The Future of the GT6 Course Maker

• Thread starter elston87
  • 12 comments

What do you think will happen to the Course Maker in the future?

• Extinction: PD discontinues the online services, rendering the Course Maker lost forever

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Retribution: Other users take action to keep the Course Maker alive after online service discontinue

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Consolation: PD (somehow) perserves the Course Maker, even after online services discontinue

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other: Share your thoughts below

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
United States
Las Vegas, NV
K_E_87th
(Mods, if this thread was posted in the wrong board, please move it to an appropriate board, as I didn't know what board would be best to post this thread in)

After a year's hiatus from Gran Turismo 6 and the series in general, another spark has came to ignite my flame of interest. This past holiday, I had received a racing wheel for Christmas (a Driving Force Wireless, nonetheless, but regardless) and it has gave me a completely new experience with the game. And to my recent discovery, the community has been quite busy with modifications to the Course Maker to share amazing and unique creations that nobody would have ever thought were to come into fruition, from to-scale recreations of real-life and video-game circuits and courses, to extreme jumps, turns, banks, and just overall craziness that nobody would have ever deemed possible.

This alone has gave me a new sense of enjoyment for playing Gran Turismo 6 again; it's like I am playing the game again for the first time (which can be seen as a good or bad aspect for some) and I'm enjoying every minute spent, every mile driven, every race won & lost, and every car's personality with my new wheel.

To get to my point, the GT6 Course Maker is a strictly online feature all the way around, much to my dismay. On top of having to sync your courses to the GT6 servers to successfully import them into the game, you need to remain signed-in to PSN to even play/access the courses at all. This alone has me quite worried for the future of the GT6 Course Maker, and everyone's creations will be forever lost once GT6's online services are put to an end.

With these recent awesome developments to creating amazing courses for Gran Turismo 6, I once had a previous thought about the Course Maker's future. These new developments with creating very enjoyable courses for the game now have me more worried than ever. Least to say, I am soaking it up while I still can.

To summarize, what do you think will eventually happen to the GT6 Course Maker? Will it be salvaged? Will it be permanently lost forever in code? Share and discuss your thoughts below; I'm curious on the thoughts of other users, especially how since the Course Maker has rekindled interest in the game for lots of players, myself included.

Sad to say but it will probably be dead when servers go down. All of GT5 online features were gone when they pulled the plug, even stuff that they could have easily patched to work offline (like the online car lot). With GTS PD is gonna need every server space they've got, so I can't see them maintaining the course maker app anymore. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Hmm, wishful thinking has me feeling that'll go on supported by the users. I've seen it before. Yet at the same time, it might get dropped altogether to force you to pay full price for their newly, gift wrapped, **** sandwich.

Why end GT6 TPE, If we started paying to put tracks on line for both gt6 & 7 by acquiring a license to post a track, it would pay for the servers and this wouldn't end the issue on servers costs. Because thats PD big issue, money. So we pay $1.00 per mile, because people will pay to place their track online.

Why end GT6 TPE, If we started paying to put tracks on line for both gt6 & 7 by acquiring a license to post a track, it would pay for the servers and this wouldn't end the issue on servers costs. Because thats PD big issue, money. So we pay $1.00 per mile, because people will pay to place their track online.

£1 per mile would cost you a fortune looking at how long your tracks are roger lol

Yes $660.00 us dollars for 30 - 22 mile tracks. and 30 - 6.25 mi. tracks is $187.50 us. Plus this would help pay to keep GT6 alive. and hopefully we get updates to TPE & GT6, which is long overdue. Most important upgrade the servers.

please note, That I forgot to say, that we would also get all aspect of track path editors tools, like; tunnels, bridges, telephone poles, rocks, trees, removal of guard rails, other features, etc.

I think PD doesn't pay someone to do these things, and well so it's possible but I'm not expecting anything. But a few propellerheads will eventually get their "horse flogger" access.

I'm hoping they don't cut the servers till PSN itself gets cut from PS3 console generation. That's wishful thinking but to think only 2-3 years ago Battlefield servers were cut from PS2, makes me hopeful.

yeah that's true. There were some early rumours of PSN being cut in 2018 but I don't think that will happen considering the playerbases on PS3. I reckon if PS5 releases from 2019-2022 then within three years after, PS3 servers will be shut. Should be enough time for most users to at least upgrade to PS4 and be happy.

Back