The Drag Racer's Resource Thread!

• Thread starter Slash
  • 56 comments
No problemo, although it did kinda sting a little to see my garage (BMP) listed as base tunes. Those were my actual tunes I used, and pretty decent ones if I do say so myself lol. But awesome job regardless. Very organised and helpful info! 👍👍

Go Falcons!!!!

Ah crap I wasn't sure. I thought they had a mix of both. No matter thanks for letting me know, as I will now put them in the High End tunes slot. 👍

Thanks again dude.

Also, update to the OP. A contents system has now been implemented, allowing you to jump to certain sections of the post and minimize scrolling.

I will be removing the ugly blue text for titles and replacing them with images soon.

Thanks tron! Took me a while to put it together and I'm still editing it haha.

Updated the OP, titles have been updated to images. FAQ coming soon.

EDIT:

Added Team Hanglow to the OP.
Reworded a sentence in the General Rules paragraph.
Added a link to the Marketplace for cars, and 2 search links.
Added a link to vote for a proper drag strip.
Added a link to GT Planet's Acceptable Use Policy.

It seems there is a problem with the Jump To link for General Rules. On Internet Explorer, it just links you to the top of the thread while all other Jump To links work perfectly fine. No big deal but the best remedy is to upgrade your Browser to something better.

I'm considering adding in a proper drag racing online etiquette section.

Last edited:
It seems there is a problem with the Jump To link for General Rules. On Internet Explorer, it just links you to the top of the thread while all other Jump To links work perfectly fine. No big deal but the best rememdy is to upgrade your Browser to something better.

It works fine on my ps3 browser. :D

I'm considering adding in a proper drag racing online etiquette section.

I think that would be great! 👍

I like the new titles, but I think it'll all look better in the centre of the screen.

cgg
I like the new titles, but I think it'll all look better in the centre of the screen.

The width of the images would make the screen go out of proportion if I centered it. And I don't like the way links look if they are center. Otherwise I would have done it.

That's what I'm saying. The thread titles are images and the width would put the page out of proportion.

@Kenny

I'm not sure when I'll include it but it's definitely something I'm interested in including.

Matt is not banned so he could update it. But if you want to take over that's fine. Be warned there are hundreds of threads.

Rather larger update coming soon, including the FAQ Part 1.

Sorry for the delay, the FAQ part one has been posted and links included will be posted when such threads are existant. Part 2 will be posted eventually along with a nicer layout, and a more user friendly image.

Read a post in another thread so a bump so it doesn't get forgotten.

Thanks for the bump, I've been kind of neglecting it lately. Need to update a few things 👍

I have read the stickies (although some of their authors state they're out of date) and have a general gist on 1/4 mile drag tuning, but muscle cars have some funky settings to them, I cannot seem to keep them in the power range with transmission set-ups and the weight distribution plays funny with any suspension setting i attempt.

Are there any specific guides to tuning this group of cars?
Thanks.

Generally with muscle cars if the car is front heavy say 55/45 distribution make the front soft and rear stiff but your best bet is to test at route x

I have read the stickies (although some of their authors state they're out of date) and have a general gist on 1/4 mile drag tuning, but muscle cars have some funky settings to them, I cannot seem to keep them in the power range with transmission set-ups and the weight distribution plays funny with any suspension setting i attempt.

Are there any specific guides to tuning this group of cars?
Thanks.

Jspec is correct. Most of the tricks with muscle tuning is long gears, while staying short if that makes sense.

Back