The Generation Game: BMW M3

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 41 comments

BMW M3

• Fifth Generation (2014-2019 F80)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sixth Generation (2020-present G80, G81)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This.

I like all M3's but E30 was built to take it racing, every other M3 has been built because they know they'll sell them.
Even then, BMW produced more E30 M3s then were needed for homologation. They were only required to build 5000 to be homologated and a further 500 for each 'evolution' model. But they ended up making around 18,000.

Great idea for a thread @Liquid and good choice of car to kick it off. I can think of many cars that have a good history of multiple generations to continue on with.

This is a tight one for me between the E30 and E46. Ultimately the E30 gets my vote for those 4 headlights and being the one that kicked it off.
The fact I was a sucker for Group A racing in the day probably contributed to my vote also.

An hour or two until this poll closes, thanks very much for kick-starting this off with a good discussion. I'll create another one and see how it goes but I'm pleased with this pilot thread.

Next one will be up shortly.

2nd generation going by looks, the 1st and 3rd are very close behind it. 4th generation is the best n/a. S58 is the best motor and the best overall. The only correct answer is to get one of each

No wrong answer here...

Like everyone, E30 is the answer, but
Will go with the least loved E36...

The E46 basically the Goldilocks of M3
Almost bought the LCi E90, but went with the F30 N55 instead.
But the F80 is better,
Which topped by the G80.

No wrong answer here...

Like everyone, E30 is the answer, but
Will go with the least loved E36...

The E46 basically the Goldilocks of M3
Almost bought the LCi E90, but went with the F30 N55 instead.
But the F80 is better,
Which topped by the G80.
Challenge accepted....

I don't like any of them.

60s & 70s Italian coupes and sports cars. A lot of French and British cars. Cars that, generally speaking, think outside the (3) box.

FYI I live in NZ now but I am originally from England. So I appreciate the Aussie cars (I do really like the VE commodore) but they're not the top of my list.

I had a silver 1996 E36 328i manual
Screenshot_20240613-063845.png

So I am a little bias towards this car
Really love the E36

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back