"...the first Forza being built from the ground up for PC..."

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 43 comments
At this point I have extremely EXTREMELY low standards. If they can deliver Forza 6 but with the classic tracks as expected on the Xbox One S then I'm good.

I'd be happy with even a few of the classics and not all of them. Bit of Maple? Bit of Sedona? bit of New York even?

Im excited for this, BUT microsoft better get over themselves and give proper support for the g29 on pc, or else im not buyin. I have forza 6 apex, and a g29 as i only own a pc and ps4. There is no h shifter support soley because microsoft decided to lock it out unless you have the xbox version of the g29, the 920. Also i feel the g29 isnt properly optimized, again cause they are trying to "punish" players who have the ps4/pc version of the wheel.

Here's the funny thing for me... Apex ran fine.

FH3 even in the last patches did not.

So what am I supposed to tthink? I bought FH3 based on the fact that I thought it would run well given Apex runs well and even now, it still doesnt.

I get that many people have seen improvements in FH3 but I havent and neither have many other people.

Is it my PC? Then why does Apex and everything else run fine.

To me FH3 on PC was solely about 60fps, something you cant do on console.

This isnt a thing for Forza 6/7 as its ALREADY 60fps on console.

I'm not sure I'll buy F7 day one.
Apex was based on FM6 which ran at 60fps on Xbox One.
Horizon 3 ran at 30fps on Xbox One.

Horizon 3 was always going to be much more graphically intensive than Apex. Simple as that. Throw more powerful PC hardware at it and you can play it just fine at 60fps.

On the subject of PC wheel support: "it felt exactly like the same truck in Forza 6" from ISR's show floor Drive of FM7:

Last edited:
Some people are still having issues with stutter even after the update which is the odd thing.

For me on a 980Ti i7 3930k it went from 1080p ultra 4xMSAA with stutter down to mid 40s in towns and forest to a solid 60fps with no drops at all. An unlocked frame rate in the infamous tram area gives over 30fps more and it isn't far of being able to hit 4K 60 no AA on ultra.

Perhaps a settings issue with frame rate smoothing and pre-rendered frames or CPU priority issue that only happens with some systems? Although some people have the same issue with a clean install too which makes me think it's a certain setting as it uses cloud saves.

Curious at the specs needed to run the game; I may make the switch and play it on PC at this point.

I wouldn't assume that. For the typical new PC games, if you want to run it with all of the eye candy on, you better have an i7 and 1080 GPU. If your GPU is 3+ years old, to get the 60 FPS, you'll probably need to run many of the settings on LOW. The "standards" for game performance on a console do not apply to PC gaming.

Not at all. I have a Core i5 and an Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti, as well as only 8GB of RAM, and I can currently play both Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 6 Apex at 1080p, high settings, and 60fps completely stable. Apex 6 actually has hit upwards of 120+ fps when I set the framerate to be unlocked (though my monitor can only do 60hz so it's not like I see a difference). You definitely don't need a high end i7 and 1080 GPU to play Forza.

My computer is definitely not as powerful as an Xbox One X, but I'm also not in the market to push 60fps at 4K, and even if I wanted to, instead of paying $499 to get an entire new system, I can pay $200 to get a new card that can easily push 60fps/4K.

Well they finally implemented dashcam in FM7. According to the comments below the VVV video unlike last year where dashcam was in the E3 FH3 demo but not in game, FM7 will have it in game:

That alone might get my purchase. Such a simple but essential thing...

Spec time:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/forza-motorsport-7-official-pc-system-requirements/

Minimum
Architecture: x64
Keyboard: Integrated Keyboard
Mouse: Integrated Mouse
DirectX: DirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
Memory: 8 GB
Video Memory: 2 GB
Processor: Intel i5-750 2.67 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GT 740 or NVIDIA GTX 650 or AMD R7 250X

Recommended
Architecture: x64
Keyboard: Integrated Keyboard
Mouse: Integrated Mouse
DirectX: DirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
Memory: 8 GB
Video Memory: 4 GB
Processor: Intel i5 4460 3.2GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 670 or NVIDIA 1050 Ti

Ordered this one today....

Yes the patches on FH3 on the PC were hit and miss but no denying that it looks amazing
I run a i3790k i7 (3 or 4 year old cpu now) and a GTX1080 and it just holds 60 at 1440p on very high detail levels.
I expect some new efficiencies in this new release since they presumably coded for PC from day 1

Either way - better than playing on straight xbone

Well they finally implemented dashcam in FM7. According to the comments below the VVV video unlike last year where dashcam was in the E3 FH3 demo but not in game, FM7 will have it in game:

That alone might get my purchase. Such a simple but essential thing...

Why is the sim racing community so insanely toxic? Just look at the comments on that video.

Why is the sim racing community so insanely toxic? Just look at the comments on that video.
Pretty simple really, there are some pathetic specimens in the gaming world who have too much time, money and emotion invested in one console or franchise and they can't help but attack anything else or defend their own. It's why I'm very happy I can buy them all and comment safe in the knowledge that my comments are not from such a position.

Last edited:
Crazy really .... why is more of a certain genre to cater for multiple platforms / audiences ever a 'problem' to be fought over...
I've always considered games like Gran Turismo / Forza to be semi-sim but tending towards the arcade side of the spectrum ... they're plenty of full-on sims and that's great too.... but yeah ... this endless tribalism is just toxic and unncecessary.

I used to love GT series but i found the further it went on the less fun i had with it .... i'd love a sim racer but don't have the gear or time to dedicate to the nuances that kind of game requires.... but fair play to those that do ... i am happy that the dev commuinity provide games that are pickup-putdown types like Forza Horizon / Motorsport....

Can't wait to get my hands on FM7 anyway ... i've loved playing FH3 on my PC

Pretty simple really, there are some pathetic specimens in the gaming world who have too much time, money and emotion invested in one console or franchise and they can't help but attack anything else or defend their own. It's why I'm very happy I can buy them all and comment safe in the knowledge that my comments are not from such a position.

I mean, I'm not gonna lie and say that I don't prefer Forza; everyone knows that.

I'm also not gonna lie and say that I don't comment on other racing games from time to time.

I however don't go out of my way to troll or talk crap about other games unless it is from personal experience or just common sense.

who told you you are reading sim community comments? if anything, these look like little boys butthurt comments I read there.

They occupy the comments of InsideSimRacing and TeamVVV.

Back