The Ferrari Challenge - CompletedPS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 170 comments
Got this toy but can”t taste it because don”t have Fanatec wheel yet
Are you planning on getting a compatible wheel or did you just like the look of the pedals? ;)

Nice... I thought they were compatible with other wheels?
Possibly on PC? Not sure on console, you'd need the unit to recognise them as a separate input - I think.

And talking about hardware. @AndreasR - Since you've been racing again, I presume you managed to fix your wheel or pedals. I wasn't sure what went wrong.

Are you planning on getting a compatible wheel or did you just like the look of the pedals? ;)

I am going to buy CSL Elite PS4 version, but it is out of stock ATM. Also have crazy idea about Podium, but it cost to much.
One person was selling new CSL on Monday, but I couldn't met him and on Tuesday morning it was sold :(

According pedals - all Fanatec gear work on PS4 if it connected to PS4 compatible wheelbase (Podium or CSL +), and of course all gear work on PC (I don't have it). It's a bit strange - Xbox compatibility is implemented into wheels and you can buy base what you want + Xbox compatible wheel, but for PS4 you need PS4 compatible base + any wheel. I would like CSW, but it doesn't support PS4.

Thrustmaster have a new wheel coming out soon. Doesn't look like it'll be cheap though

https://www.gtplanet.net/thrustmaster-new-wheel-april-20210208/
Yes, I know that but don't expect serious changes according functionality or reability. I have used T300 Alcantara for 4 or 5 years and quite happy with it, but decided go to Fanatec due to so many wheels and accessories. Thrustmaster looks a bit toyish near Fanatec. Also I wanted to try load cell brake, but 180 € for Ricmotech mod for my T3PA Pro is crazy price. So I got Fanatec pedals (I like GT style - inverted pedals) and I am waiting for good deal for Fanatec wheel.

BTW - I know, better gear won't make me quicker :). I know guys, who using T80 and are much quicker than me.

Last edited:
And talking about hardware. @AndreasR - Since you've been racing again, I presume you managed to fix your wheel or pedals. I wasn't sure what went wrong.

Well my t500 is at thrustmasters right now - don´t know if they can fix it. Meantime I made me a huge present in buying the fanatec podium and a set of V3 pedals. I only need to get used to them

I made me a huge present in buying the fanatec podium and a set of V3 pedals
Oooh! Everyone is spending their Christmas money on Fanatec gear. A direct drive wheel, nice.
Sean, @slthree, might be interested, he was thinking of getting one.

I only need to get used to them
Don't get too used to them, you were fast enough before. ;)

I expect you all have sorted out your travel arrangements by now, but just in case you need any last minute information, click below.

The nearest international airports are at Zhuhai, Macau and Hong Kong. Access to the city - and the circuit - are excellent from each airport. There are direct ferries from Hong Kong International Airport to Zhuhai Jiuzhou Ferry Pier, while there are buses from Macau International Airport to Zhuhai Gongbei or Hengqin customs checkpoints.

Public transport options are also excellent - Dongguan, Foshan, Guangzhou, Jiangmen, Jiuzhou port, Macau, Shenzhen, Shunde, Zhongshan and Zhuhai Airport Shuttle all have direct access to Zhuhai International Circuit.

From Gongbei customs checkpoint, bus no. 10 will take you to Zhuhai International Circuit bus stop. From Jiuzhou Ferry Port, take bus no. 3 or no. 3A to Zhuhai International Circuit bus stop. From here, walk along Hagongda Road to the main gate of the circuit.

If hiring a car remember that International Driver's Permits are not recognised by China, so you will need to obtain a local licence to drive legally (get caught without one and the penalty is a 14-day jail term). As a consequence, most foreign visitors find it easier to hire a Chinese driver when renting a car - rates for this are relatively cheap and give the added advantage of not having to deal with Chinese traffic and questionable driving standards.

Results from Zhuhai

Race 1

MON ZHUHAI Race 1.jpg

Race 2

MON ZHUHAI Race 2.jpg

Race 3

MON ZHUHAI Race 3.jpg

Sorry @Maxmusmonster I rear ended you (ooh madam) at the start of the 488 race! I think Simba had a slow start in front of you.

It was a little bit messy all around at the beginning of the race. I'm considering maybe using a rolling start for the final 2 races. It might help prevent some of that.

Continuing thanks to @half_sourly and @AndreasR for their help keeping the scoring up to date. (1st page updated)
@John Wells for his photographs
And now @richroo for his videos!
👍 👍

I've got a idea pretty well sorted out for what I'm probably running next. It'll be a bit different again and hopefully keep you interested.

Don't forget @Don Mejillone

Now we have all calmed down is everyone equally f'd off at the manic race we had ?
Don't think i was deliberately targeted ,just had some normal bad luck . Didn't get to do many laps beforehand,so was lacking some brain cells .
still had fun looking forward to next one..

simba thought you could have taken some time to get to grips with the new wheel 🤬:banghead:

Last edited:
Now we have all calmed down
I never get worked up. Deep breath, count to 3 and relax. :)

Don't think i was deliberately targeted ,just had some normal bad luck
I did have a quick look and as far as I could see everything was just a case of drivers going a bit too fast in the wrong places and at the wrong time. Zuhai is very deceptive, it looks easier than it actually is. Quite a nice flow to it when you do get it right, but before that speed is your enemy!

simba thought you could have taken some time to get to grips with the new wheel
He just needed to figure out how to plug it all in, we know he can use it. :D

to see the entire pack racing off after being punted out of the lead at T1 was particularly galling.
I did look at that contact between yourself and Half* and put it down to a 1st corner racing incident. He did tap your rear right as you were turning in but it wasn't by that much. But as usual PC2's overblown contact physics came into play and you went shooting off into the sand. Luckily you ended up still pointing the right way and returned to the track quite quickly. Where you made up 8 places in one lap - so it wasn't all bad. ;)

As for waiting. It's fine if you can and feel the need to. But if Half had waited for you it would have caused a hazard to the rest of the field behind him, so in that case I'm glad he didn't. Returning the place has it's place as long as it's in the right place. So says Confucius.

*Perhaps it was the network problems you mentioned that wasn't quite updating the car positions correctly on you screen. Hopefully fixed now.

And on that note. To try and reduce such incidents in the faster Ferrari.
At Brno and Monza the 488 race will have a rolling start.

Basically just keep your foot to the floor. Bare in mind we'll arrive at the 1st corner faster (especially Monza chicane) but hopefully we'll be a little more spread out.
Sorry Rich no quick getaway for you, but you do have the 2 other races to impress in.

Back