The ex-USSR Thread

• Thread starter Rage Racer
  • 63 comments
Nice cosplay of the Capitol guy. :D
UBxB4UtRiRA.jpg

Honestly, I'm glad that the cops of dictatoric Russia reacted way softer than their colleagues from European democracies or the Land of Freedom normally do.

Nice cosplay of the Capitol guy. :D
UBxB4UtRiRA.jpg

Honestly, I'm glad that the cops of dictatoric Russia reacted way softer than their colleagues from European democracies or the Land of Freedom normally do.

3,300 peaceful protesters were arrested.

Now if only they would stop murdering the opposition...
Huh, and what next? Stop stealing? Stop building astonishing mansions? Its part of Russian way of rise from the knees, get out of here with you liberal suggestions :lol:

Huh, and what next? Stop stealing? Stop building astonishing mansions? Its part of Russian way of rise from the knees, get out of here with you liberal suggestions :lol:
Did Carnegie, Vanderbilt and Rockefeller ever stop stealing and building mansions? These pioneer capitalists showed the (then proper but not eternal) way for rising from the knees. Recapitulating the way the US did it, well, we rule that out. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

3,300 peaceful protesters were arrested.

Well that's an exception, and it's not like the govt side approves this. This cop is now under investigation, from what I heard. I suppose he was in a stressful situation and didn't see who was on his way before he kicked the old woman. That's an overreaction of course. He later apologized to her in the hospital.

To be fair, there were exceptions from the "peaceful protest" part, too.

3,300 arrested of 110-160k protesters all over the country, that's not so many. I guess not all of the arrested were peaceful.

Now if only they would stop murdering the opposition...
The police? Murdering the opposition? Who'd they murder this time?
I've seen some posts about a man claimed to be "killed by the police" with his photo on a hospital bed... which later turned out to be an old photo of some blogger after plastic surgery. So, there's no Russian George Floyd made this time.

He is chess mastermind - his gambit against Putin is brilliant.
Well, for now, when this mastermind is in jail it doesn't look like he's winning his briliant gambit... ;)

I suppose he was in a stressful situation and didn't see who was on his way before he kicked the old woman.
There wasnt anything dangerous ahead of him, this was just an act of aggression from typical Rossgvardia moron. Today they beating old lady in stomach, next day they raping children between searching watermelons.

To be fair, there were exceptions from the "peaceful protest" part, too.
1)Some inadequate idiot, maybe agent provocateur.
2,3)Unarmed protestors fighting with fully geared OMON officers that constantly using batons against peaceful protestors.

3,300 arrested of 110-160k protesters all over the country, that's not so many. I guess not all of the arrested were peaceful.
They physically cant arrest more - Moscow specpriemnik's cant hold more than 1500 people at once. There were cases when arrested protestors were kept in police buses for 20 hours because there wasnt enough space.

when this mastermind is in jail it doesn't look like he's winning his briliant gambit
Well, he is politician number one in Russia right now, I dont think anyone else can bring 160.000 protestors on the streets. Every day in jail makes him more popular, even those who doesnt like his persona think that he is a brave man and support protests. People already calling him Russian Mandela.

I was surprised they let him out of the country in the first place to get treatment, the smooth brain response by locking him up when he got back seriously wasn't Putins best move.

I was surprised they let him out of the country in the first place to get treatment
Things goes wrong for poisoners - they think that Navalniy will die in Germany and all traces of Novichok already gone. Incompetence. Or somebody in Kremlin wanted to setup Putin and gave him wrong info about situation.

Ah-hahahaha :lol:

Journalists from Mash entered the "Putin's palace" and showed how it looks inside. "A little" different from Alexey's movie.
Few hours ago, billionaire Arkadiy Rotenberg said that he is the owner of that mansion.
https://meduza.io/news/2021/01/30/m...nazval-sebya-vladeltsem-dvortsa-v-gelendzhike (Russian)

1)Some inadequate idiot, maybe agent provocateur.
2,3)Unarmed protestors fighting with fully geared OMON officers that constantly using batons against peaceful protestors.
I don't see how difference in equipment excuses the protestors' aggression against the police.
And what was this? Peaceful protestors peacefully beat up a guy with an anti-Navalny poster. Provocateur agents or he was threatening them, too?

I was surprised they let him out of the country in the first place to get treatment, the smooth brain response by locking him up when he got back seriously wasn't Putins best move.
Which is why I think this whole weird-ass story makes no sense.
Another question is on Navalny's side - why'd he return to the country that he says was triyng to kill him? Instead of seeking asylum in Germany. And he knew he was going to be arrested on arrival but he literally flew into jail. This opens a lot of space for conspiracy theories. Pretty sure there's something we don't know about.

"A little" different from Alexey's movie.
Alexey's movie doesn't have any actual inside shots, he claimed that currently its on reconstruction and all renders were made based on documents from past.

Few hours ago, billionaire Arkadiy Rotenberg said that he is the owner of that mansion
It explains why its under NFZ and guarded by FPS :D Doesn't matter who own it de jure

I don't see how difference in equipment excuses the protestors' aggression against the police.
Its not agression, its self-defence against violators of Constitution rights.

