The Dream Alliance: Chapter 4; Page 23 - A New Road Ahead

Philippines
Manila, PH
TakuKanonji22
Chapter 1 - Ghost From the Past

This chapter marks the beginning of The Dream Alliance's conquest for glory. Also, a mysterious character haunts Nobuhiko. Who is that person? And what are his intentions?​

Page 1 - The Phantom Supra

It's a hot summer June in Japan. Temperatures rise up to 37 degrees Celsius. But in an auditorium in a high school, people inside are just comfortable as it is fully-air conditioned. It's a graduation day; and Nobuhiko's friends named Kasumi and Daisuke are about to graduate from high school. As the ceremony continues, Nobuhiko manages to enter the auditorium to see his batchmates. People are applauding upon entering. Nobuhiko smiles as he sees his batchmates on the stage as they throw their hats.

After the ceremony, Kasumi catches up with Nobuhiko and gives him a hug.

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun! I missed you so much! So, how's your racing?"

Nobuhiko: "I just joined in a racing team. Well, I'm here just to take a short break."

Then Daisuke approaches and gives a strong tap on Nobuhiko's back.

Daisuke: "Yo, Nobu! How's it been? I've heard you're racing with a big time racing team!:

Nobuhiko: "Eh?"

Daisuke: "You're working with THE Kanonji Twins. Everyone would kill just to work with them."

Nobuhiko: "Ahahaha... yes."

Kasumi: "Hmmmm... I wonder how long Nobu-kun will stay here?"

Nobuhiko: "Beats me."

Then Kasumi enters in her family sedan after their talk and she bids farewell to the two.

Daisuke: "So, how's your Supra?"

Nobuhiko: "Fresh as a daisy."

Daisuke: "Let's have a ride, for old time's sake. It's been a while since we haven't done that. And you'll be driving this time, of course."

Nobuhiko: "I suppose I should treat the newly graduated slowpoke today, huh? Oh well, it's your day."

At the evening, the boys are at Route 5.

8112550761_3b25c7bbff_c.jpg

Daisuke: "So, how's you and Kasumi?"

Nobuhiko: "Huh? Hey, we're just friends..."

Daisuke: "Damn, I thought both of you are an item."

8112550377_676d450f88_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "We've already talked about it even before I left. She understood and accepted it."

Daisuke: "Man, you are cold... Can't you just at least try to return her feelings?"

8112558650_6977ee6994_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I like her, all right. But I can't make it work."

Daisuke: "Man, you're hopeless."

In the tunnel, they encounter another Toyota Supra, obviously souped-up.

Daisuke: "Hey, what are the chances? And look, it dons the same color scheme as this car."

8112558092_8bb1db1a08_c.jpg

They simply overtake it. However...

8112557002_382ceb9e08_c.jpg

...it flashes its high beams repeatedly.

Daisuke: "Hey, I think it's challenging us to a duel."

Nobuhiko: "This is a public road."

But the Supra behind them suddenly roared a very loud exhaust note as it comes at them at high speed. Nobuhiko reflexively shifts to first gear.

Nobuhiko: "If it's a fight you want, you shall have it! Let's go!"

8112556458_24c36f02aa_c.jpg

The two Supras start to race their way throughout the highway.

8112555646_4f50a126f5_c.jpg

The mysterious Supra is hot on Nobuhiko's Supra's tail at the straight.

8112555202_580334577d_c.jpg

Daisuke: "Some fast car you got there, dude."

And then it suddenly attempts to overtake Nobuhiko.

8112544599_337a451410_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Sorry, I am a jerk when at the lead. I let no one pass."

However, at the next corner, the opponent hits Nobuhiko's Supra's rear end.

8112544171_ec7d881bc8_c.jpg

Daisuke: "Whoa!"

Nobuhiko: "What the f..."

8112543821_6a09db550d_c.jpg

The mysterious opponent easily overtakes them. Nobuhiko instantly recognizes the high-pitched exhaust note of his opponent's car. It sounds different from his car.

8112543179_7a6891b048_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "That's a..."

8112542863_9f9ff0c8af_c.jpg

Daisuke: "What is it?"

Nobuhiko: "That exhaust sound. It's a..."

8112551672_3255a5634d_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "...2JZ-GTE engine!!!"

Daisuke: "Come to think of it, it does sound similar to a heavily-tuned 2JZ-GTE motor."

8112541937_d1f0ff00e7_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I can't see it! It's definitely fast!"

The opponent Supra demonstrates the mighty 2JZ-GTE's power at the straightaway.

8112541483_c31d3dac81_c.jpg

Daisuke: "Unreal... just unreal!"

End of Page 1

Page 2 - A Surprise Visitor

Nobuhiko and Daisuke stop by at a nearby convenience store. They grab cans of soda. Daisuke is drinking his, but Nobuhiko hasn't even bothered opening his can of soda.

Daisuke: "Hey, you aren't drinking."

Nobuhiko: "I can't believe it. That Supra is fast as hell."

Daisuke: "Of course! Not only it has a purposeful wide body kit, it also has a monster engine under the hood."

