The game is unplayable on base ps4

• Thread starter Stakado
  • 23 comments
pof
Seriously. In the 1.05 the game run pretty smooth, any fps drop here and there but this is all
In the 1.06, the rain on some tracks like spa causes huge fps drops and stuttering when you have cars in front of you, but now, in the 1.08, I have massive fps drops and stuttering in every scenarios, even when I go alone on the track in a sunny day.
Nurburgring gp and cataluña is a pain in the ass, and I cannot turn and brake property.
It's not my PS4, gt Sport runs at 60fps or pretty close.
Anyone like me?

Last edited:
No.

Spent some time on Red Bull Ring, at Touring Car 600 Championship Race, which is on rain then drying track, no problem at all.

original spec PS4, I did a race at Spa wasn’t raining but the clouds were interesting and there was mist on sections of the track and the frame rate was awful like playing in slow motion, smooth, not stuttering. Definitely worse since 1.07/8

No.

Spent some time on Red Bull Ring, at Touring Car 600 Championship Race, which is on rain then drying track, no problem at all.
PS4 fat?
A strange thing I notice is when the game take control of your car at the race end, the framerate is perfect, it's like I pass from 30fps to 60fps when I cross the line of the last lap

Last edited:
PS4 fat?
A strange thing I notice is when the game take control of your car at the race end, the framerate is perfect, it's like I pass from 30fps to 60fps when I cross the line of the last lap
Yes a fat one.

2013 PS4 fat here and I agree, but I've been having issues since day1. The framerate drop is atrocious.
Even in some photomode circumstances when you turn the camera around the car on the track.

I knew this was going to to happen since the cyberpunk controversy.

GTS, on the other hand doesn't give these problems, for obvious reasons (they added details and stuff in GT7)

Last edited:

i record a video

2013 PS4 fat here and I agree, but I've been having issues since day1. The framerate drop is atrocious.
Even in some photomode circumstances when you turn the camera around the car on the track.

I knew this was going to to happen since the cyberpunk controversy.

GTS, on the other hand doesn't give these problems, for obvious reasons (they added details and stuff in GT7)
look at photo mode

I have noticed the decrease in running quality over the last two patches, but I wouldn't say it's "Unplayable" for me. I run on a Base 'fat' Ps4.

Blow your system out with compressed air if you can, when it gets too hot it throttles the performance

PS4 pro, frame drops are common for me in cockpit view on any track with other cars visible. Time trial is fine and smooth.

Spa with anything less than clear weather is awful drops no matter the camera view. The gt3 race is a slideshow there.

Instead I choose to force the PS4 into 1080p mode so it runs the base PS4 resolution. This fixes all FPS issues, adds motion blur similar to GTS and offers (unstable) 60fps replays.

Not sure a locked 60fps is going to be possible on base PS4 with the current state of things, such that it takes a pro at 1080p to achieve that..

I'm hoping PD fix the major issues before pulling the trigger, but since I'm looking to get a PS4 Pro, I will only play this on a 1080p monitor anyway.

GT Sport go smooth. And my PS4 isnt hot, the fan is neraly inaudible
Game pushes the ps4 about 10% harder than sport, it's hard to tell temperatures, especially from base model ps4's as the TIM starts to dry up

PS4 slim. No unusual graphic issues. Some minor warping occasionally but that happened in GTS too for me.

I have some videos in my sig. Friday Lobby races on GTS and GT7. This Fri was week 3 into GT7. I think the lobby is about half-half PS5-PS4. Quality of the graphics and connecection has been consistent between the 2 games. Setting up the lobby is harder now but once it's started maybe it's been slightly better with less disconnects and start glitches. I stress slightly.

Same here with a Ps4 Fat, it's really annoying especially because no review talked about that, they say there's barely a few fps drops when in replay mode and a lot of vehicule are visible.

But there's quite a lot of fps drop on different tracks and always at the same places when we can see the horizon and other cars.

Personnaly I would not mind a tiny graphic degradation instead of the fps drop which makes me loose my focus while I'm driving...

PS4 slim user here... Is the "stuttering" you guys are talking about look like lag? Like every car I saw in my lobby replays was shimmying back and forth.

Last edited:
PS4 slim user here... Is the "stuttering" you guys are talking about look like lag? Like every car I saw in my lobby replays was shimmying back and forth.
Yes, stuttering it's like the images freezes for 0.05s a then go forward at 1.5x for a second

Really annoying

Back