Suspended:The Endurance World Tour,

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 1,015 comments
I just missed getting to Thunder Club in time, but I watched. Lots of gt3 cars a bunch of historic racers on the ring. I am joining next race with a n200 mazda touring car. can’t wait!

Here is @ZOPPO GT s series. It launches today at 8:00 PM German time. I am currently sitting in the vet office with yet another sick kitty. So,while I missed the opener I will make the next one.

THUNDERCLUB

Racing with friends

ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Organisation 1: ZOPPO--GT

E-mail: zoppo.zoch@web.de

Organisation 2: ZONDA_92

E-mail: zonda6992@gmail.com

This championship based on the rules of the VLN and is modified for our event at Gran Turismo Sport.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

RULES FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP

This championship includes 8 races. Every race endures about 90 minutes. One race per month - every last thursday per month. Starting in August 2019. Starting time 8 pm (German time). Lobby opens 15 minutes before the race.

Just the best 6 races of every driver count for the championship. By this way it doesn´t matter if a driver miss one or two races. He will have still the chance to win the title.

Drivers, who join the championship after 2 or more races, will start with the points of the last guy in the championship. After 4 races the championship is closed for new members.

In honor to the VLN the series starts and ends at the Nürburgring. The other 6 races will take place at different race tracks. Donated to those who don´t like the Nordschleife.

RACE TRACKS

Race 1 - Nürburgring 24h (August 2019)

Race 2 - Monza (September 2019)

Race 3 - Suzuka (October 2019)

Race 4 - Brands Hatch (November 2019)

Race 5 - Nürburgring GP course (December 2019)

Race 6 - Ciruit de la Sarthe (January 2020)

Race 7 - Mount Panorama (February 2020)

Race 8 - Nürburgring Nordschleife (March 2020)

CARS FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Four different classes are special created for this championship. IMPORTANT: No Porsche, no concept cars, no vision cars allowed! The reason: All these cars are unreal fast - too fast. They don´t fit the idea of the BoP.

Class 1 - Racecars

Powerlimit: 544 hp (400 kW)

Minimum weight: 1180 Kg.

This Class is good for Group 3 racecars. Please notice: No group 1 - 2 - X - N - concept - vision gran turismo or Porsche cars allowed.

Class 2 - N 400 cars

Powerlimit: 374 hp (275 kW)

This class is for group N cars only. Please notice: No group 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - X - concept - vision gran turismo or Porsche cars allowed!

Class 3 - N 200 cars

Powerlimit: 238 hp (175 kW)

Minimum weight: 1100 Kg.

This class is for group N cars only. Please notice: No group 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - X - concept - vision gran turismo or Porsche cars allowed!

Class 4 - Historic cars (1963 - 1973)

Powerlimit: 353 hp (260 kW )

This class is for historic cars only - made between 1963 and 1973. Especially made for the old group N or group X cars. Attention: No Jaguar XJ 13 `66. The Jaguar is unreal too fast. Please notice: No group 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - concept - vision gran turismo or Porsche cars allowed.

Each driver can choose his favorite class for racing. It´s allowed to switch from one class to the next class after each race. IMPORTANT: Each driver has to sign up his choosen class at the "Organisation Team" at least 3 days (or earlier) befor the race. It´s not allowed to switch for another class short before the race.

It doesn´t matter if you race with a 238 hp group N car or with a 544 hp race car - you always keep the chance to win this championship. That´s possible by a very smart point system - shown below.

INFORMATION:

Please enter the lobby with a "ready to race" car to avoid "testdrives", because the race should start just in time. Each driver who is guilty for a delay will lose two points from his ranking!

Timeboard (for all races - German time!)

7:45 pm Lobby opens for race.

8:00 pm Qualifying

8:15 pm Start of the endurance race.

9:45 pm End of the race.

INFORMATION: A friend of "ZONDA_92" (Danny) likes to stream all races live on YOUTUBE. So everyone can watch the race later - or for evidence in case of crashes or something else.

TECHNICAL RULES

TIRES

No limits or ristrictions. Each driver can choose any kind of tires he like to drive. It´s allowed to switch to a different kind of tire during the race, as often as you like. The tire reduction is set to stage 2.