Nobuhiko: "It's not the case... It's the driver."

Daisuke: "Eh?"

Nobuhiko: "Managing a Supra with monstrous power takes a lot of skill. Even I feel like riding on a rodeo in my Supra. That opponent drove his like it's a walk in the park."

Daisuke: "Then I'm sure he has thorough knowledge of the Supra. Well, yours has a different engine for better weight distribution."

Nobuhiko: "That's true."

Daisuke: "Well, if I were you, I'd get back to that mysterious Supra and have a rematch."

Nobuhiko: "Though for me, it's a learning experience. I learned something tonight."

==========================================================

The next day, Kasumi takes a stroll at the park. She greets an elderly couple who are sitting on a bench. Then she is surprised upon seeing Nobuhiko.

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun!?"

Nobuhiko: "Hey, are you free today?"

Kasumi: "I'm a bum for now. So, shall we go?"

Nobuhiko: "All right then."

The two get in Nobuhiko's Supra.

Kasumi: "Wow..."

Nobuhiko: "Let's go."

He helps Kasumi in strapping the 5-point harness for her. The woman just blushes.

Nobuhiko: "There you go. Sorry, it would be a hard ride."

And then they are on the way to the highway.

8116036404_33699a7017_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "You should look for a job now, you know? Finding one today is difficult."

8116025815_844cb51708_c.jpg

Kasumi: "That's what I'm doing. In fact, I passed some resumes already."

Nobuhiko: "I see."

Kasumi: "Anyway, where are we going?"

Nobuhiko: "To my practice session in Motegi."

Kasumi: "That would be great. I want to see you running again, Nobu-kun..."

Upon arriving at the track, the two meet up with the rest of Nobuhiko's team. Ricky, Takanori and Takuma approach the two.

Takanori: "Good day! Oh, hi there, miss."

Kasumi: "Good day, my name is Kasumi Aoki. Nice to meet you."

Nobuhiko: "I guess I shall start my practice run, then. See ya."

Nobuhiko and Kasumi get back in the car and then Nobuhiko starts the practice.

8116028441_bfdb2b23d3_c.jpg

Kasumi: ("As expected, he is really amazing! I missed those quick and precise arm and foot movements!")

8116037916_3041e7bab8_c.jpg

8116037406_870f49a369_c.jpg

Kasumi: ("I'm glad he's back, even if he'll be here for a while...")

At the pits, Ricky, Takanori and Takuma are just talking about Nobuhiko.

Ricky: "Do you think that girl is his girlfriend?"

Takuma: "What do you think?"

Ricky: "She could be..."

Takanori: "Man, I cannot forget the day that he defeated me."

Takuma: "Your wide, open mouth is the cause of your defeat, that's why."

Takanori: "Aniki, try racing him. He's that tough."

Takuma: "Whatever, crybaby. You should be practicing too."

Meanwhile, in the hills at Ibaraki Prefecture, the mysterious 2JZ powered Supra once again tears up.

8116040136_ba92b3ea19_c.jpg

Two bystanders witness its sheer speed.

Bystander: "Whoa... I finally get to see Nobuhiko Hiramoto's Supra in action!"

Bystander 2: "Dummy, it's not! I am a big fan of Nobuhiko-sama, and what just passed by is not his car!"

Bystander: "But it sports the Castrol livery, right?"

Bystander 2: "Yes, but what we saw has a different pattern. And, who could that be?"

8116039538_cde5eccf00_c.jpg

8116038768_e1a49ff508_c.jpg

At the evening, Nobuhiko's mother, Kyoko waits for her son to arrive home as she had prepared dinner.

Kyoko: "He should be here. He told me that he'll eat supper here! I cooked Sukiyaki for him..."

She hears a doorbell ring. She takes off her apron and puts it on a chair and then she fixes her hair.

Kyoko: "Oh, that's him!"

Upon opening the door, however, Kyoko drops her jaw in shock upon seeing the visitor...

End of Page 2

Page 3 - Attendance Check

At around 8:30 in the evening, Nobuhiko arrives home. Upon entering, he sees his mother just watching TV.

Nobuhiko: "Tadaima."

Kyoko: "Okaerinasai."

Nobuhiko: "You shouldn't have waited for me."

Kyoko: "It's important to eat together, you know? And besides, the sukiyaki is still fine. Come, let's eat."

The two are at a dinner table and start to eat.

Kyoko: "So, how's your day?"

Nobuhiko: "It's nice. I took Kasumi to my practice session and then we hanged out for the rest of the day."

Kyoko: "That's nice. What's her job?"

Nobuhiko: "Nah. She is still looking for one, and she enjoys having a break."

Kyoko: "I see. Well, are you two dating?"

Nobuhiko: "Mom... I already told you before."

Kyoko: "I know, I know. But you should find a better half, you know?"

Nobuhiko: "But, I have a dream to fulfill. My father's dream..."

Kyoko: "What about you? What's your dream?"

Nobuhiko: "Following Dad's footsteps..."

Kyoko: "I see... There's no stopping you, huh?"

Nobuhiko: "Why? Is something wrong with it?"

Kyoko: "Nothing..."

