The Fun Factor...

United States
U.S.A.
Now... I'll admit to not purchasing GTS yet, mainly because I'm doing the wait and see, so this is not another "dis thread" especially to GTS. It could apply to many of the newer race games as well. I'll try and explain what I refer to as the GT fun factor. Having played GT3, GT4, GT5 over the many years and having played them to their full extent, (...and I mean full !), I just feel that from what I've been reading and seeing here, is that GTS is missing that childhood type of toy-ish Christmas-e thing I call the racing game fun factor. After all it is a game and not meant to annoy, frustrate, or basically get one po'd, angry, or mad. Hell, at might old age, I might have a heart attack lol .... Anyway, first, the graphics display, yes, are very good and actually exceptional from the vids I've seen, but sometimes I feel maybe less is more in the gaming department. In a effort by various gaming companies to create real life graphics they have become almost to good, and imho have lost that fun toy-ish gaming experience. Also, to much online control seems to be the norm now of the game itself. Many won't admit that they loved the cheats, hybrids, much excitement when finding a Easter egg or two and so on. There are many other things of the past GT's that go into this realm of the GT fun factor, but I think you get my drift. Sometimes a picture says a thousand words, kinda what I mean...

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09 Special Paint Color 5727cc.jpg

Last edited:
Now... I'll admit to not purchasing GTS yet, mainly because I'm doing the wait and see, so this is not another "dis thread" especially to GTS. It could apply to many of the newer race games as well. I'll try and explain what I refer to as the GT fun factor. Having played GT3, GT4, GT5 over the many years and having played them to their full extent, (...and I mean full !), I just feel that from what I've been reading and seeing here, is that GTS is missing that childhood type of toy-ish Christmas-e thing I call the racing game fun factor. After all it is a game and not meant to annoy, frustrate, or basically get one po'd, angry, or mad. Hell, at might old age, I might have a heart attack lol .... Anyway, first, the graphics display, yes, are very good and actually exceptional from the vids I've seen, but sometimes I feel maybe less is more in the gaming department. In a effort by various gaming companies to create real life graphics they have become almost to good, and imho have lost that fun toy-ish gaming experience. Also, to much online control seems to be the norm now of the game itself. Many won't admit that they loved the cheats, hybrids, much excitement when finding a Easter egg or two and so on. There are many other things of the past GT's that go into this realm of the GT fun factor, but I think you get my drift. Sometimes a picture says a thousand words, kinda what I mean...

View attachment 699491

I got to tell you , I had the same feelings , I didn’t have a ps4 a few ago. Just an OG Xbox one and PC . Got Pcars 2 for the Xbox and liked it but I was disappointed by the graphics. I was in need of a second system (kids) and went ahead and got a ps4 pro for improved Pcars visuals and performance, played the heck out of it but wasn’t having much fun actually racing . It was more like try not crash challenge. So I got GTS last Friday. My expectations were not very high but everything I thought about GTS was WRONG. This game is beautiful, the cars feels just freaking right to me , the tracks fun , the user interface beautiful the racing a blast. I’m 34 played every GT since the original and loved them all . This game retains much of the charm and feel, and it really shines were it matters most , driving dream cars around a track with opponents or against the clock. It it is fun. Not as boring or limiting as it looks on paper or what you read. You really have to try it.

I share a lot of your feelings but have thoroughly enjoyed most of the game.

Yes there is the odd race that is a nightmare, but if you enjoy taking your time to learn a track, put the time into qualifying and stick to the longer races, you will find it immense fun.

The upcoming patch with enhanced single player will omly add to it.

View attachment 699491
Non sense post.

Once you play Sport mode, you won't go back.

Oddles of fun it is.

I assume you like ramming AI and winning. If thats fun factor for you then you should stay away from GT Sport Mode.

Not going at you but your post is totally illogical.

Non sense post.

Once you play Sport mode, you won't go back.

Oddles of fun it is.

I assume you like ramming AI and winning. If thats fun factor for you then you should stay away from GT Sport Mode.

Not going at you but your post is totally illogical.

Lobby mode doesn't get the credit it deserves sometimes. The most exciting clean races I've ever had are in Lobby :) Sport mode is ok though, just want setups.

If you actually played it, turned off TCS/stability control and just felt the physics involved that let you push and push the car to the limit you'd know it's actually the most fun GT ever.

It's got all the GT presentation style of old, but it actually feels like a 21st century simulator, too.

Sport mode = intense racing against real people. Great fun and extremely satisfying. The odd bit of contact but then thats racing.

Offline AI racing - managed to win on the highest level around brands hatch using the motion controller driving one handed whilst drinking a cup of tea and eating a cake. AI racing is dull as dishwater but an easy way to accumulate some cash.

Don't mistake the posts about frustrating experiences for not having fun with the game. If there was no fun people wouldn't bother to complain about the few times it's not as fun.

The lobbies are still as free to do as ever, while sport mode, although sometimes flawed, is miles ahead of any other racing games random matchmaking. Getting a clean race against 20 other drivers of similar skill is something I had never experienced before GT Sport. It's so much fun that yes, you will be complaining when there are a couple people trying to ruin it. Yet you will keep coming back for more.

Back