The future of the Car of the Month thread! See update post!

United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd
As many of you may (or may not) be aware, CoTM has been around basically since the release of GT6. Hosted by @DigitalBaka and @XS. I took over in October of '14, and have had a blast. Many have joined in with great tunes, leading some to open garages, and encouraging others to join in the tuning forum by posting their tunes. Others have given some great suggestions on cars to pick for the month. Other months I have tried to choose little used cars, or those which I felt would make for a fun month.

As of late, my time spent here on the Planet posting, as well as actual playtime on GT6 have been cut. Having less time has resulted in most of my playing time being consumed, I take the thread serious but it has lead me to grow a bit weary.

So, although I do have an idea or two for January, I feel it might be best to pass the torch to the person willing to take over and make these threads their own. If anyone is interested, please post your thoughts here. I do not want the CoTM to go away and will
continue until another host is found.

Thank you to all who have made this fun and who have contributed. And a special thanks goes to @shaunm80 who really tried to help the idea grow early on. And to @DaBomm4 for keeping the archives and for car suggestions.

*** EDIT: See this updated post please! here

Last edited:
As many of you may (or may not) be aware, CoTM has been around basically since the release of GT6. Hosted by @DigitalBaka and @XS. I took over in October of '14, and have had a blast. Many have joined in with great tunes, leading some to open garages, and encouraging others to join in the tuning forum by posting their tunes. Others have given some great suggestions on cars to pick for the month. Other months I have tried to choose little used cars, or those which I felt would make for a fun month.

As of late, my time spent here on the Planet posting, as well as actual playtime on GT6 have been cut. Having less time has resulted in most of my playing time being consumed, I take the thread serious but it has lead me to grow a bit weary.

So, although I do have an idea or two for January, I feel it might be best to pass the torch to the person willing to take over and make these threads their own. If anyone is interested, please post your thoughts here. I do not want the CoTM to go away and will
continue until another host is found.

Thank you to all who have made this fun and who have contributed. And a special thanks goes to @shaunm80 who really tried to help the idea grow early on. And to @DaBomm4 for keeping the archives and for car suggestions.
Thank you for the acknowledgement. I try and gather the troops from my garage each month to take part and sometimes it works well. I understand that your time needs to be spent else where and hope that someone else can take this excellent thread.

This thread, along with the FITT events is the main reason I keep playing this game so thank you for being a great thread host for the past year. I have thoroughly enjoyed the car choices each month and hope to enjoy them for some time to come.

I wish I had enough time to devote to something like this. Although I might right this week or so, my life/job changes so fast, which is what makes it hard to commit to anything with time limits. I give you a ton of credit for what you have done to this point.
That was one of the first things I looked at when I first started tuning again, was the COTM threads I missed while I was gone. Excellent work bro.

I wish I had enough time to devote to something like this. Although I might right this week or so, my life/job changes so fast, which is what makes it hard to commit to anything with time limits. I give you a ton of credit for what you have done to this point.
That was one of the first things I looked at when I first started tuning again, was the COTM threads I missed while I was gone. Excellent work bro.
Thanks, I really appreciate that. I'm going to continue with it, but feel my time is not what it needs to be to really keep it where it has been. Would like to see if anyone else wants a crack at it for a while.

I would take over for you sir. But my playtime is extreamly low right now 1-3 hours 4 days a week. and it will remain there for the foreseeable future. GT7 might be out before I get any measurable amount of time again. :lol:
It's a just fact of life as time moves along so do our situations. @coryclifford I think you would be great for running CoTM, you have ample time, (I wish you the best in reducing you ample time to play problem as well) you know the cars pretty well. Just have to be willing to take bunches of other peoples cars out every month.

I may have come up with a temporary solution to my problem. Have a really crazy idea, and ironically, spent way too much time researching last night. Need to think it through a bit more, but it would turn the thread in a different direction for a month or two, perhaps three even, it might be fun. In the meantime, I will still be considering turning over host duties to anyone interested. But since most seem to be in the same boat, rowing with a hole in the oar and bottom of the boat, I will do my best to keep it going and fun.

As a beginner tuner your Cotm editions were great for me to try out tuning lots of different cars over the past 3 months, huge fan of the threads. As much as it would suck to see you go as a host, its perfectly understandable as I have been dealing with the lack of time problem myself. I'm looking forward to that crazy idea though.

So I'm going to continue with the CoTM, as mentioned I have a really off the wall crazy idea. Hope it goes over well, as one thread will continue for several months. Four months actually, January thru April with the potential to go thru May and even maybe June. If all works well and the thread stays alive anyway.
After that time, I will either be looking for someone else to host or perhaps we could have others take turns doing a month. If not, and if my situation does not change, the thread may fade away. I have thoroughly enjoyed doing these threads, and hope my new look for the new year goes over well.
All this said, still have not been able to finish off a few of the tunes, but have made sure I have tested at least one tune from each tuner. Christmas is a busy yet wonderful time for my family and may prevent me from finishing, but I will be trying to do so.

Back