The next day, at Tsukuba Circuit, the track is closed to the public as there is a racing team that rented the track for the whole day.

At first, a white Chevrolet Corvette Z06 tears up with its 507 HP V8 engine with its chassis set up for Nurburgring.

8119022103_5fc5785fc7_c.jpg

Then a nimble, red Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR sticks to the corners like a bubblegum.

8119033720_d57f55b3cf_c.jpg

And then a classic, but very powerful green Jaguar XJ13 Race Car shows off a drift.

8119021459_e78166d1a9_c.jpg

After a few more laps, the three cars head to the pits to cool down. The three drivers enter in a room. The Corvette's owner, a half-Japanese, half-American woman named Gina Matsuri opens the aircon and closes the door as soon as everyone is inside. The Evo's driver named Romeo Castillo from Spain is just playing with the apps in his smartphone and then the XJ13's driver is a British racer named James Tyson who is eagerly waiting for something to happen.

James: "Is he coming?"

Romeo: "I sent him an SMS. He's just around the corner, he said."

Gina: "Is he hot, Romeo?"

James: "Forget it, Gina. That man is in his 50s."

Gina: "Ugh... way out of my standards."

Romeo: "Why don't we just go out together, then?"

Gina: "You're too wild for my taste, pretty boy. Anta wa muri da ne."

Romeo: "You're still on with that Takanori guy? I'll prove it to you that I'm better than him."

James: "Would you please just stop bickering?"

Just as the conversation heats up, the member whom they're waiting for has arrived; doing some practice as well.

8119032998_98de61ebbc_c.jpg

8119020779_a34a7d1130_c.jpg

8119020377_10a11dd0f8_c.jpg

8119019653_fbfefb8ea4_c.jpg

Romeo: "I'm hearing a loud exhaust sound. That could be him."

8119019249_ec4c2e47c5_c.jpg

Gina: "That old geezer?"

And then that Supra stops at the pit lane. The driver enters the room. Gina and Romeo are bewildered upon the sight of that new member.

8119034334_a5905e39f1.jpg

James: "Gina, Romeo, let us give a proper welcome to our new member."

Romeo: "What's your name, man?"

"I am... Hiroyuki Hiramoto. I'm pleased to meet you."

Hiroyuki bows before them as sign of courtesy.

Gina: "Hiroyuki Hiramoto? Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

Hiroyuki: "The reason behind it is a secret. It's not important for you, anyway."

Romeo: "Hiramoto? Then who is Nobuhiko Hiramoto to you? Are you related? I assume that you are, since you wear the same race suit and helmet as him."

Hiroyuki: "Definitely. He is my beloved son... I'm happy that I had an encounter with him the other night. Though he hasn't known yet that I'm still alive."

End of Page 3

Last edited:
Nobuhiko: "It's nice. I took Kyoko to my practice session and then we hanged out for the rest of the day."

Page 4 - Supercar Festival

Gina: "All right then, I guess you wanna psyche out your son, I suppose."

Hiroyuki: "It's more than just that."

James: "Anyway, we have been invited to a racing event in Fuji Speedway; that's why we're all here in Japan. And also to welcome Hiroyuki as the new member of our team named The Top Gun."

Romeo: "Ugh... can't you think of a cooler name?"

Gina: "Well, you do it."

James: "Enough is enough, chaps. Hiroyuki-san, you very well know that this team is feared in the world of motorsports. You think you can live up to your reputation and make our team proud?"

Hiroyuki: "Hmph... You gotta think back as to why you hired me. Then that's the answer to your question."

James: "Right..."

Romeo: "I'll send those twins back to their Mochi shop... I'll make sure of it."

Gina just shows a giggle.

At evening in Tokyo, the Dream Alliance are touring around the city for Ricky's benefit. Ricky is already amazed at they city's vibrant energy and its citizens.

Ricky: "I think I wanna live here."

Takanori: "Well, you would love it here!"

Takuma: "But then, it's hard to find a place to live here. Tokyo is not a good place to find homes; that's why more people are living in the outskirts."

Ricky: "I see... But still, Japan is such a nice place!"

Nobuhiko is just silent, looking around as they walk.

Ricky: "Yo, Nobu-san! You okay? You haven't said a word the whole day."

Nobuhiko: "Well.... ummm..."

Takanori: "He still has trouble speaking in English."

Ricky: "Hey, I can teach you. Don't worry."

Nobuhiko: "I... I'm fine."

Then they have stopped by at Nobuhiko's house. Ricky suddenly notices a piece of paper at the doorstep and he picks it up to put it in his pocket. They exchanged greetings and Kyoko lets them in. They are at the dining area waiting for the food to be served.

Takanori: "Nobuhiko's mother cooks great food, you know?"

Ricky: "I see."

Then he takes out that piece of paper. He reads the contents:

スーパーカー祭にあなたを見たい。富士スピードウェイで会いましょう。

Ricky: "I just picked this up in your doorstep. I can't understand it. And it's from an unknown sender."

Takanori takes the paper and reads it.

