The emperor's X2010

  • Thread starter Thread starter Menown
  • 71 comments
  • 4,054 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
980
Canada
London, Ontario
Messages
Freakyweakywoo
Just unlocked the level 30 Special Event, time to see what all the hype is about

Aaaaaaaaaahahahahaha WTF. It's terrible.

People have seriously been raving over this thing?

I can see the emperor is naked, and I'm calling it. I'm not even going to waste my time on these special events, what a horrible vehicle.

I can't be alone here.
 
Translation: I can't drive the X2010, and regardless of the fact that multiple people can get sub 4 minute laps at the Nurburgring, I am going to say it's terrible to hide the fact.
 
He never said anything about being unable to drive it.
 
He didn't need to.
 
I have it, I can drive it and I don't like it. I've used it once for the Suzuka 1000km endurance race so I could get it over with as quick as possible and I haven't used it since and I doubt I ever will use it again.
 
?











That's all that comes to mind. What's the problem?
 
It's dull, it is so far removed from a real car it lacks everything I love about them. You can't step the back out and slide, you can't take in how the car and track interact, there is no passion or love here. It's a go kart that goes veeeeeeee veeeeeee veeeeeee like a hyper active Mitsubishi from the challenges a while ago. It's arcade handling is simply idiotic and is far more fantasy than I ever feared, look a hairpin, weeeeeee 110 mph!! Total fantasy.
 
Last edited:
He never said anything about being unable to drive it.

That's why a translation was necessary;)
 
The car isn't fantasy. Its an CAD-Perfect engineering model based on real data. If Group-C was ever allowed to continue and laws remained lax, that would be an LMP1 and alot of people would be dead.
 
I do not like driving it either, does not mean it's idiotic, arcady or a fantasy. I'm sure folks would have said the same thing about the Evo if someone described how it in the '60s.

If the back stepped out then you be a smudge in the wall, good thing PD did not do total damage.
 
I thought the challenge was fun. It was quite a different experience from the other cars in the game. I've never driven it again though as it is just not my taste. I really don't care for the fgt either.
 
it's exciting car for people who put racing soft on everything and equates fun directly to mph figures.

I think it's a horrible driver's car.
 
Think of it as a 1.5x forward feature in endurance.
 
It's dull, it is so far removed from a real car it lacks everything I love about them. You can't step the back out and slide, you can't take in how the car and track interact, there is no passion or love here. It's a go kart that goes veeeeeeee veeeeeee veeeeeee like a hyper active Mitsubishi from the challenges a while ago. It's arcade handling is simply idiotic and is far more fantasy than I ever feared, look a hairpin, weeeeeee 110 mph!! Total fantasy.

I don't see anything fantasy about it. Sure it's pretty extreme, but you definintely build something akin to it that would nuke F1 cars.

As for it being dull, I'd bet you're not even driving it at 50%. It is a very stable car, but you can certainly get it to slide under the right conditions, and I honestly haven't found a car that demands more precision than it. You're free to hate it, but to me it sounds like your decision was made before you drove the car.
 
I think it's a horrible driver's car.

^I second that. I have tracked lots of cars in real life, the most enjoyable ones were not necessarily the fastest down the main straight or the one that took the corner at the most speed. The most enjoyable ones for me were the ones that spoke to you in the corners, the ones that had the most responsive engines, the ones that you could push to their limits and teeter along that edge of control vs possible wreck.

The X1 is absurd in this regard. I don't know if it would be more enjoyable with a wheel, but with a DS3 it is nearly impossible to control with any degree of finesse. If I approach the limit, I either fall right off the edge or slow down to the point where the limit is another 50mph further.

Maybe I can't drive it properly, maybe I don't want to put the time in to do so. I can tell you, I have more fun trying to balance the Takata NSX or a 430 Scuderia around a tight course. The closest thing to an absurd car I enjoy in GT5 is the Zonda R.
 
The car isn't fantasy. Its an CAD-Perfect engineering model based on real data. If Group-C was ever allowed to continue and laws remained lax, that would be an LMP1 and alot of people would be dead.

Agree 100%.

I want Group-C to come back. Athletics have MMA; how the hell does motoring not have an "extreme" series where the restrictions are basically nil?

If someone wants to risk their life doing what they love (driving the fastest machine human minds can create), then who has the right to stop them.

I'd watch the hell out of some Group-C and completely forget F1.
 
Any Car that can't be driven by a human because the forces on his neck would snap it, it nothing but fantasy.
 
I don't see anything fantasy about it. Sure it's pretty extreme, but you definintely build something akin to it that would nuke F1 cars.

As for it being dull, I'd bet you're not even driving it at 50%. It is a very stable car, but you can certainly get it to slide under the right conditions, and I honestly haven't found a car that demands more precision than it. You're free to hate it, but to me it sounds like your decision was made before you drove the car.

It's fantasy simply because it doesn't exist.

The FIA would never allow a car like that to race due to safety reasons. It pretty much unknown whether a human being could actually drive it at the speeds it's designed to hit, due to the massive G's it would pull and if a humans reaction time would be fast enough to actually control it.

It's just pure fantasy, just like the racing craft in Wipeout and just because it's in a driving game, it doesn't make it any more realistic.
 
Agree 100%.

I want Group-C to come back. Athletics have MMA; how the hell does motoring not have an "extreme" series where the restrictions are basically nil?

Because people died. Many. Many. People died.

Racing in itself is extreme, especially top tier as it is. I would love Group-C to come back, but the safety regs aren't to level that those cars can produce, and never was.