Even more arrests, teargas and shockers. Looks like current government in RF don't want to wait 4 years till president elections and want revolution like in Ukraine :lol: main question is who will be last dictator of Europe - Lukashenko or Putin :lol:

So, looks like Alexey won't be eating lobsters and travelling around the world at donators' expense for 2 years and 8 months.
I wonder, why were there so many foreign ambassadors (of US, UK, Germany and more) in the court? They seemed to be worried about Navalny like he's their man.

Alexey's movie doesn't have any actual inside shots, he claimed that currently its on reconstruction and all renders were made based on documents from past.
Hey, don't tell me that platinum toilet brush was a render, too. :D

So all the hype was about renders (containing a Montenegrian eagle on the gates instead of the Russian one, a photo of library in Prague, etc) and some documents about a mansion built since 2011 that Navalny decided to be Putin's? Like V.V. personally owns literally everything expensive in Russia.

It explains why its under NFZ and guarded by FPS
From what I read, there's an FSB frontier post nearby, but who cares.
It's guarded by FSO, but some journos somehow managed to get in?

There are no fly zones like this all over Russia (and some of Putin's real residences don't have it at all), but Navalny decided there's definetly Putin's estate when there's a no fly zone.

Its not agression, its self-defence against violators of Constitution rights.
Self-defence by kicking a cop lying on the ground (second video), huh?

Even more arrests, teargas and shockers. Looks like current government in RF don't want to wait 4 years till president elections and want revolution like in Ukraine :lol: main question is who will be last dictator of Europe - Lukashenko or Putin :lol:
And how are those TikTok kids going to prepare a revolution, hm? ;)

160,000 protestors in a whole 143 million country, that's a ridiculously low number. Compare that to BLM protests in the US where over 15 million people took part. 40,000 people protesting for Navalny in the 20 million city of Moscow on 23rd of January. That's not even funny. A week later, there were even fewer numbers.
A1nOMJq870s.jpg

And outside Moscow & SPb, it's just... pathetic.

P.S. Panorama wrote some news about this that made me LOL. :lol:

If there are so few protesters, why so many cops? Seems like protester numbers are so small that even a few cops would be enough. That alone gives you something to think about, without knowing anything else.

If there are so few protesters, why so many cops? Seems like protester numbers are so small that even a few cops would be enough. That alone gives you something to think about, without knowing anything else.
I guess the local police of those cities was expecting more. Because, you know, 100 million watches on one YouTube video.
Besides, it's just easier for the cops to work when they have advantage in numbers. No need for excessive brute force.

Like here.
A quick guide how to get a prison sentence for 5 seconds:

I guess the local police of those cities was expecting more. Because, you know, 100 million watches on one YouTube video.
Besides, it's just easier for the cops to work when they have advantage in numbers. No need for excessive brute force.

Like here.
A quick guide how to get a prison sentence for 5 seconds:

Hm...no need for excessive brute force?
Looking at the same channel: some guy said some **** to the cops from the car (!) and they went after him.
Took him out of the cab and punched him.

Seems whoever is posting this is proud people are getting beat up...
The song is still valid as ever, it seems (at least the part about the cops):

Last edited:
Hm...no need for excessive brute force?
Looking at the same channel: some guy said some **** to the cops from the car (!) and they went after him.
Took him out of the cab and punched him.

The guy insulted cops on duty but forgot he isn't on the Internet.
A cop kicked him once while the man in taxi resisted but then the others packed him up quickly. I don't see much excessive beating.

Also, it seems like Navalny isn't a "prisoner of consciense" anymore, according to Amnesty International. It took them pretty long time to learn about his racist and homophobic speeches in the past.

Last edited:
I think the first part of the email that is not highlighted says what they think about his arrest.
The last part is what they think about him. Two separate things. I doubt anyone thinks Navalny is an angel.

Also, it seems like Navalny isn't a "prisoner of consciense" anymore, according to Amnesty International. It took them pretty long time to learn about his racist and homophobic speeches in the past.
Perfectly fine position from organisation saying that "defensive jihad" is Ok :banghead:

The guy insulted cops on duty but forgot he isn't on the Internet.
A cop kicked him once while the man in taxi resisted but then the others packed him up quickly. I don't see much excessive beating.
So the cop is OK being the judge and Jury, issuing the sentence and carrying it out?

It doesn't need to be excessive to be wrong.

As @FuriousDemon points out its possible to hold that view and still consider his arrest wrong. Or do you not believe in equal protection under the law (well actually quite clearly you don't, given that you're OK with unwarranted assaults by police officers).

Perfectly fine position from organisation saying that "defensive jihad" is Ok :banghead:
Another quote-miner, seems to be the day for it.

Are you actually aware of what the word Jihad means and how many uses it has?

Yeah, clearly they mean something else, especially when they support people like Moazzam Begg
Remind us what he was charged with again and how those trials went?

That aside you are also once again conflating potential guilt with campaigning against mistreatment.

Let's try an analogy for you that might help. I do not support the death penalty under any circumstances, that doesn't then mean I think everyone who is held on death row is innocent.

Last edited:
That aside you are also once again conflating potential guilt with campaigning against mistreatment.
I am just saying that blaming political prisoner for hate speech(debatable, btw) while advocating "defensive jihad" and using radical Islamist as a face of your organization for years is little bit hypocritical, IMO.

Prisoner of conscience status is one of the things that protecting Alexey from death. I dont think its the time for debating his political views, lets wait until he is out of prison.

Back