max Speed to 112

1: 3.430
2: 2.585
3: 1.915
4: 1.540
5: 1.280
6: 1.086

Final: 3.375

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Differential

Initial Torque:
F 5 R 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: F 30 R 35
Braking Sensitivity: F 8 R 8
Clutch & Flywheel: Standard
Propeller Shaft: Standard
Torque Distributing Centre Differential: 48:52

Power

Oil Change: No
Power Limiter: 74.4%
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage: High-RPM
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement: No
Downforce: F: 150 R: 327
Weight Reduction: Standard
Bonnet: Standard
Windows: Standard
Ballast: 0 kg
Ballast position: 0

*Tuned for the 550pp seasonal event at Chamonix West (Snow)

Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.10° Rear: 0.00°
Brakes: Racing Upgrade F: 6 R: 7

- General almost all its tunings has Camber (_) zero and little use Toe negatico even in 4WD cars, that and a trend in GT6,:cheers:

- General almost all its tunings has Camber (_) zero and little use Toe negatico even in 4WD cars, that and a trend in GT6,:cheers:

I have read this and read this and read this again. I have tried reading it backwards. I have yet to accomplish understanding this at all, bro.
Did you mean to say, "Camber + snow/dirt = Bad" ??
I'm not trying to make fun, lol, just having a laugh. :)
I apologize, lol.

Thank you for the Tune for the snow. I am stuck on bronze-trophy right now, and have been experimenting tuning my 4 rally cars to make up that time. My best time is currently .300 away from silver.

ALSO, because I was being silly, I spent 50k on the Gordini, lol. I just wanted to see what I could get it to do.
My first run on it I was 1/2 a second below bronze trophy in it, lol.(I maxed its power and altered settings just a tiny bit)
That little blue box is a QUICK little, extremely light, rally car. I'm not sure you could tune it to get gold, but that car is WAY overlooked. I'm going to vote for it in the next "car challenge" if we ever have another one. That car is an online creeper waiting to be tuned. . . . .

I have read this and read this and read this again. I have tried reading it backwards. I have yet to accomplish understanding this at all, bro.
Did you mean to say, "Camber + snow/dirt = Bad" ??
I'm not trying to make fun, lol, just having a laugh. :)
I apologize, lol.

Thank you for the Tune for the snow. I am stuck on bronze-trophy right now, and have been experimenting tuning my 4 rally cars to make up that time. My best time is currently .300 away from silver.

ALSO, because I was being silly, I spent 50k on the Gordini, lol. I just wanted to see what I could get it to do.
My first run on it I was 1/2 a second below bronze trophy in it, lol.(I maxed its power and altered settings just a tiny bit)
That little blue box is a QUICK little, extremely light, rally car. I'm not sure you could tune it to get gold, but that car is WAY overlooked. I'm going to vote for it in the next "car challenge" if we ever have another one. That car is an online creeper waiting to be tuned. . . . .
That one should get gold fairly easily, I'm on a low 2:13 at the moment but I've had faster laps red flagged 👍

Citroen C4 WRC '08 byDemonchilde

This is my first 'official' rally tune. I made it for the dirt-rally expert seasonal.
Make sure you read the tuning instructions carefully, everything must be exact.
But I would LOVE some of you who are experienced at rally tuning to try her out and give me some feedback. I would appreciate it, "constructive" criticism would be awesome :)
Thank you in advance :)

EDIT;
I just realized I requested people to go spend 850k, lol. Don't do that. IF you already have it, or have tons of cash to throw away, THEN, please, give my tune a try and let me know lol.
I would hate to see someone blow the cash and end up not liking it.

Last edited:
For snow try high (-) negative front toe and high (+) positive rear toe, little trick I took from an alien, does wonders for stability. :cheers:

I have been still working on my dirt tune, but everything I try doesn't seem to beat what I already have for settings.
I want this to be elite though, I know theres got to be some way to burn a second or two.....

Back