Takanori: "I want to see you in the Supercar Festival. Let's meet at The Fuji Speedway. That's what it says. Hmmmm.... I think this is for you, Nobuhiko."

Nobuhiko: "Eh???"

Takuma: "According to the internet here in my smartphone, there really is. We better join."

Takanori: "Aniki, when is it?"

Takuma quickly browses for the date.

Takuma: "It will be 2 weeks from now."

Takanori: "Don't worry, Kaido-san works fast."

The next day, Nobuhiko is awakened by an incoming call from Kaido. He picks his phone as he scratches his head.

Nobuhiko: "Hello? Why call so early?"

Kaido: "Well, this is a good wake-up call. I am finished tuning your F40. I haven't had sleep."

Nobuhiko: "Sorry, Kaido-san... for that trouble."

Kaido: "No worries. I am still awake from excitement. Now, can you come over here."

Nobuhiko: "Understood."

Upon arriving at Kaido's shop, Nobuhiko hears a very loud high-pitched exhaust note. He enters the garage and he sees Kaido revving the heavily-tuned F40. Kaido steps out of the car upon seeing Nobuhiko.

Kaido: "So, this is it. Your monster F40."

Nobuhiko: "Monster???"

Kaido: "It has 690 HP now. Perfect for the upcoming Supercar Festival."

Nobuhiko: "All right then, let's head to Fuji Speedway right now."

Upon arriving at the track, Nobuhiko immediately puts the car to the test. The F40 hits 320 km/h at the main straight. Nobuhiko puts up a grin on his face.

8124391031_0116e1531b_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Amazing... Amazing!"

8124390877_22308f3a63_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "This turns sharper now."

Kaido: "The suspension is taken from the F40 LM race car. Though we're still running on sport tires."

Nobuhiko: "I see. Well, the event is strictly requiring us to use only those tires."

Then Nobuhiko once again puts the F40 to a drift.

8124390683_ba4559abde_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "It's much easier to swing its tail. I love it!"

8124408538_d3451a5166_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I won't lose to a modern supercar with this thing! Come get some!"

End of Page 4

Page 5 -The Real Reason

It's a busy Wednesday afternoon, but Hiroyuki decides to take a break and stroll around in Shibuya. He thinks about on the letter he left on Nobuhiko's home the other night.

Hiroyuki: "I hope Nobuhiko manages to read it..."

He stops by at a spring roll store and purchases a piece for himself. As he came out from the store, he suddenly bumps into Gina.

Gina: "Oh it's you. You like spring rolls?"

Hiroyuki: "My son loves it."

The two take a stroll together.

Gina: "You're mysterious. Care to tell a story, Grandpa?"

Hiroyuki: "Since you are a member, you deserve to know."

Gina: "Okay, we have an ocean of time."

Hiroyuki: "That death by heart attack was nothing but a mere facade. There's a real reason why I left my wife and my son..."

Gina: "Then what is it?"

Hiroyuki: "My wife and I filed a divorce..."

Gina: "Oh dear."

Hiroyuki: "We don't want Nobuhiko to see us fighting, and whenever he catches us in the act, we simply tell him that we were stars of a role play. But in truth, we could not really work out our marriage."

Gina: "No child would want to see his parents fight."

Hiroyuki: "We had the last straw, so we headed to the court without my son knowing. I agreed to put Nobuhiko under my wife's custody just as long as I get to go near him. But I haven't been able to do that ever since..."

Gina: " Why?"

Hiroyuki: "Because I can't stand myself to lie in front of my son. That's why I arranged my supposed death."

Gina: "What if he finds out that you are living?"

Hiroyuki: "Then I have no choice but to talk to him.... He deserves to know. I can't let someone be blinded by lies, either."

Gina: "You are such a loving father, aren't you? I wish my Dad is like that."

Hiroyuki: "Hmmmm?"

Gina: "My father was an American soldier used to be based here. Now, he's in duty once again, this time in the Middle East. Before he left, he's overprotective especially when I was in teens. I rebelled against him and even left home to stay with my grandparents on my mother's side. I returned home once he left."

The two continue their chat as they stroll along Shibuya's busy streets.

Nearby Nobuhiko's home, Nobuhiko is in a karate dojo. He dons his white robe and his black belt. Minutes later, Takanori also enters and he is surprised to see Nobuhiko.

Takanori: "You're a practitioner too?"

Nobuhiko: "Yep. I started taking up Karate when I was 15, and I'm attending sessions every weekend."

Takanori: "That explains that black belt you got there."

Nobuhiko: "Ready?"

Takanori: "Whoa... Okay."

The two are on their fighting stances. Then Takanori makes the first move as he rushes and delivers punch to Nobuhiko. Nobuhiko catches Takanori's right arm, but Takanori delivers a kick that Nobuhiko easily evaded.

Takanori: "Man..."

Amid the sparring, Ricky enters the dojo and witnesses it.

Ricky: "Whew, there you are. Wait, you're doing Karate too?"

Takanori: "Huh?"

Seeing that opening, Nobuhiko delivers a high kick, with his feet hitting Takanori's chin. Takanori is sent to the air.

Ricky: "Whoa!"

