The Gentlemen's Virtual Racing Club (Closed for now)PC 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 903 comments
Thanks for the tune in the Huracan Wiz. Managed a 2.:10.7xx in it. Don't like it as much as the Z4 but it is quick.

Helicorsa should be an official app. I only have 2 apps on my screen, and they are invisible most of the time (pin hack removes the pin). Helicorsa and Pit Board. I rely on my Dashmeter Pro to provide rpm etc and other than that the screen is just the cockpit. Immersion ftw.

Also i'm reserving the older SLS if nobody minds. Car that suits me the best and enables me to breach the 2:15 mark.
I guess for next weekend we better decide beforehand as the car slots are limited?

Also i'm reserving the older SLS if nobody minds. Car that suits me the best and enables me to breach the 2:15 mark.
I guess for next weekend we better decide beforehand as the car slots are limited?

There's at least 4 of each available, 5 of the 650S, and 7 of the Z4, since we'll probably only have 10-12 people we probably shouldn't be in danger of anyone not getting their car. I'd encourage any of the slower guys to take the Z4, it seems to be the fastest and I made plenty of them available. If the faster guys wouldn't mind taking one of the slower cars it could help tighten up the field but I'm not going to enforce that.

Edit: Wouldn't be a bad idea to have a backup car just in case the one you want isn't available.

Last edited:
There's at least 4 of each available, 5 of the 650S, and 7 of the Z4, since we'll probably only have 10-12 people we probably shouldn't be in danger of anyone not getting their car. I'd encourage any of the slower guys to take the Z4, it seems to be the fastest and I made plenty of them available. If the faster guys wouldn't mind taking one of the slower cars it could help tighten up the field but I'm not going to enforce that.
I'll be taking the AMG GT3 for the sake of diversity and it sounds awesome. Hopefully I can study my telemetry from my two gun laps and see where I can get myself back in to the 11s

Wiz
Meant to post my Z4 tune with the video the other day.
Have you had a play around with the Mercedes yet by chance? Only thing I've done so far is bump up the gear ratio so it doesn't run out off puff down Conrod

Very fun but tricky car. I think it's my favorite of the GT3's to drive. I was hoping to get into the 9's but couldn't seem to make it happen.

It seemed like no matter what I did tuning wise, it didn't make a ton of difference in lap times. The attached tune is perhaps a little more stable than default.

- I didn't on the recorded lap, but keep it in 5th down the Mountain Straight.
- Even though you'll redline, keep it in 3rd going into Reid Park.
- Shift down to 2nd for The Chase. (This is true for all the cars)

Oh and read this - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-tools-tips-and-tricks.325126/#post-11232655

Attachments

• Qual3.zip
    525 bytes · Views: 11
Last edited:
Wiz
Very fun but tricky car. I think it's my favorite of the GT3's to drive. I was hoping to get into the 9's but couldn't seem to make it happen.

It seemed like no matter what I did tuning wise, it didn't make a ton of difference in lap times. The attached tune is perhaps a little more stable than default.

- I didn't on the recorded lap, but keep it in 5th down the Mountain Straight.
- Even though you'll redline, keep it in 3rd going into Reid Park.
- Shift down to 2nd for The Chase. (This is true for all the cars)

Oh and read this - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-tools-tips-and-tricks.325126/#post-11232655

Yeah I've always down shifted to second at Forest Elbow and held it in third coming in to Reid Park. I also do the same as you up mountain straight, that is, hold it in 5th. In the Mercedes, my braking marker is around about a third of the distance between the two trees on the right hand side (they are there in iRacing too :)) from there I stay left fairly late then dive in to the apex, if you get it right you can pretty much go from brakes to full throttle straight away due to the camber of the corner, but if you turn in too early you have to squeeze your throttle input. I can brake later (about the second tree) in the Z4.

In the McLaren I only need to breathe the throttle turning in at the corner before the Cutting, Reid Park and McPhillamy Park, however I tend to need to dab the brakes in the Mercedes. 5th gear out of McPhillamy briefly, initial turn in after braking and downshifting to 4th over skyline, trailing the brake down and finally getting down to 2nd for the dipper. Short shift the 3rd for the next kink, up to 4th, then downshift to 3rd for the kink before Forests Elbow, which you go down to 2nd for. Flat through the chase, braking at the first patch of faded Tarmac, 3rd for the left hander after the chase then work back to 5th then down to 2nd for Murrays, braking at the 100m board. I use the 100m board for hell corner too, get it down to second there, too.