GAS

Every car start with 50% volume of gasoline. You can stop for fueling up as often as you like. The gas reduction is set to stage 2.

PITSTOP

There is no limit for pitstops. You can stop once, or twice or more times. It depense on your personal strategie. There is also no minimum time for pitstops. Get in and out as fast as you can to save time and position.

TUNING

No ristrictions - exept the powerlimits and minimum weights at each class. It´s allowed to tune all cars at any class to make it compatible for your personal style of driving. You can tune your car in almost any way, but please: obey the powerlimits and the minimumweights!

RACE MODE

Damage - set to "HIGH"

Gasreduction - Stage 2

Tirereduction - Stage 2

Gas at start - 50 %

Penatlys - set to HIGH

Tuning - allowed

ABS - allowed

All other "helpers" are forbidden!

SPECIAL PENALTY

For ruthless or angry drivers who damaged other cars. This penalty will be given for:

1.) If you hit a car in front of you, damage it and make it go for an unwanted pitstop.

2.) If you damage a other car while you overtake it. IMPORTANT: the car in front always has the right of way. Please notice: The driver, who overtakes is always guilty in case of a damage.

3.) If you causes a damage when you try to brake very late in front of a corner and try to overtake at the inside. Remember, the car in front has the right of way:

The special penalty:

The guilty driver has to go in the pits immidiately! After he left the pits, he has to stop soon at the roadside of the track and "must" wait until all other cars have pass him. At the very last position he can continue the race.

This penalty is hard but neccesary! Because it´s a shame if you destroy other cars and spoil the race of other (innocence!) drivers.

It´s easy to avoid this penalty!

Just drive careful and with hinsight. Be not ruthless and show respect to others. That´s the way "real racers" do - the gentleman way!

POINTS FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP

The best 6 races about 8 counting for the championship. If you don´t finish a race, you get no pionts. But your start counts for the other drivers.

Cars in class

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Place 5,00 7,50 8,33 8,75 9,00 9,17 929

2. Place 2,50 5,00 6,25 7,00 7,50 7,86

3. Place 1,67 3,75 5,00 5,80 6,43

4. Place 1,25 3,00 4,17 5,00

5. Place 1.00 2,50 3,57

6. Place 0,83 2,14

7. Place 0,71

How it works:

A driver earn more pionts, if there are more drivers in his class - like shown above. If he is the only driver in his class, he gets 5,00 points after he finished the race. It doesn´t matter on wich place he finished the race - he just win his class!

For example:

A class 1 driver is the only one in his class. He win the race, because he has the fastest car. He will get 5.00 points for the victory.

In class 2 there are three drivers. The best one finish the race on 2. place (after the class 1 car). He will get 8.33 points, because he´s the winner of his class.

In class 3 there are six drivers. The best driver at this class can just finish the race at 5. place (because the class 1 and class 2 drivers had faster cars). But this driver will get 9.17 points!

That´s the way this system works. For that reason it´s possible to win the championship even with a small car. The "big bangers" are much faster, but it doesn´t matter. It doesn´t really depense on the class of the car you like to use. It depense on it, how many cars are in your class and on wich place you will finish the race in your class.

To avoid cheating and look for a useful class for your own comfort, you have to sign up at least 3 days befor every race. It´s not allowed to choose your class at raceday.

Special points:

Every driver who finished the race without penaltys (controlled by Sony server) will get 2 special points, additional to the race points. If you don´t hit others cars, if you don´t make shortcuts and if you don´t crash into a wall - you will get 2 additional points as a result of "smooth and careful" driving.

Minus points:

You will lose 2 points if you block faster drivers more than neccesary. If you notice a faster car behind you, you have to let it pass at the next best area without the reason of damage for your own car.

You will lose 2 points if you change lane on straights more than one time, maybe to avoid the slipstream for following cars or make it more difficult to them to pass you. That´s unfair and not gentleman like!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Things to think about it:

1.) Every race start is dangerous. Especially if some drivers try to get a better position. But this behavior mostly ends up in crashes or collisiones. Nothing else is more frustrating as to go for the pits for a repair stop after the first lap - especialy for the innocent driver. He´s not guilty, but he lost his position and a lot of time - his race is spoiled! Please friends, don´t turn the very first corner into a wrecking yard.

