The Future of GT Vehicle Tuning/Modification

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 30 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg
Tayeedz1
Good Day Kaz, is all well ?

Modification plays a huge role in the GT series to many players and with the recent collaborations with KW Suspension and Yokohama has had a dramatic yet good change to the way the suspension and tyre model behaves in game.

In the future of Vehicle Modification and tuning, what can we expect?
Can we expect new additions to the tuning/modification menus like:
  • Changing more engine components as opposed to previous games like cams, valves, ignition, stroking and maybe bringing back features like port polishing and each component affecting the way the engine behaves and being able to adjust these features.
  • Injectors and Fuel upgrades that can affect both performance and fuel economy.
  • Being able to adjust boost on forced induction parts as well as having the ability to change engine aspiration and even the option to Twin Turbocharge. Even to add to the sound update: Blow off valves and external wastegates.
  • Engine cooling and Oil Cooling which if not done can fluctuate the horsepower in race.
  • Interior changes like sports steering wheels, sports seats and even roll cages
  • Being able to adjust tyre pressure and wideness.
  • Collaborations with other tuning firms and companies (Heck HKS can beast with Turbos and exhausts.)
  • The ability to auction player tuned vehicles online with even the ability to hide the specifications for uniqueness.
  • And many many more
I feel if there's more variety and freedom to the players that want to modify and tune their vehicles, then players can create vehicles that can perform astonishingly well to the way they play. This can give GT a certain uniqueness which other games can find difficult, if not impossible to replicate. Your team is doing an amazing job already, can we dream more of such from PD to make a reality soon?

Last edited:
Yay I finally have a good question :dopey:

It can only get better if something is said about it.

Good question, this needs to go to the top. That's the only problem.

Btw, In my opinion, I'd add to the interior bit a feature like this "The removal of unnecessary seats, panels and sound proofing depending on the weight reduction stage chosen." That would give a good cosmetic look and would make each car look unique not only on the outside but inside aswell.

This, along with the livery editor in another question, are two must have features in the game to compete with other racing games such as forza

The removal of unnecessary seats, panels and sound proofing depending on the weight reduction stage chosen." That would give a good cosmetic look and would make each car look unique not only on the outside but inside aswell.
Seriously doubt it, they can't even make interiors for all cars.

Yes, but most Premiums have interiors, so Gamer's suggestion makes sense. It is weird when I "race mod" an F430 with full weight reduction and the interior is still there.

In any case, I was thinking that this level of tuning could possibly be too involved for the typical GT fan. But then again, as with the tuning options we have now, most people have enough sense not to mess with what they can't understand. I'm an options kind of guy, and the more options, the better.

yes! with the livery editor and the other cosmetic stuff (body kits, roll cages, race seats, steering wheels.) even if it is not under aftermarket brands (rocket bunny etc..) but pd makes them and there is no licensing issues!
a dream come true. :dunce:

Yes, but most Premiums have interiors, so Gamer's suggestion makes sense. It is weird when I "race mod" an F430 with full weight reduction and the interior is still there.

In any case, I was thinking that this level of tuning could possibly be too involved for the typical GT fan. But then again, as with the tuning options we have now, most people have enough sense not to mess with what they can't understand. I'm an options kind of guy, and the more options, the better.

Maybe for those who don't want to be in-depth can have the option to chose ready made and tuned packages like (dare I say it) "Stage Tuning" I like them options too yo

yes! with the livery editor and the other cosmetic stuff (body kits, roll cages, race seats, steering wheels.) even if it is not under aftermarket brands (rocket bunny etc..) but pd makes them and there is no licensing issues!
a dream come true. :dunce:

It would be unstoppable, Especially since PD worked with aftermarket brands I'm sure people like HKS, AC Schnitzer, Cosworth, Prodrive etc would love to have a piece in GT dedicated to them. Particularly thw Japanese Tuning house brands would give some edge.

I'd love to see Hot Version commenting and aiding with development to GT tuning and stuff. Kurosawa Gan San, Keiichi Tsuchiya aiding PD in tuning development oh the dreams guys!