Group-C was the best Era in racing, but it was the second most dangerous.

If someone wants to risk their life doing what they love (driving the fastest machine human minds can create), then who has the right to stop them.

I'd watch the hell out of some Group-C and completely forget F1.

People risk their lives every day in motorsport. Top Fuel. Top Tier Oval racing. Funnycar. Even GT and Open Wheel have seen deaths in the past decade.
 
Well then, the X1 isn't even close to being fantasy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UEYxf4fl_A


Exactly. What makes it more realistic is that it uses real technology.

Until you see that car drive round a track with the same stats that are used in the game, it's pure fantasy. Real technology like an engine and a fan? I could draw you a car with a fan to help create massive ground effect, I could give it fantastic made up stats for my made up car and guess what? It would be just as real as the X2010.
 
The car isn't fantasy. Its an CAD-Perfect engineering model based on real data. If Group-C was ever allowed to continue and laws remained lax, that would be an LMP1 and alot of people would be dead.

No, its more like fantasy what-if....

Its great for B-spec Bob to win you stuff while you are out...and the Vettel Challenge events are great for exp and credits...

I have no desire of driving this thing after bronzing the challenges and went back to drive my normal car...
 
Until you see that car drive round a track with the same stats that are used in the game, it's pure fantasy. Real technology like an engine and a fan? I could draw you a car with a fan to help create massive ground effect, I could give it fantastic made up stats for my made up car and guess what? It would be just as real as the X2010.

No it wouldn't necessary. It would all depend on how indepth PD and Newey went in creating the car.

1500 hp is easily done.
http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/ultima_maxximus_g-force.html

Fan cars are easily done.
http://antholonet.com/EngineersCars/Chaparral2J/Chaparral2J.jpg

F1 cars are not the limit of technology

You only think the car isn't realistic because you haven't seen something perform like it, which is silly.
 
Try making a tire that can hold the car with 8 G of lateral force and sustain the downforce thats needed to do it. Michelin had problem with F1 tires at a mere 3-4 G at Indy Turn 1 at the shallow banking of the oval. The downforce of the car and the extra load the banking generated was enough to causing the carcass to fail. This was before the era of control tire and during the tire war between 2 massive tire companies.

During the IMSA GTP era near the end the car were making 10000lb+ of downforce with cars that weighs in 6-700 kg. There were weekends that cars were constantly having tire failure because of the track characteristics and the downforce level of the cars. No working tire, the cars are useless...

Before they can make tire that can do that, this is no more real than Wipeout, period...
 
Try making a tire that can hold the car with 8 G of lateral force and sustain the downforce thats needed to do it. Michelin had problem with F1 tires at a mere 3-4 G at Indy Turn 1 at the shallow banking of the oval. The downforce of the car and the extra load the banking generated was enough to causing the carcass to fail. This was before the era of control tire and during the tire war between 2 massive tire companies.

Before they can make tire that can do that, this is no more real than Wipeout, period...

What you're pointing out is that one manufacturer, in one year, didn't make the right tire for the one race. Bridgestone didn't have problems with their tires.
 
Every single person cites the tire thing. As though tires are impossible to construct.

Rubber tires have been used up to and passed the speed of frikken sound. It will NOT be the most difficult to modify a proven construction to take more sideforce.


Edit: Realisticly, all your asking is another 20ish percent from tires used in Group-C which is over two decade old technology as it was.
 
Try making a tire that can hold the car with 8 G of lateral force and sustain the downforce thats needed to do it.

Yes, this is the one thing that has always bothered me about the X1. Even if the car is buildable, the tires are still a mystery.

However, note that the tire issue doesn't make the car any less realistic. You could still potentially build an X1. Just make sure to add a g limiter in the corners.



Rubber tires have been used up to and passed the speed of frikken sound. It will NOT be the most difficult to modify a proven construction to take more sideforce.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Thrust SSC's tires weren't traditional tires were they?
 
Translation: I can't drive the X2010, and regardless of the fact that multiple people can get sub 4 minute laps at the Nurburgring, I am going to say it's terrible to hide the fact.

I like this, lol.

I just hit 30, and it is a tough one to drive at first. I managed to get bronze at the Nurburgring in about 10 minutes, so it wasn't too bad. Gold will take quite a while though.
 
No it wouldn't necessary. It would all depend on how indepth PD and Newey went in creating the car.

1500 hp is easily done.
http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/ultima_maxximus_g-force.html

Fan cars are easily done.
http://antholonet.com/EngineersCars/Chaparral2J/Chaparral2J.jpg

F1 cars are not the limit of technology

You only think the car isn't realistic because you haven't seen something perform like it, which is silly.

It doesn't matter how in-depth they went, I'll bet my life if you took Kaz's idea to any other F1 technical specialist they'd come up with an X2010 beater. Why? Because it's not real and they don't have to stick to realism while designing a car for a video game.

Has as 1500bhp fan car ever been done? No.

And finally no. I know it's unrealistic because this car was designed for a video game, not racing, not as a concept car, not even as a car that was designed to go out and break every track lap record in the world. It was designed for a video game.
 
they don't have to stick to realism while designing a car for a video game.
Just like they can choose to stick to realism if they want.

Has as 1500bhp fan car ever been done? No.
Not relevant. That's a terrible argument. Has an F1 car with neon lights and hydraulic suspension been done before? Is it not possible? Of course not.

It was designed for a video game.

And that makes no difference at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back