Please hold your position till all cars are lined up after one or two curves. After that the "hunting season" is open.

2.) If you catch up to two or more cars wich are busy with fights for positions - please stay back! Don´t get in there, it´s too dangerous and will rise the risk for crashes. Hold your position and wait for the right moment to pass.

3.) All drivers at the THUNDERCLUB are "gentle-man drivers". No driver has a problem to let pass faster cars. But it could take a little time to find the right place to give space. Please don´t be ruthless and wait for it.

4.) This will be the first time that we race with different car classes. Faster and slower cars are on the track at the same time. Please obey the speed of the cars. Fast cars have to watch out for slower cars. Slower cars have to watch out for the fast ones. That makes the race more interesting - but even more dangerous. Pay attention all the time!

5.) Drivers of slower cars should always hold their line - on straights and in curves. Don´t break or make sudden maneuvers to give space for faster cars. It´s the job for the fast driver to pass you without any risk. But please, don´t block faster guys in an unfair way!

------------------------------------------------------------------

We try this kind of racing for the first time. But it could be a great experience for everyone. Never before we raced with different powerclasses. But it should not be a great problem if all drivers pay attention to it.

We like to wish all drivers a lot of fun and a succesful race season. Please remember: Drive fair and clean all the time. We are friends on the race track - not enemies!

Fair comes first - the victory stands last!

Kindly regards to all friends

Zonda_92 and Zoppo--GT

Last edited:
Guys, for anyone interested, I went back through 2 of the practice races last Sunday and compiled the results. I'll attach the file in case someone wants it. This might be hard to view as a post.

upload_2019-8-30_23-8-41.png

Attachments

• GTS Endurance.xlsx
    18.2 KB · Views: 12
Guys, even though isn't mandatory, I've been developing some number plates for our series. I took inspiration in the Le Mans/WEC standards for GTE PRO and AM. The plates are already in the correct size - do not resize them - and notice that the darker spots are there to help you position the numbers (you can find them in the exact WEC font here). After done with the numbers, just use the masks between the plate and the numbering so that the darker guides are hidden, and presto!

Plus, you can use the PRO/AM stickers and your car should be ready to go!

Links:

- AM Gr.3
- PRO Gr.3
- AM Gr.2
- PRO Gr.2
- orange mask (for AM)
- green mask (for PRO)
- numbers (you have to find them in the user's gallery)
- AM sticker
- PRO sticker

If you design your own livery, you can find everything you need in the links. If you need some help, just PM me, or tag me in the thread and I'll be happy to help.

Last edited:
This Sunday we will repeat Wednesdays schedule... a race practice 90 min race practice followed by shorter races and boost racing.
The practice/qualify/race works
well but in order but there is NO time between practice and the race.
Guys, for anyone interested, I went back through 2 of the practice races last Sunday and compiled the results. I'll attach the file in case someone wants it. This might be hard to view as a post.

View attachment 847261
Hmmm can we find any more slow guys....or perhaps I should join G2....I will really be last in group but might get more points :crazy:

It is becoming obvious that we will start this parade on the second weekend next month so we will be having a full length practice race on the first weekend.
The guys who attend tomorrow’s race will pick the track for that practice race. So if you want a vote...show up tomorrow. There is also a possibility that the “Practice Race” will be a half points race ( to encourage participation :lol:)as might any special events we decide to hold...like Zoppo’s Classic Le Mans. We are finalizing the schedule and it will be up shortly.

It looks like all races will utilize the Practice/Qualify/Race setting. You can not park during the Qualification phase due to our utilizing the car reposition setting. During qualifying you may complete the lap you started if the timer runs out during that lap as long as you do so within the 180 second period before the session ends. At most tracks we will make sure you have at least two hot laps but La Sarthe and the two Nordschleife races will have only one hot lap.

If a Gr2 car is out qualified by a Gr3 car that Gr2 car will move up to the end of the Gr2 grid during the formation lap.

Pole Gr3 driver is reminded to lag a reasonable distance behind the Gr2 cars during the formation lap to avoid first corner mayhem :irked: between classes.

