Suspended:The Endurance World Tour,

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 1,015 comments
Thanks to all. We had a seriously good and fun practice with 14 or so. We had a good crew of guys who were signed up and a great group of guys who race with @ZOPPO GT in Germany. Great manners and racing. It was no real problem for the two groups to race as both of our series run under similar rules and have the same attitude towards driving. I took a Gr2 car at Autopolis, and while I was not fast in it, I did overtake a bunch of Gr3 guys and got to see just how they all reacted to blue flag situations. The only problems I noted were caused by Gr3 guys “trying to get out of the way”. Remember its all about the faster car passing you, not you “letting him by”. If you ignore the Gr2 cars and let them pass you it is easier and does less damage to your race.. I know its human nature to try and get out of the way but do not give in to that impulse. Hold your line.

Good to have a large grid with plenty of speed diversity...for once!

Zoppo’s series takes place the last Sunday of the Month and the details are posted above. Hopefully we can race in each others series. I plan to add my car to the grid.

Zoppo's series are taking place on the last Thursday of the month, the 29th of this month.Time 8:00 PM Germany's time

Here are the possible PRO/AM Classifications
Pros
@Argon GR2 Lexus Mike
@Goldomor UNK Marcus
@jas1101 GT3 BMW

Either
@Bass Addict Gr2 Larry
@micantony UNK
@quentin1974 GT3 Godzilla

AM
@GTP_Nail Gr2 Nissan Ned
@wowbaggerBR GT3 Porsche
@oldboy1943 GT3 Peugeot RCZ
@oldguy58 GR2 Lexus
@Dogwolf77 GT3 Godzilla
@TheGeologist GT3 Viper
@geeTeye GT3 Corvette Anthony
@ZOPPO GT GT3 Mustang Zoppo

Above is what it looks like now. Can't remember @quentin1974 's, @micantony 's speed...

I'll do my best to get into one or more of these sessions with you coming up, so we can see where I stack up. AM/Pro
I'm usually right at the split. Top of the amateur and bottom of the Pro's :lol:.
Seeing that I haven't driven much the past month, i need to get some track time in.
I would prefer to do GR3 since there is more car choice, but if we need more Gr2, I can handle the Lexus.

I wouldn't get too carried away with splitting up the rooms yet, there are always no show's.

Yes but ( there is always a BUT) it is wise to be ready to avoid the Chinese fire drill if they all do :lol:.

If I have missed linking anyone to the convo where we chat and if you do not see your psn/gtp link #3 in the group on top and in the driver/car classification list below it post here and we will fix it.

Tomorrow lets run a couple of “stint” races. Lets start at The Ring ( I’ll bet that is a big surprise :D) and then head to Interlagos and the RB Ring.

And...the more of you who make it the merrier and we need to get a look at everybody’s speed

Tomorrow lets run a couple of “stint” races. Lets start at The Ring ( I’ll bet that is a big surprise :D) and then head to Interlagos and the RB Ring.

And...the more of you who make it the merrier and we need to get a look at everybody’s speed

Don't know if I can make it this time, maybe I can join the final stint race. In any case, have fun!

Any chance we could start at Fuji maybe? Just fancy a change from the Green Hell but will be there anyway regardless of where we start

I am not able to make it today because of work again. I have one more busy week of work so next Sunday I won't make it either but after that I should be able to. I am glad the series hasn't started yet. I need practice time badly but I work double shifts everyday starting tomorrow through Sunday.

Man, I'm useless around the Nurburgring. Useless.

But the La Sarthe was fun, even though I had to go hard on economy in order to finish.

Power just went out :ouch:
Wondered where you went:lol:. Pretty much a good bit of fun.

Is vonSchmimmerin(?) going to sign up? @ZOPPO GT is he one of yours? If he races he is Pro.

Who is knowledgeable and a good teacher for either google docs or excel... we need a score keeper, another steward, and one more host, possibly two if I am sick and we have two rooms to run.

Please use the following on your car:
dark colored windscreen banner if you are am
white or lite colored banner if you are pro. This is only a problem if you are using a discovery livery in which case ... find another. lol.

I think special events either need to be run in addition to our monthly race, or after the season. What do you guys think.

Do we want to mess with success ballast. Yes or No?

Again that was fun... especially the three , or was it four ?, restarts at Le Mans:lol:

Is vonSchmimmerin(?) going to sign up? @ZOPPO GT is he one of yours? If he races he is Pro.

Who is knowledgeable and a good teacher for either google docs or excel... we need a score keeper, another steward, and one more host, possibly two if I am sick and we have two rooms to run.

Man, I'd love to be able to help on this.

white or lite colored banner if you are pro. This is only a problem if you are using a discovery livery in which case ... find another. lol.

I love editing my own liveries and I have a suggestion for people who will design their own. I've found these stickers (PRO and AM). They are in the right size, so you can just put in the car in the normal positions (bumpers and close to the number plate) without needing to resize them. It looks great on mine.

I don't know. Maybe we need more test to see where everybody is pace-wise?

Again that was fun... especially the three , or was it four ?, restarts at Le Mans:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I was getting pretty confused. There wasn't space on the party and I was wondering what the hell was happening. But I enjoyed the race, got to recover quite a bit of time after the start procedures shenanigans, it was really rewarding.

Last edited:

I think special events either need to be run in addition to our monthly race, or after the season. What do you guys think.

I can host and steward but I´m not good with Excel or Google sheets

Man, I'd love to be able to help on this.

I love editing my own liveries and I have a suggestion for people who will design their own. I've found these stickers (PRO and AM). They are in the right size, so you can just put in the car in the normal positions (bumpers and close to the number plate) without needing to resize them. It looks great on mine.

I don't know. Maybe we need more test to see where everybody is pace-wise?

:lol::lol::lol: I was getting pretty confused. There wasn't space on the party and I was wondering what the hell was happening. But I enjoyed the race, got to recover quite a bit of time after the start procedures shenanigans, it was really rewarding.
Ok guys the comm problem is screwing us up. With over eight in the room someone is always left out in the cold. Starting with Wednesday we will be prepared to have two chat rooms. One will be for primary English speakers and other English fluent drivers. The second will be for our German and South American drivers w/interpreters. We need to leave one slot open in each chat room so the chat hosts can jump back and forth as required. Personally I prefer Discord but some of our members are quite vocal in their dislike, but even so we may be forced to use it if this fails to work.

Ok guys the comm problem is screwing us up. With over eight in the room someone is always left out in the cold. Starting with Wednesday we will be prepared to have two chat rooms. One will be for primary English speakers and other English fluent drivers. The second will be for our German and South American drivers w/interpreters. We need to leave one slot open in each chat room so the chat hosts can jump back and forth as required. Personally I prefer Discord but some of our members are quite vocal in their dislike, but even so we may be forced to use it if this fails to work.
Let´s hope the firmware update 7.0 with 16-player-parties will be out soon. It´s been beta-tested for a month now.

Indeed. I've never used Discord, so I don't have any opinion on it. I think my headphone mic was on mute yesterday (or set too low), so you guys didn't hear me, sorry for that.

Oh, and for people considering designing their own livery, the PRO/AM stickers look really nice.

Used discord when I was competing in Asseto Corsa because they had no comm at the time. Just ran earbuds from phone to handle comm and headset over that for game sounds. Lots of wires but actually works pretty good.
I also did the same thing with no problems as long as everyone had their mike sensitivity very low. Also if we do that it would only be until the race has started and completed the first lap.

Back