The Forgotten Cars of GT Sport

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cowboy
  • 37 comments
  • 3,120 views

Cowboy

Premium
Messages
5,681
United States
ND
Messages
RacingCowboy570
Cars are the core of GT Sport, next to tracks. We've been given a good variety via updates, however we tend to get caught up in the ones that dominate whichever class. This thread is for the ones that are rare occurrences for online lobbies, or for ones you may not have known even know existed. There's a bunch I can think of but for now I'll just name a few.

gts_car_076.jpg
gts_car_023.jpg
gts_car_047.jpg
gts_car_054.jpg
 
Not a fan of the SLS and I don't have or haven't even seen the Peugeot, but it looks epic and I will definitely take it for a spin when I happen to get it!
I really like the F-Type (great sound) and the Z4 is one of my favourite track cars (I first raced it in AC and then discovered that it's equally good in GT Sport too).
 
Funny you should post this...

Over the past week I've made a conscious effort to try out more of my 'unloved' cars sat in may garage, amongst them being both the Jaguar (GR3 version) and the SLS AMG GT3.

Not too sure on the Jag but immediately clicked with the SLS and am loving it...

Another car that doesn't get much love from me or see in Sport/Lobbies is the Corvette C7 GR3...
 
The Citroen GT is definitively one of them.

Pretty much haven't seen one since the release.
 
F-type is underused for sure. Solid car and i like to use it in the lobbies from time to time.

The Peugeot was used in a Tokyo Race this week. It was fun to drive and has some nice long stock gearing.

The SLS AMG makes beautiful scapes photos and I put some sweet liveries on it.

I want to see the Chevy NOVA used in a daily
 
I have maybe seen the Bugatti Veryon Gr. 4 once or twice since release in Sport Mode. Great sounding car and I like the default scheme.
 
Cars are the core of GT Sport, next to tracks. We've been given a good variety via updates, however we tend to get caught up in the ones that dominate whichever class. This thread is for the ones that are rare occurrences for online lobbies, or for ones you may not have known even know existed. There's a bunch I can think of but for now I'll just name a few.

View attachment 724259 View attachment 724260 View attachment 724261 View attachment 724262


Not going to lie, over the past two race series I've been racing with the Z4 since switching over to the G29 and it feels very good.

I'm surprised I've not seen many Dodge Vipers either when I've been online, on controller I can dominate with it on BoP settings. It's the only Gr.3 car that I can win daily races on. For some reason, the RSR and I do not get along very well - it baffles me as to why many people use it, that, and the M6 GT3.
 
Not going to lie, over the past two race series I've been racing with the Z4 since switching over to the G29 and it feels very good.

I'm surprised I've not seen many Dodge Vipers either when I've been online, on controller I can dominate with it on BoP settings. It's the only Gr.3 car that I can win daily races on. For some reason, the RSR and I do not get along very well - it baffles me as to why many people use it, that, and the M6 GT3.
I will use the GR3/4 Vipers at any opportunity, love them both, GR3 has wild understeer on corner exits so you’ve got to be gentle on the throttle but it’s a lot of fun, and definitely competitive
 
I will use the GR3/4 Vipers at any opportunity, love them both, GR3 has wild understeer on corner exits so you’ve got to be gentle on the throttle but it’s a lot of fun, and definitely competitive

Absolutely mate, couldn't agree more.

It's all about taming the ferocity of the Viper's throttle. I find it a whole lot easier to drive it on DS4, still trying to master it on my G29.

For comfort, I tend to use my Z4 and race it mainly in lobbies. No pressure, just the right weight and handles as smooth as Devonshire custard.

The savage power of the Viper brings challenge to the table and I find it quite exhilarating to race in the daily Gr.3, man's going to have a heart attack at some point though, haha.
 
Both the AMG and the Z4 were underestimated /underrated by Poliphony for GTS.. in real Racing they are Strong Beasts... abd excelent racing machines... so only Poliphony is to blame for this cars being less used by GTS players.. pure and simply...
 
