• 170 comments
Results from Sugo

Race 1

Sugo Monday Race 1.jpg

Race 2

Sugo MON Race2.jpg

Race 3

Sugo MON Race3.jpg

Yesterday was first time ever I intentionally quit online race...
Ah, I did wonder what happened to you. Sorry to hear you weren't enjoying it as much as usual. We all have off days which usually result in off track days. :)

Compared with some of the other tracks Sugo is quite a narrow circuit in places so can perhaps be tricky to judge an overtake cleanly. And since it's also quite a fast circuit there's not too many spots to make that overtake.

All I can suggest Napalm is to enjoy the tactical battle of following close behind someone waiting for your chance to overtake rather than trying to force the pass. That's really general advice that also goes for everyone, although I think you all know what you're doing by now. ;)

From a different perspective, I had 3 really good races yesterday, which for some reason mostly featured close battles with @xeronima! The 488 race was marred a little by the penalty system, I came around a corner and was unlucky to hit a slightly sideways Xeronima. I was going to slow so we could continue our evening's scraps but the game thought I should give the place back. I did but by then I'd lost all momentum and Rich and Andreas also shot past. :dopey:

Fuji is fast and wide. Of course nobody will go off track there at all. :mischievous:

Last edited:
which for some reason mostly featured close battles with @xeronima! The 488 race was marred a little by the penalty system, I came around a corner and was unlucky to hit a slightly sideways Xeronima.

I was going more sideways than straight on Sugo. Sorry that you.i got caught up in it.

Fuji will be great. Except for turns 1,3,4,5 10,11 and 12 it's a great track with not too many challenges

Ah, John....you captured my #74 365 above, showing my smashed hood (sorry, bonnet)...must have suffered mechanical steering or suspension damage also, because I could barely drive the car the rest of the race! Very loose steering (felt like a 1959 Cadillac) and even more severe oversteer than normal. Would the mechanical damage setting cause this kind of damage effects? I used to think mech damage setting was only drive train related...?

yes paul we have been doing this for some time now
It sometimes feels like before the computer age. :D

The damage is set to visual only @Skip7950 so shouldn't have any performance or handling impact. That works best for our shorter races. I think that what it might be is the 365 just feels more sluggish after the lively 355 you just may think there's something wrong with it. There is quite some adjustment to be made between all 3 cars - the 2 mid-engined possibly less so.

It sometimes feels like before the computer age. :D

The damage is set to visual only @Skip7950 so shouldn't have any performance or handling impact. That works best for our shorter races. I think that what it might be is the 365 just feels more sluggish after the lively 355 you just may think there's something wrong with it. There is quite some adjustment to be made between all 3 cars - the 2 mid-engined possibly less so.
I know damages is set to visual only, but actually I was referring to 'mechanical failures'. I believe u have that set to 'on'...which does allow, along with drive train failures, for suspension damage in an accident (so I was told). That is what I think happened to me, because thru my practice and quali, and the first part of the 365 race, it was completely different car handling. Not complaining at all, cause the way I hit that wall, my goodness, I would expect suspension damage

Well that's a good question. Does the mechanical damage option being on have an effect from accidents? I've not considered it before. I know you can get engine and gearbox wear etc. Even brake failure is possible. But suspension and other damage from "incidents", I don't know. It would make sense in many ways. Perhaps some research is required. :)

Well that's a good question. Does the mechanical damage option being on have an effect from accidents? I've not considered it before. I know you can get engine and gearbox wear etc. Even brake failure is possible. But suspension and other damage from "incidents", I don't know. It would make sense in many ways. Perhaps some research is required. :)

Paul,
I just did that. The below info is pasted from projectcars.com. Check out last sentence about suspensions...

Mechanical Failures
Mechanical failures can be set to On, or Off. If Mechanical Failures is On, your driving style can have a direct impact on your car’s performance and reliability. Pushing an engine to its limits, over-revving on downshifts, and putting too much strain on the gearbox can cause temperatures to rise, which, if not brought down, can lead to a blown engine. Even running with insufficient engine cooling on a hot day means you run the risk of a failure, and consistently hitting kerbs can damage suspension.

Very interesting Skip, thanks.

Well then, even though we haven't got race impacting crash damage you can still potentially ruin your car in various other ways. Adds a bit of realism back. Although I expect it would take longer races than ours for the damage to take full effect.

I do remember breaking my brakes from overuse (abuse!) in one of Sick's early PC1 races. I've treated them a little more gently ever since.

I do remember breaking my brakes from overuse (abuse!) in one of Sick's early PC1 races. I've treated them a little more gently ever since.

I don't know why, but I had some issues with brakes in the second half of 3 race. From inside mirror looked I needed to start brake earlier than you and yours brake distance was shorter, so I couldn't defend my position :(.

I don't know why, but I had some issues with brakes in the second half of 3 race.
Oh right, interesting again. Maybe the mechanical damage is having more of an effect than we realise. As I mentioned above I do tend to go easy on my brakes, often braking less hard but earlier, perhaps that benefited me as the race progressed.

Latest Posts

Back