I'd love to tune vehicles like this

I was playing GT3 and GT4 the other day. I miss having more options. However this time I'd love even more to modify and tune a unique vehicle :D

I would like to see all kinds of events from PD for not just racing in leagues, but tuning cars in various classes and makes. I don't they could, or should, create all that many single player events. Just a good range of a few of them. More specific events could be made for online Specials, or by us in the Event Maker - which hopefully is fully formed in GT7.

Makes me wonder how they'll pull this off. GT4 had some nice modification options and what I really liked was to go the Tuning Cars menu and purchase products like from HKS or Blitz. Maybe in GT7 this could happen with better effect and even have stickers to add to your car as brand loyalty :D

Played NFS Underground earlier, I hope the tuning and customization in GT7 is like NFS Underground and Underground 2. However, there may be still standard quality cars, so it will only happen to premium cars.

Nice in theory but many cars standard statistics have errors & the tuning parts are generally just inventions by PD.
For power just add bits & slide the power limiter till you get what you want.
Weight reduction is normally a joke to, stage 3 weight reduction is pure fantasy for most cars & should be horrifically expensive.
Look at cars you or your mates have tuned or in game cars from tuners to see that. You might lose a bit of weight, it might however actually be heavier by the time tuning parts are installed.
Weight reduction in this game is pure fantasy yet due to the gains most people seem to use stage 3

So we got gauges now. It's a sign for things to come? Maybe not GT6 but GT7?
The gauges are a nice curiousity, but I'd rather they put their time into stuff that has meaning in the game from a performance standpoint. Like a tire temperature gauge where grip and wear are affected by how close you keep the tires to optimium temperature through smooth, spirited driving. Or a meter to measure clipping on your wheel. Stuff that is useful, not just window dressing.

True, but does this detract (in a major way) from any other section of the game? Only a small section of time went into building this by a modeler, so we haven't lost any programming time.

True, but does this detract (in a major way) from any other section of the game? Only a small section of time went into building this by a modeler, so we haven't lost any programming time.
Of course you lost something, features don't appear out of thin air.

Well, yes, but my point is this: modelers don't program the events or new functions, so did we not get another building (or few) on a track they are building/upgrading, or did we REALLY lose progress on a new function?

Well, yes, but my point is this: modelers don't program the events or new functions, so did we not get another building (or few) on a track they are building/upgrading, or did we REALLY lose progress on a new function?
I don't know what the tradeoff is, but there's always a tradeoff.

Good Day Kaz, is all well ?

Modification plays a huge role in the GT series to many players and with the recent collaborations with KW Suspension and Yokohama has had a dramatic yet good change to the way the suspension and tyre model behaves in game.

In the future of Vehicle Modification and tuning, what can we expect?
Can we expect new additions to the tuning/modification menus like:
  • Changing more engine components as opposed to previous games like cams, valves, ignition, stroking and maybe bringing back features like port polishing and each component affecting the way the engine behaves and being able to adjust these features.
  • Injectors and Fuel upgrades that can affect both performance and fuel economy.
  • Being able to adjust boost on forced induction parts as well as having the ability to change engine aspiration and even the option to Twin Turbocharge. Even to add to the sound update: Blow off valves and external wastegates.
  • Engine cooling and Oil Cooling which if not done can fluctuate the horsepower in race.
  • Interior changes like sports steering wheels, sports seats and even roll cages
  • Being able to adjust tyre pressure and wideness.
  • Collaborations with other tuning firms and companies (Heck HKS can beast with Turbos and exhausts.)
  • The ability to auction player tuned vehicles online with even the ability to hide the specifications for uniqueness.
  • And many many more
I feel if there's more variety and freedom to the players that want to modify and tune their vehicles, then players can create vehicles that can perform astonishingly well to the way they play. This can give GT a certain uniqueness which other games can find difficult, if not impossible to replicate. Your team is doing an amazing job already, can we dream more of such from PD to make a reality soon?
yes please. this game needs centerlocks too, for a solid racing look.

Back