Edit, just watched your lap. I can see why I'm slow compared to you, nice driving by the way! You brake a lot later than I do and you can get the power on a lot earlier too. When I try to apply the power early I spin. I'll keep practicing. I'll try to remember to record my saved replay of my 11 sec lap to serve as a comparison - although lately I seem to struggle to even get in to the 13s with it. It's as if I've suddenly changed my skills over night or it was a fluke (although I did manage two 11 sec laps on the bounce).

I'll study my telemetry between my current lap pace and my best and try and figure out what I've started doing so wrong. It'll be the exit out of maybe 1 or 2 corners, and thats it, as there is huge amount of of time to be lost on those massive straights and uphill sections.

Last edited:
I was hoping to use the old SLS like @mister dog. If it's not available I'll take GT-R. What about mod GT3's like the Camaro?!

And about tires? In quali will the softs be allowed?

Edit: my margin between softs and mediuns is next to none. 2:14.9 with the SLS. More practise and I might see a 13 there. I'm going slow through that downhill S and I can't nail the first and last corners like I wanted. Between those and one or two better lines and I manage the 13's

Last edited:
I was hoping to use the old SLS like @mister dog. If it's not available I'll take GT-R. What about mod GT3's like the Camaro?!

And about tires? In quali will the softs be allowed?

Edit: my margin between softs and mediuns is next to none. 2:14.9 with the SLS. More practise and I might see a 13 there. I'm going slow through that downhill S and I can't nail the first and last corners like I wanted. Between those and one or two better lines and I manage the 13's

I can only allow a finite number of cars to enter (based on the number of pit boxes at that track) and because there's already 8 Kunos GT3's if I allowed any others that would mean fewer of each model available which would increase the likelihood that someone couldn't get their desired car. So, we're just going to stick with the stock content for this one.

As for tires, I'm restricting it to Mediums only so we can be sure we still have decent grip at the end of the race. I had made an announcement about that but neglected to put it in the OP. Apologies if that's caused any confusion or problems.

I can only allow a finite number of cars to enter (based on the number of pit boxes at that track) and because there's already 8 Kunos GT3's if I allowed any others that would mean fewer of each model available which would increase the likelihood that someone couldn't get their desired car. So, we're just going to stick with the stock content for this one.

As for tires, I'm restricting it to Mediums only so we can be sure we still have decent grip at the end of the race. I had made an announcement about that but neglected to put it in the OP. Apologies if that's caused any confusion or problems.

I see, thanks for the clarification

Yes I knew about the restricted mediuns for the race, I just didn't know if they were an option for qualifying alone.

Wiz
Try shifting down to 2nd here. You'll get a lot better launch heading down to Murray's.

The tune I posted should help with this.
Nice tune Wiz, it helped a fair bit. I also experimented a bit with traction control on this thing. Normally I have it off but tonight I turned it on at level 7/7 (the least intrusive if I'm not mistaken). I found it quite good to have on.

I studied my best lap of a 2:11.8 with my best lap of our practice session which was a 2:14.2 and compared them in Motec. The lines on most sections were pretty much right on top of each other but on my good lap I nailed the entry in to Reid Park a lot better and kept more speed over the top. Made a huge difference.

Got myself back down to a 2.12.3 tonight which I was pretty happy about.

I tried the tunes for the Lambo and Merc AMG and couldn't get out of the 15's with either of them, so it looks like I'm probably going to have to go for the Z4 if I want to keep touch with the mid-pack. I haven't tried the tune for it yet but with the default setup I was knocking on the 13's.

It's looking like the racing won't be all that great for this event but hopefully the challenge of doing 10 laps around the mountain will be enough to keep everyone entertained. I know I'll be supremely satisfied if I get through the race without spinning/crashing. 👍

At 7/7 there's a good chance it's never being used. In AC, TCS only kicks in when wheelspin is detected. It's not an "always on" system.

Did y'all know TCS makes a sound when it kicks in? Use this sound to help determine which setting to use. If you're hearing it coming out of every corner, chances are it's set too strong. If you never hear it, it's either set too weak, or your car control is fine for that particular car in which case you might as well turn it off.

Possible spoiler?

image.jpeg

:P

I wont be able to make the race this week. Just got word and Ill be going out of town till next week. :( At least I got a full 4 hour notice before I leave. :banghead:

If there's a bunch of us setting times in between 2:14-2:16 we'll have a nice mid pack battle 👍
I'd stress everyone installs Helicorsa though, as i think i've been hit from the back or the side in almost every race so far :P

Is it OK to switch cars between race 1 & 2, as long as they are available? Feeling indecisive, as usual. :embarrassed:

Back