Takanori lands with a thud while Nobuhiko switches back to his fighting stance.

Takanori: "Owwwww!!!"

Nobuhiko: "Just like in racing, don't let your guard down for a second."

Ricky: "That gotta hurt, dude!"

Takanori springs back and prepares himself once more.

Takanori: "Kakatte koi yo! Hajimeru ze!"

At evening, Hiroyuki returns to his small home in Shinagawa. He goes to his garage and enters in his silver McLaren F1. He starts up the car and revs the 6.1 liter BMW-sourced V12 engine.

He heads to Route 5 and unleashes the car's potential.

8126365236_a3365a1331_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Apparently, Kaido tuned my F40 for Nobuhiko. This will be a perfect match..."

8126339045_d5587f1f5d_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "My beloved son, you think you can beat this legendary machine? After all, both of our cars are legends."

8126364972_945840a22b_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Even supercars of today can't match this car! Such a shame..."

After a few laps around the highway loop, he exits the expressway and heads over to Nobuhiko's house. He stops just steps away from the house and gets out of this car.

8126364872_daeb99a3e7_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I'm ready, Nobuhiko. Come at me!"

End of Page 5

Page 6 - Hiramoto Duel

A day before the Supercar Festival race in Fuji Speedway, Nobuhiko heads to a newly-opened bakeshop in Akihabara. Upon entering, he is surprised to see Kasumi being one of the employees of the said shop.

Kasumi: "Welcome, Nobu-kun! It's such a great day seeing you again!"

Nobuhiko: "Kasumi, so you work here now, huh?"

Kasumi: "Yes. I'm happy that I finally landed in a job."

Nobuhiko: "Congrats. Hmmmm.... I want to have that."

Nobuhiko points at a bun with a cream cheese on top. The cream cheese is a smiling face.

Kasumi: "Coming right up."

She gets a pair of tongs and takes the bun to be put in a small box.

Kasumi: "So, what have you been up to?"

Nobuhiko: "Oh. Ummmm... I have a race tomorrow."

Kasumi: "As much as I love to go, but I have work tomorrow. I'm sorry..."

Nobuhiko: "No worries! It will be aired by evening."

Kasumi: "Hmmmm.... what brings you here, anyway?"

Nobuhiko: "Oh, I just came from the hospital to have myself checked up and then I saw this shop."

Kasumi: "I see. Well, at least you're healthy."

After purchasing, Nobuhiko takes the box.

Nobuhiko: "Thank you, Kasumi. Oh, can we meet up before I leave the country?"

Kasumi: "When?"

Nobuhiko: "Hmmmm... the weekend after the race. We'll see each other before I head to the airport."

Kasumi: "Okay then."

Nobuhiko: "Well then, I must be off. See ya."

Kasumi: "Thank you very much!"

And so the next day, the Supercar Festival goes underway in Fuji Speedway. A lot of teams set up their cars for the race. The Dream Alliance is present, with Nobuhiko's F40 to represent them.

Ricky: "Woah, sweet ride!"

Takanori: "I can't believe that Nobuhiko owns one of these."

Nobuhiko: "It's my father's car, actually. Kaido-san tuned it to the max."

Takuma: "690 horsepower, you said? That's challenging for a car with no aids at all."

Nobuhiko: "There's nothing I can't handle, Takuma-san."

Then the team's chief mechanic named Axel Eisenberg Kanonji finished working on the car and approaches them.

Axel: "All done!"

Takanori: "Thanks, Axel onii-san!"

Axel: "I'm sure Nobuhiko will fly with this. No one has the guts to tune an F40..."

Nobuhiko: "That's Kaido-san for you."

At the far end of the pit lane, The Top Gun has also finished setting up Hiroyuki's McLaren F1.

James: "She's all set."

Romeo: "What's your strategy, old man?"

Hiroyuki: "Washi wa Hiramoto no chikara wo misete yaru..."

Romeo: "Er, what?"

Gina: "He says that he'll show the power of Hiramoto. Just watch and learn, Romeo. It'll be fun to see the father and son reunite with a duel."

And then the race begins with a rolling start. The monstrous F40 quickly overtakes the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish.

8130522007_b8fe810e40_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Taste this F40's sheer power, James Bond."

8130548142_0ff09385b7_c.jpg

The F40 rises up to the ranks thanks to its newfound power. Hiroyuki is impressed to see his son on his tail.

8130547916_bc6304ca50_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Oh, how I miss my F40. Take care of her, okay?"

8130547674_d161d8218a_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "A McLaren F1... This will be tough."

And indeed it is, the F1 displayed blistering speeds at the main straight at 320 km/h.

8130547448_52bee42798_c.jpg

However, Nobuhiko manages to overtake his father at the first corner, and shows off a drift.

8130520927_17e52dd192_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Is that all? How pathetic..."

Hiroyuki: "Is that how kids drive nowadays? Don't be a showoff. You have yet to witness my skill. Let's play together, my son... just like when you were 5."

8130547008_0526deb0ed_c.jpg

At the pits, Takanori is happy to learn that Nobuhiko is in the lead.

Takanori: "Wow! I'm happy to have Nobuhiko in our team!"