We will post all changes to Tour rules prior to the Practice Race.

As usual, I'm going to have to be awkwardly awkward.
Due to how my shifts run, I can never guarantee to make it.
However, I'd like to be placed as a room reserve as and when if this is possible?
Happy to run either Gr.2 or Gr.3 to make up numbers.

Renrag39
Renrag39
Gr.2 NSX
Gr.3 Corvette
AM
Team Sorry

Room will open and starting this week we will start doing either stint or full length races at our Wednesday and Sundays following the schedule which will be posted shortly....spolier...Bathurst is first.
Room opens at Noon and Racing at 1330

Made a points table while being bored at work. Don't know if someone else has a better one but feel free to use it (though it's written in Dutch, so I'd have to rewrite it for English functions - shouldn't be a problem).

It consists of an input table where you can just enter the race results per race (scores are evaluated accordingly), a tab where points are defined, and an output tab that you can copy to post here.

Attachments

• points table.xlsx
    104.8 KB · Views: 10
Made a points table while being bored at work. Don't know if someone else has a better one but feel free to use it (though it's written in Dutch, so I'd have to rewrite it for English functions - shouldn't be a problem).

It consists of an input table where you can just enter the race results per race (scores are evaluated accordingly), a tab where points are defined, and an output tab that you can copy to post here.

Made an english version too (I hope, can't check it since it translates the file back to Dutch as soon as I open it). Again, write in the input tab, see results in output tab.

Attachments

• points_table_en.xlsx
    113.2 KB · Views: 7

thanks... I’ll take a look!

Well, that was fun. We had our first full room due to a strong showing from Europe so that even with some of our regulars missing there was no room in the inn. With one minor exception good manners and patience prevailed. We ran two 20 lap races at Bathurst, the first with 16, and the second with 10.
Comm worked well with the two primary rooms having 7 in each which allowed chat hosts to move back and forth to confer as necessary. There was another chat with two in it. This may be the best way to run things until the 16 person chat becomes available from Sony.
It really was a pleasure to race in a full room . At least there was always someone to race with which hopefully will be a hallmark for this series.

Again thanks to all who came, and if you were “testing the waters” we hope you will sign up and race with us over the next year or more.

Well, that was fun. We had our first full room due to a strong showing from Europe so that even with some of our regulars missing there was no room in the inn. With one minor exception good manners and patience prevailed. We ran two 20 lap races at Bathurst, the first with 16, and the second with 10.
Comm worked well with the two primary rooms having 7 in each which allowed chat hosts to move back and forth to confer as necessary. There was another chat with two in it. This may be the best way to run things until the 16 person chat becomes available from Sony.
It really was a pleasure to race in a full room . At least there was always someone to race with which hopefully will be a hallmark for this series.

Again thanks to all who came, and if you were “testing the waters” we hope you will sign up and race with us over the next year or more.

It was a blast! I'm thankful that I didn't ruin anyone's race and that I wasn't dead last :D.

I‘ll go with my Le Mans Porsche and will adjust the livery when I‘m back from vacation.
Thanks @wowbaggerBR for the plates and stickers in advance. :cheers:

full

You're welcome. It'll look both glorious and right in a endurance series :bowdown:.

Last edited:
@GTP_Nail, thanks for all of the work, this is going to be an awesome series :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

One cautionary note...based on the number of GTfn regulars signed up you should probably make us go to our own chat room. 🤬
We don't do very well without adult supervision. Quickly goes from rated E for everyone to, ...:confused: don't think they have a rating for where it goes. :lol::lol::lol:

:cheers:

Would everyone who is entered please check post #3 to make sure you are listed both in the gang listing at the top of the post and that you are properly listed in Pro or Am below. Also if you have not been getting notifications from the Tour convo let us know here and we’ll get you added. This Thread is more for official posts and sign ups.

Again thanks for all of you who joined the Races yesterday 👍

While the first race of the season will take place on the 22d of September, subsequent races will always take place on the second Sunday every month. This will avoid most Holidays and deconflict us with Zoppo’s Thunderclub. And personally I find it easier to remember :lol:

Room coming back up...this idiot was realigning rig (pushing it to align better with monitor and I pulled out the ps4 plug :dunce:

Back