The Drifting Thread

• Thread starter SmokeySama
  • 13 comments
SmokeySama
SmokeySama
So I noticed (as I’m sure you all have) that there isn’t a drifting thread for GTS. This was huuuge in GT5/GT6, so I think it would be fitting for us to bring it back! Hoping to see a lot of the OG’s come back out! I know I’ve already seen some of the Star Drift guys as well as 09KRattlehead. Feel free to post car/steering settings, photos, and the community is always here to help with questions! Looking forward to some good clean tandem rooms! Remember, KEEP DRIFTING FUN

p.s. who else feels like CH’s are driving on ice now?

So I noticed (as I’m sure you all have) that there isn’t a drifting thread for GTS. This was huuuge in GT5/GT6, so I think it would be fitting for us to bring it back! Hoping to see a lot of the OG’s come back out! I know I’ve already seen some of the Star Drift guys as well as 09KRattlehead. Feel free to post car/steering settings, photos, and the community is always here to help with questions! Looking forward to some good clean tandem rooms! Remember, KEEP DRIFTING FUN

p.s. who else feels like CH’s are driving on ice now?
I have figured out how to use themy with out it feeling like ice. Make you suspension softer with you roll bars at 8

Yeah after the 2 different controller settings updates that’ve come out I finally have everything down packed. CH is feeling a lot more like it used to feel in GT6. Now if we could just get track and car DLC’s that’d be awesome

What cars do you use for drifting? I wish there were at least 1 or 2 pre 2009 street cars. Like an S13 or e36 or something... just 1... lol. Drifting new cars feels wrong.

It’s a shame there’s no drifting section as there were the seasonal Challenges previously, on GT6.
I’ve drifted on a few of the circuits but the only real challenge against others is the Driving School penultimate test; PD, what gives?!
In saying that, there appears to be a way to cheat the Driving School test as the number 1 rank is a rediculous score which suggests that there is still a way to beat the game rather than execute a good drift.
Ps. I’ve been using CS tyres.

It’s a shame there’s no drifting section as there were the seasonal Challenges previously, on GT6.
I’ve drifted on a few of the circuits but the only real challenge against others is the Driving School penultimate test; PD, what gives?!
In saying that, there appears to be a way to cheat the Driving School test as the number 1 rank is a rediculous score which suggests that there is still a way to beat the game rather than execute a good drift.
Ps. I’ve been using CS tyres.

CS for me too... in the tuned GT86.

Yeah, (hi Chris) I’ve been using that one too. There’s a distinct lack of the traditional drifting cars also,... hey PD, what gives?!

Last edited:
Any tips for a noob? I can't keep any drifts going. Either it snaps back to going forward or I spin completely and lose all points. Using DS4 and the car/tyre combo suggested in this thread.

Any tips for a noob? I can't keep any drifts going. Either it snaps back to going forward or I spin completely and lose all points. Using DS4 and the car/tyre combo suggested in this thread.

Set toe to 0.00 front & rear, and LSD decel to 5... they are the primary settings that cause the car to snap back violently when you try to transition.

Use the 'tuned' GT86 (the white one with a black hood), and start off with comfort soft tyres... it's pretty stable once you get it sideways, you can use pretty big throttle openings in high gears without it spinning, and it transitions smoothly with the settings above.

After that, it's more about your throttle control.

Thanks for the tips. The 86 on Suzuka East is great. I am an ok drifter on DS4 and I was getting 15 to 20k per attempt. I did switch to CM tires and bumped the power level to 2 though.

The Hellcat is a natural at drifting, bonestock, and on SH tires, I was regularly hitting 25k at Suzuka East. I'm still trying to get use to GTS's physics, when it comes to drifting.

ZCBstBW.jpg

It was much easier in GT5 & 6.

So as far as cars go I started off with the M4 and stayed with it for a while. Makes 480hp, weighs 2,185lbs, Comfort Hard tires and good tune. Since then I’ve transferred to the GR4 M4, just feels like it’s a bit more stable with the same exact tune. Still on Comfort Hards. Would recommend diff settings at 43/55/20, I notice it’s not as brutal on tires at 60/60/20. DS4 settings are 2/2/2. Full lock on Suzuka is fun, running the bank on BB Raceway (now Irwindale section) is hella fun

First off no disrespect to joypad players but I've been really struggling with drifting in GTS on G29 and thought I'd just give the pad a shot to see if actually was getting the application of drift theory right or wrong.....

Basically what I've found is that I know exactly what I 'should' be doing and can do it fairly well with the joypad but I guess either the g29 isn't fast enough returning itself to opposite lock or I'm not fast enough with it. I'm probably going with GTS not being optimised for the g29 as I'm having less drifting problems is Assetto Corsa and the wheel seems happier to counter on its own when you put the power down and release it. Lock to lock on a joypad makes a hell of a difference against a wheel imo.

Back