Takuma: "Impressive... But the McLaren F1 is no slouch, either."

8130546826_5550c82dbb_c.jpg

Nobuhiko feathers the throttle as the F40 oversteers thanks to its high power.

Nobuhiko: "Didn't mean that. Tuned cars are cranky..."

8130520263_d58707be45_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "It seems that you're struggling. I think you don't belong to my beloved F40..."

8130520003_9e6bfec1c5_c.jpg

Nobuhiko is alarmed upon seeing the F1 still hot on his car's tail.

Nobuhiko: "That McLaren is similar to this F40! It also has no driver aids. You're such an amazing driver behind the wheel."

At the main straight, the two cars are at equal speed. They are also very far away from the other opponents.

8130519753_485f16a203_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Playtime's over, son. I shall show you why you idolize me! Get ready!"

End of Page 6

There will be a slight delay as I am currently in Thailand for vacation. I might post:

Page 7 - Misfortune

on Sunday evening upon my arrival.

Page 7 - Misfortune

The crowd holds on to their seats as they witness the father and son battle it our for the win. Takanori and Takuma are impressed by the McLaren F1's abilities.

Takuma: "As expected from the McLaren F1. But the driver has to be skilled to make it run properly."

Takanori: "Indeed. With a carbon fiber aerodynamic body with a powerful normally-aspirated V12 engine without any driver aids to manage that car, the driver has to have the skill to match it..."

Takuma: "Nobuhiko is having a hard time, not only with his opponent, but also in his own car..."

Takanori: "Man... I can feel his struggle right now. But I know you can do it, right Nobuhiko? You have beaten me..."

8130519571_e21469dc38_c.jpg

Back in the duel, the two supercars are on equal footing. The father and son keep their cars in control as they have no driver aids at all. But both cars are now very far away from their opponents.

8130519313_f3d07eb91e_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Wow... I gotta give it to you, man. You earn my respect, whoever you are."

8130545626_f0407d221c_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Is that all, my beloved Nobuhiko?

His son manages to pass him at the next corner.

8130518969_d9ea010dfb_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Impressive... for a car with no aids, you have the skill control that heavily-tuned monster."

Then starting another lap, the two cars blaze through the long straight at speeds exceeding 300 km/h. The crowds go wild and some even take pictures of the two legendary cars. It's like a moment that can't be missed.

8130518775_60de2d68db_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Okay then, time to make my move!"

8130545006_87bc0df71c_c.jpg

Nobuhiko is surprised to see that his opponent passed him quickly. Even in the corners, he can't keep up.

Nobuhiko: "Don't tell me..."

Due to his struggle to keep up, the F40's front right suspension arm suddenly broke down.

8130544826_26d0a771a1_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "What the ****!? Damn!"

Seeing that his F40 is limping down, Hiroyuki just shakes his head.

Hiroyuki: "Oh well, it seems that you still can't. I'm not yet satisfied. But we can have a rematch if you want...

8159215115_f36f9c58b3_c.jpg

...and I'm very eager to talk to you."

Nobuhiko talks over the radio.

Nobuhiko: "Takanori-san, I'm gonna retire. The F40's suspension broke down."

Takanori: "Got it."

Upon arriving at the pits, Nobuhiko takes off his helmet and heads in to the garage to rest. Upon sitting down, he hyperventilates. Axel checks the damages.

Takanori: "You okay, Nobuhiko?"

Nobuhiko: "I'm fine. Though it's such a fun race."

Takanori: "Don't worry, we'll get back up in no time."

He shows a thumbs up to Nobuhiko.

The next day, Nobuhiko is in Tokyo strolling around, but he is actually waiting for Daisuke to come out from a building. When his friend came out, the two head over to the restaurant just across the street.

Daisuke: "Hey, I heard your loss yesterday."

Nobuhiko: "It's unfortunate. But the race was fun."

Daisuke: "I hope your team will be on its feet soon. You know The Top Gun?"

Nobuhiko: "The Top Gun?"

Daisuke: "That racing team is very well-known across the world. Their drivers are specialized in in each of their race types."

Nobuhiko: "I see. But you know, there is a reason why I want to talk to you now."

Daisuke: "What is it?"

Nobuhiko: "I am going to die..."

Daisuke, in shock, dropped his glass on the table. Its contents spilled across the table.

End of Page 7

Page 8 - Take Care of Her...

Daisuke briefly notices that he had spilled his drink, but he looks at Nobuhiko again with shock.

Daisuke: "Se... Seriously!?"

Nobuhiko: "I am your best friend, and I never lied nor spilled a bad joke to you. This is real. I'm going to vanish from this world soon enough..."

Daisuke: "Nobu..."

Nobuhiko: "I am in Stage 4 of my Pancreatic Cancer. I have been telling no one about it, even to my Mom. I have been fighting it for over a year."

Daisuke: "Why are saying things like this?"

Nobuhiko: "I have already fulfilled my father's dream. I reached this far. So it's just for me to accept my fate. I have nothing more to ask for."

Daisuke: "How about Kasumi?"

