The FIA GT Manufacturer Series & Nations Cup Discussion and Race Calendar Overview Thread

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 436 comments

Which manufacturer will you sign your contract with?

• Total voters
Just a short rant, that hopefully doesn't sound racist lol

I've noticed that the Japanese drivers in both daily and FIA races are particularly ruthless in this driving style and managing to put you into the fence very efficiently. Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just imagining things? It might not be a problem for non-Asia Pacific racers as the game seems region based...

On another note, I've just been to do the last nations cup race before the top 24 stars race. Quali went VERY well and I got pole, which was a first for me, so I was stoked. The game then went to load the race... aaaaand it lost data and kicked us all out!!!! HOW FRUSTRATING.

So, off to bed on a bum note :(

Is PD really planning to have the real FIA season events take place in the current timeslots? I'm on the west coast of U.S. and our FIA times are 3-7pm. Which means if you keep regular working hours, you'll be lucky to even make one of the races each day, let alone warm up for any length of time beforehand. I believe some regions even have it worse, starting at midnight. Why aren't these races done at more reasonable hours for everyone?

Also, and somewhat related, it'd be great if PD allowed us to spectate the Top 24 events within the game. Right now they're simply an inconvenience for the 99% of us who aren't in the top 24, as it blocks out one of the few hours we have to race. In the case of my region, it blocks out one of the only reasonable evening hours available.

@Famine

Wondering if you have any thoughts about this... I'm an A/S driver, and for the past 3 seasons (including this new season), I've been put in the same room as DR-D's etc. But it's not consistent. Last week/season it happened 3 times and it's confusing me.

Tonight's Manufacturer Cup race at 6:10pm EST looked like this...

YCiVwE2.jpg

but tonight's Nation's Cup race at 7:00pm EST looked like this...

VedBdnU.jpg

Would you know of a reason why???

Cheers

Last edited:
Anyone got a guideline for tire wear and fuel consumptions? They just added it to FIA if im not mistaken which may be good but overall I like it less. Since im clueless on the tire wear constraints and fuel. No idea of the strategy if its going to be lean fuel and trying not to pit etc

Would you know of a reason why???
Couldn't say for sure. But the FIA races can only pick from the people that entered; perhaps you and the chap called "Syphilis" (really?) simply entered the second race at a more popular time, and the matchmaking system was able to put you with other DR S and A drivers.

I find it amazing that so many people managed to get an S rating whilst driving with D rated drivers.

No but the majority of the dirty rated drivers will be down at D/E level.

Not true at all, I was racing with B&C/S last night in the nations cup and was attacked several times when trying to overtake on the run down to the bottom of the hill and one idiot managed to swerve all over the track and block me for two laps until he went off (with a tiny amount of help!)

I have had some great races with D rated drivers

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't say for sure. But the FIA races can only pick from the people that entered; perhaps you and the chap called "Syphilis" (really?) simply entered the second race at a more popular time, and the matchmaking system was able to put you with other DR S and A drivers.

Thank you... I'll try later times to see if it helps at all. As you could imagine, points aren't plentiful unless your competition is up there.

Cheers

@Baron Blitz Red about you getting matched with D DR drivers, you probably had a low S SR rating, so you joined a room with people on the same condition than you.

Well, the two pics I showed above were on the same day and only one hour apart...

I'm usually a 99, but I will admit I've had the occasional SR drop depending on the daily's I enter... I will pay attention to this from now on though, as it does offer a possible explanation as to why.

Cheers

Last edited:
It's possible that on the first race you increased your SR S back to 99 and then got matched with 99s.

I can't remember to be honest, but it may be possible.

Getting back to your earlier point...

@Baron Blitz Red about you getting matched with D DR drivers, you probably had a low S SR rating, so you joined a room with people on the same condition than you.

Without knowing the threshold of what SR would drop me and the other A/S rated Canadian into a sub par room in one race, and then put both of us into a "normal" room the very next race, it's impossible to say.

I'm no expert on the subject, but in my opinion, it is easier to lose SR points than it is to gain them. I honestly don't know how many SR points anyone can gain in one race... but to have 2 separate A/S drivers be in such drastically different DR rated rooms in back to back FIA races made me wonder what was going on.

It's an interesting premise... one that I will try to pay more attention to, now that I know the possibility exists.

Cheers

Last edited:
That FIA Mount Panorama night race today was one of the worst online experiences I've had in GTS. Just absolute carnage.

What brand is the best after last changes and with fuel and tires consumption in FIA BRANDS/Manufactures?
Falls.:
-Chevrolet Corvette - is a tank on wheels,
- Subaru
- Noobs class like Beetle, Scirroco and Renault
Because I play more on the pad I would like it to be a well-driven car, any suggestions?

i think gr. 4 is m4 and gr. 3 viper both due the favor in fuel consumption. You can shift early with both cars and still be fast.

I am so sorry for not having updated the OP in forever.. Will try to post info about the upcoming real FIA season.. Glad to see people still use this thread though. :D

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180317221115.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180317221130.jpg

Tonight Superstars race at Monza.

Finished 9th but was very happy to find I was only one not to get a time penalty throughout the race. 👍

This night in the FIA Manufacturers Cup I became the unluckiest person alive.

Just before the second chicane (you know, that chicane where you go centimeters from the wall?) a guy in an F-type smashes into the wall, and me and an Aston Martin crash into him. When I got back into the track I was last.

I could do nothing but rage quit. I'd have gained almost no points anyway LOL

It’s a game alright - with real life rewards. I want a small trophy when the first season kicks off in April. Even if it’s a small «paper trophy» just for participaton. It would mean the world to me to get something, as a way of honoring my dad other than just playing. I want something on the shelf to be proud over. :)

I like your idea...

Back