Buggatti Gr. 4 for me heheh. I rarely go to Gr. 4 lobbies but it's one of my mains, especially if BoP is not turned on
Where else have you seen a sub-1000kg Buggatti Veyron?
 
I proudly rep the Corvette and GT-R Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars from time to time as they are my favourites aesthetically and IRL. And the Lexus RC F Gr.3 is very nice to drive but no one uses it.
 
I proudly rep the Corvette and GT-R Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars from time to time as they are my favourites aesthetically and IRL. And the Lexus RC F Gr.3 is very nice to drive but no one uses it.

I tend to drive the Corvette and Lexus from time to time.

I find the 'vette to be very good on tracks that requires you to maintain speed for long periods of time, such as Nurburgring for example.

Regarding the Lexus, it's alright but I find it spins out waaaaaaay too easily.

Bear in mind, I only ever play with TCS turned off - probably hindering myself there.
 
Both GT-R's.... I drive them 98 out of 100 races but rarely see other people driving them...
The GTR gr4 used to be the best cars to drive, and its been nerfed to hell. it is the most planted Gr4 car though, but it cannot get away on the straights like it did before 1.05
 
Both the AMG and the Z4 were underestimated /underrated by Poliphony for GTS.. in real Racing they are Strong Beasts... abd excelent racing machines... so only Poliphony is to blame for this cars being less used by GTS players.. pure and simply...

That’s not the reason why they’re forgotten cars. If even one seems to be slightly dominant in the meta, all of the casuals or bandwagoneers will gravitate towards it until it gets nerfed. Same with shooters, fighting games or anything. Other stuff gets left behind in the meta game usually, and only the people who want to be original or test their skills use the less competitive options.

Not saying that they aren’t awfully balanced or anything, but people tend to gravitate towards anything that will give them even the slightest advantage.
 
Last edited:
Always shout towards hyundai for rarity of use. I blame tokyo drift for making hyundais unpopular. Nsx is also a rare car, probs because its 🤬.

 
Last edited:
I rarely see Gr.4 RC Fs. I'm the only one I see, use it.
 
I have not seen a Jag since Circuit Experience and a Veyron....maybe never. Audis also fell off the face of the earth after the first couple seasons.
 
Acura / Honda NSX..... seriously have seen it on sport mode maybe twice.

I use the Z4 a lot....and ever since the BOP updates, I haven't seen anymore Meganes!!!
 
I don't think I've ever seen a McLaren in any race, ever. Even in lobbies, they are mostly non-existent.

I heard before that McLaren Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars were generally some of the weakest in class -- I wonder if that is still true after the update.
 
The Peugeot is my favorite Gr.3. Funny thing is, I don' remember if I bought it or if I got it free but I've loved it ever since. It is a great sounding car. It has a touch of understeer though. Here' a Daily Race C with it, enjoy:
 
I use the Z4 a lot....and ever since the BOP updates, I haven't seen anymore Meganes!!!

TT cup is the new Megane.
 
A helpful thing would be, if PD deletes the cars in the Top10 list!
So the scrubs won't always pick what they see there. ;)

Btw, I'm glad we dont see this fugly Peugeot that much. This thing hurts to look at :scared::lol:
 
The Peugeot VGT Gr. 3 was pretty common in this past Sunday's Tokyo Expressway race.
 
I don't think I've ever seen a McLaren in any race, ever. Even in lobbies, they are mostly non-existent.

I heard before that McLaren Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars were generally some of the weakest in class -- I wonder if that is still true after the update.
I have yet to see a Gr.4 650S anywhere. I personally like the car because I think of it as a baby GT3 :lol:

Also, I do believe both Mclarens got a nerf in one of the updates.
 
Peugeot has another VGT with something like 250-275 HP, super lightweight and 4wd. I like it a lot.
 
I was driving the Gr.3 SLS at Bathurst yesterday and it was rock solid for me. Only a 2:03 flat but its power delivery made it easier to deal with and therefore easier to find some consistency. Had nothing on those top tier S drivers but held off just about everyone else.
 
Back