Nobuhiko: "The day before the race, I passed by at a hospital regarding my condition, and then I saw that she is working in a bakeshop just nearby. I haven't told her about it, either; but I don't want to make her worry so much. I'll die as if I'm just an autumn leaf carried away by the wind."

Daisuke: "Are you a fool!? You can't just do that to her! She's your friend! You have to spend your last moments with her!"

Nobuhiko: "You're right, but she'll never know a thing or two about what I'm going through right now."

Daisuke: "Yes, but your death will let her know eventually. Remember, you are popular. You can't do anything off the radar now."

Nobuhiko: "I see... Anyways, I'm heading out to Europe for another race. Guess I'll fight this condition for now. I don't want to make the team worry about me, either."

The next day, Kasumi is in the bakeshop, but she's not in her uniform since it's her day off. After mingling with her co-workers, she heads out from the shop. She is surprised to see Nobuhiko outside, showing her a smile; and with a picnic basket on his left hand.

Nobuhiko: "Is it your day-off?"

Kasumi: "Yes. Why?"

Nobuhiko: "Are you free for today? Going somewhere?"

Kasumi: "I'm thinking of window shopping alone, but since you're here, let's have a picnic!"

They head to the same park in Akihabara where they had their first picnic. Nobuhiko lays the basket and then the two sit on the grass. Kasumi opens the basket and she is surprised to see onigiris and sushi rolls inside.

Kasumi: "Wow! Hey, I thought you don't cook."

Nobuhiko: "This time, I did prepare all of those myself."

Kasumi: "I see. Well, at least it's glad to hear you're opening up, somehow. Now I got to know more about you!"

Nobuhiko: "Tomorrow, I'm heading to Europe for another race. Well, I can't leave my friends without making them happy. Once again, I'll make this day special for you."

Meanwhile, in Twin Ring Motegi East Course...

8169360197_e26896c9c3_c.jpg

8169359691_bf150e1284_c.jpg

A heavily-tuned bright green Lotus Elise 111R tears up the track.

8169387586_ef72357ea0_c.jpg

Thanks to its lightness, it accelerates and corners on par with supercars.

It even shows some oversteer at the corner exit.

8169387272_61f341f208_c.jpg

8169387010_7100220af2_c.jpg

Kaido: "Such a wonderful toy..."

At evening, Nobuhiko and Kasumi head over to a popular Ramen restaurant in Asakusa. The two made their orders and just wait for them to arrive.

Kasumi: "Nobu-kun, where will you go in Europe?"

Nobuhiko: "Well, various places. Actually, my teammates are already there making preparations."

Kasumi: "I see. Well, you can visit all of the countries there. Good luck to your race!"

Nobuhiko: "Thanks. I also wish you the best. I hope you live a prosperous life."

Kasumi just stirs the contents of the iced tea with the straw. She looks at him with a smile.

Kasumi: ("I will always think of you, Nobu-kun... wherever you go.")

Nobuhiko: "What's wrong?"

Kasumi: "Oh nothing. You're cute and handsome, you know?"

Nobuhiko: "Really? No girl have told me those before."

Kasumi: "It's because you were aloof then. You don't really talk much in school!"

Nobuhiko: "Yeah... I'm trying to open up to everyone. It seems it worked."

Kasumi: "Opening up is a good and healthy way of saying what you really feel. You cannot let your feelings build up inside you too much."

Nobuhiko: "Is that so?"

Then the ramens are now served. The two start to eat.

Nobuhiko: "Good ramen."

Kasumi: "I told you that it's good here."

Nobuhiko: "Then start telling your friends about this place. I, on the other hand, might not come back here."

Kasumi: "Why?"

Nobuhiko: "I'll be racing most of the time. Remember, I'm in a racing team."

Kasumi: "Oh, right."

Nobuhiko: ("Kasumi... farewell. If you can easily forget me because I can't return your feelings, then do it without hesitation.")

The next day, Daisuke takes Nobuhiko to the airport. Kasumi is also with them. The three go out of the SUV. The wind blows by, and then Kasumi hugs Nobuhiko.

Kasumi: "Good luck and have a safe trip."

Nobuhiko: "You too. I hope you do well even without me."

Daisuke: "Hey, make sure you keep in touch, okay? Don't keep us in the dark."

Nobuhiko: "I'll try. Oh, Kasumi, can Daisuke and I have a moment alone?"

Kasumi: "Sure."

As requested, she gets back in Daisuke's SUV.

Nobuhiko: "Well, this is it, buddy."

Daisuke: "Don't lose hope, man. You'll still live, I tell ya."

Nobuhiko: "That would be very unlikely. Anyway..."

He pats his hand on Daisuke's shoulder.

Nobuhiko: "Take care of her... If you make her cry, I'll haunt you for the rest of your life."

Daisuke: "Don't worry man, I will."

Nobuhiko then carries his luggage and enters the airport. A teary-eyed Daisuke waves his hand goodbye.

END OF CHAPTER 1

Chapter 2 - Ben's Children

Nobuhiko now faces his greatest challenge of his life fighting his disease as much as he can while seeking to beat his father who he still doesn't know that he's alive. Meanwhile, Takuma and Ricky get to know more about each other especially in the world of Rallying and Circuit racing.

