The FIFA Bribe Scandal...

Infantino might be in trouble. He destroyed tapes of a meeting and now could face a suspension of 90 days.

Transparency.

FIFA must be trying to out FIFA themselves with the constant corruption allegations coming from those who said they'd rid FIFA of corruption. :lol:

To quote a bit of wisdom.

Do people really think that cutting out the rotten core will cure FIFA's problems? I hypothesise that it will simply lead to a new set of cronies. As alluded to earlier this isn't an altruistic effort, it's due to increasing sponsor pressure.

Nothing changes. Money rules the sport. Money destroys the sport.

Money rules the sport. Money destroys the sport.
Nonsense - the huge TV deals done by the Premier League and La Liga can only be good for the sport, after years of huge TV deals making it massively them & us.

Money!

SWISS investigators have searched the FIFA headquarters as the world football governing body revealed that former president Sepp Blatter and two of his deputies awarded themselves more than $80 million in often suspicious payments over the past five years.

On a day that FIFA also had to deny media reports that new president Gianni Infantino was under investigation, it said Blatter, former secretary general Jerome Valcke and finance director Markus Kattner made a coordinated effort to “enrich themselves” and that Swiss and US authorities were being informed.

Blatter is serving a six year suspension from football over a two million Swiss franc ($2 million, 1.8 million euros) payment made to former FIFA vice president Michel Platini. Valcke and Kattner have both been fired in recent months over World Cup ticket scandals and payments they received.

Switzerland’s Office of the Attorney (OAG) General said its investigators “carried out a search of FIFA’s headquarters” on Thursday as part of its inquiry into the football world governing body’s mismanagement and the awarding of World Cup tournaments.

“Documents and electronic data were seized and will now be examined to determine their relevance to the ongoing proceedings,” said the OAG.

FIFA said the search had concentrated on Kattner’s office.

I'm sure FIFA is trying to rid itself from corruption, but the problem is that it is so far in the only way out is to be more corrupt!

Breakaway federation. A new or even rival governing body. It's the only solution and only method of flushing these turds.

The problem is that the national FAs are just as bent and have been brown nosing FIFA since time immemorial and have criticised FIFA only when they need to cover their own backs and need to issue some propaganda to clean up their own image for tampering with the respective domestic games.

So you need breakaway national federations to form a breakaway intercontinental or global federation. Sigh.

Financial bobo Scala offered 1,7 million as salary for Infantino and he was offended by that offer, because that was only half of what Blatter earned.

A Swiss newspaper has put tapes online of Infantino being offended. If I can find time I'll post them.

This will never end with FIFA.

Edit.

Found them!

Last edited:
Infantino has advised several members of UEFA to not vote for van Praag, but instead vote for the Slovenian Ceferin, breaking yet another rule of the ethics commission.

How can someone with a clean sheet turn into a fraud so quickly?

Infantino has advised several members of UEFA to not vote for van Praag, but instead vote for the Slovenian Ceferin, breaking yet another rule of the ethics commission.

"Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely."

I don't know a thing about these two blokes but I'm inclined to go for the person that FIFA doesn't want to win it.

He was always dodgy and just never got caught, most likely answer.

Anyway with an elected person in charge they will always be corruption, as they are elected to favour the people who backed them, if they actually don't do this they will be just removed and replaced with someone who will allow corruption once more.

I believe there is potential for a narcos-style show about the FIFA officials. I know I'd watch it.

Fun fact: Barcelona earns more money for two months of TV deal than its country after a World Cup win.
And whichever team finishes last in the Premier League this season will earn more money than Real Madrid earned for winning the Champions League last season.

Related tangent: UEFA complicit in match fix scandal? Oh how I am shocked...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-37453762

Belgium's Anderlecht bribed the referee in the UEFA Cup semi-final second leg in 1984 against England's Nottingham Forest. The accusations went on for years, UEFA looked into it in 1997, gave Anderlecht a one-year ban and said they couldn't do anything else because it happened over 10 years ago.

But now facts have come to light that UEFA had all the required evidence as early as 1992, inside their claimed "statute of limitations" of 10 years, and just sat on it until it was safe to merely give them a slap on the wrist.

Meanwhile, Qatar is spending a staggering $500 million a week on the World Cup...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-38905510

... that'll be the 2022 World Cup by the way (i.e. the one that is still 5 years away), meaning that they are on track to have spent a frankly ludicrous $200 billion on hosting the tournament - that's more than the International Space Station has cost, and more than the projected cost of a manned mission to Mars. It would probably not be quite so distasteful if not for the abysmal conditions that many construction workers in Qatar currently endure, or the fact that current estimates say that hundreds of people have died in the construction of World Cup facilities in Qatar already... the world (cup) has gone mad.

Who pays Qatar all that money back if the World Cup was removed from them. They'd have a case if they was to be stripped with no proof the vote was rigged.

They'd have a case if they was to be stripped with no proof the vote was rigged.
Qatar could be stripped of the World Cup regardless of whether or not the decision to award them the World Cup was corrupt. However, if there is unequivocal proof that the vote to award the World Cup to Qatar was rigged, then FIFA should be taking action now before it is too late to reverse the decision. That said, there is precedent on this and it is not good - Sepp Blatter himself has said that the decision to award Russia the 2018 tournament was made before the vote was held, and also explains why the favourites to host the 2022 tournament, the USA, didn't get it and Qatar did. It is too late and politically impossible to strip Russia of the 2018 tournament, and so the Qataris could legitimately claim that FIFA cannot allow Russia 2018 to proceed but not Qatar 2022, at least not on the basis of a corrupt vote.

If only people would see how wrong it all is/goes and just boycott the whole ****.

This is why I'm not extremely bothered by Wales' WCQ campaigns. If we don't go to Russia or Qatar, I won't lose much sleep.*

I would be happy if the FAW boycotted these tournaments. But they won't.

No-one will.

(It's nice to have your excuses nice and early.)

If FIFA cancelled it they'd face serious legal action from Qatar and be forced to pay billions so not happening, though I would love a boycott.
This is why I'm not extremely bothered by Wales' WCQ campaigns. If we don't go to Russia or Qatar, I won't lose much sleep.*

I would be happy if the FAW boycotted these tournaments. But they won't.

No-one will.

(It's nice to have your excuses nice and early.)

Just because Ireland are tipping your group, is it? :P

Fwiw, I'd definitely go to Russia if they qualify, disappointed I didn't go to France this summer and don't want to miss the opportunity again.

If FIFA cancelled it they'd face serious legal action from Qatar and be forced to pay billions so not happening, though I would love a boycott.

Just because Ireland are tipping your group, is it? :P

Fwiw, I'd definitely go to Russia if they qualify, disappointed I didn't go to France this summer and don't want to miss the opportunity again.
As an Englishman them Russians sure looked like fun, I'd love to go meet them in their backyard [/sarcasm] (please don't hurt me).

Back