Page 1 - Getting Ready... or Not

Nurburgring GP/D, 4 in the afternoon. It's rather silent. No audience nor racing teams in the pit garages except for one. The team in question is none other than The Dream Alliance and the team has the whole track for the day.

Axel is stretching his limbs as he stepped out from the van. He goes at the back of it to get a can of soda in the refrigerator in the van. He quietly enters the van as he sees Nobuhiko taking a rather long sleep ever since they arrived in the track.

Axel: "Man, what's up with this dude? Plus, I can't seem to speak to him in English nor straight Japanese. Damn, I still gotta brush up on my Nihongo then."

In the pit garage, Ricky and Takuma are discussing for the future of the team. But Ricky changes the subject as he starts to talk about Takanori who is doing some laps around the track with his white Mazda Eunos Roadster NA.

Ricky: "So, you're separated from birth?"

Takuma: "Indeed. A hospital fire broke out then, with my real parents thinking I was dead."

Ricky: "And that's how my father found you."

Takuma: "I hated Takanori back then simply because I was thinking that he was conceited and showered with all the love he got from my parents. But upon meeting him, I was wrong all along. He has this strange power to make people around him feel positive. Maybe because of his energetic and optimistic personality."

8171976374_fa4a4f443c_c.jpg

Ricky: "I see. I felt the same when I met him. He's so accommodating."

8171946401_740d4e5337_c.jpg

8171946225_16f40728ff_c.jpg

Takuma: "I think everyone would want to have a brother like Takanori. And I am blessed to have him on my side."

Takanori's Roadster crosses the finish line. It sets a lap time of 1 minute and 39.1 seconds using only sports tires. He goes back in the pits to take a break.

Takanori: "Whew, that was fun! I love this little scamp!"

Takuma: "A hairdresser on a track day? What's the world coming to?"

Takanori: "Say that again!"

While the bickering continues as usual, Nobuhiko in the van finally wakes up. Axel notices him.

Axel: "Oh, you're awake."

Nobuhiko looks at his watch. He scratches his head.

Nobuhiko: "Errr.... Naze ore wa itsumo osoku okiru da no? Axel-san, minna wa doko ni iru no?"

("Why do I always have to wake up late? Axel, where is everyone?")

Axel: "I have no idea what you're talking about, except that "minna wa doko ni iru no" part." They're at the pit garage. Dou desu ka?"

Nobuhiko: "Yoku nemutta yo."

("I slept well.")

Axel: "O... Okay. Well, I guess they're waiting for you. Minnasan wa matte imasu. Isoide kudasai."

Nobuhiko: "Ryoukai." ("Roger that")

Nobuhiko puts on his race suit and then carries his helmet upon getting out of the van. He meets up with the rest of team.

Nobuhiko: "Gomen, gomen... Ore wa osoku okita. Ricky-san, I am sorry."

("My apologies. I woke up late.")

Ricky: "Your English is getting better. Good job."

Nobuhiko looks at Takanori's Roadster.

Takanori: "Yattemiru no? Sore wa tanoshii da yo, Nobuhiko!"

("You wanna try? That car is fun, Nobuhiko!")

Nobuhiko: "Sore wo hashiritai da. Zettaini yattemiru."

("I want to run it. I'll definitely try it.")

Ricky: "Woah... woah. Don't worry, I'll learn your language pretty soon."

Then Nobuhiko sets out with the Roadster, equipped with a new set of sports tires. He had done one warm-up lap to prepare the tires.

8171946087_4da2cf5128_c.jpg

8171975608_7bfba74463_c.jpg

Takanori: "Wow, Nobuhiko is really on it, huh?"

Takuma: "He'll beat your lap time, I bet."

8171945609_abd2c63ddf_c.jpg

Ricky: "I think it would be fun to drive, especially that it's a modestly powered but light rear wheel drive car with handling prowess."

Takanori: "Indeed!"

8171945453_32fce28f61_c.jpg

Upon crossing the finish line, Nobuhiko sets a lap time of 1 minute and 38.8 seconds. Takanori hangs his head in shame.

Takanori: "I lost again..."

Takuma: "Serves you right, crybaby."

In the car, Nobuhiko concentrates further on his driving as he started another lap.

8171945239_9c3e678b0b_c.jpg

8171974682_b7d9d7282a_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "It really is fun. Heh... but I have something even more fun than this. You'll see it soon, Takanori-kun..."

However, just before approaching the second corner, Nobuhiko's stomach starts to ache badly. He puts the car off the track and stops. Then he gets out to vomit.

8171944659_277c9ac01b_c.jpg

Takanori: "Oh no... What's wrong?"

Ricky: "Why is Nobuhiko-san vomiting? He had done just a few laps. And he didn't eat anything at all while we're on the way here."

Takuma: "Something's amiss."

After vomiting, Nobuhiko hyperventilates.

Nobuhiko: "Hah... hah... hah... hah... I guess I have to endure this for now. I can't die yet. Not now..."

End of Page 1

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back