The Good Old Days of the GT Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter mindless_dude
  • 16 comments
  • 711 views
Database burp. It's been happening lately. It appears to happen when there is a server timeout between the time the index database is updated and when the post makes it into the thread database.
 
The hell I posted?

Well let me restart:

Remeber the days of Racing modification or event races? you guys miss that or glad its gone?
 
I used to like Racing Modifying my cars, they used to make the cars look so much nicer :cool:

And well the Event Races - mixed emotions here. Some were good to race, others were boring...
 
Heh, I'm just the opposite.

I couldn't car less about "race" modifying the looks of the car, but I really wish that the German Touring Car race was only open to German cars, the British Car race only had British cars eligible, etc. It would make it more interesting if you were required to use a wider variety of cars.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
but I really wish that the German Touring Car race was only open to German cars, the British Car race only had British cars eligible, etc. It would make it more interesting if you were required to use a wider variety of cars.

i agree, what is the point of being in a series for german, british cars etc, and able to do it in a F1 or something unrelated to the series as one of these cars


used to like being able to race modify my cars made 'em look good IMO, how often do you see a race FTO for example?

My favourite series in all 4 games has been the Normal car championship in GT1, stock standard cars just going for it, not even the benifit of having race tyres on the car
Question: How many guys here won that championship in anything but a Viper?
 
i won in a r 33 skyline and the legendary GTO twinturbo
 
just take a short time to look into the GT1 threads and ull see that the GTO is well known
 
I never won the Normal Car Cup in GT1. The best I did was third in the points, I think. That was a tough event to beat.
 
I done it in a R33 too I think...
But that was ages ago, maybe I never :p
 
I used a Viper RT/10. I used to KILL in my race-modded FTO! And they should have stricter requirements for the races.
 
I'm with ving, I never really experienced race modification, only once had i seen it, but it seems like a good idea.
 
I miss both of those.

I hope GT4 has a way for you to see what set up the AI cars are running so you can best match a car performance wise. It's just no fun to guess what they are using.
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
Question: How many guys here won that championship in anything but a Viper?
Me, in the legend that is GTO.
 
hey

i got a new subject for this thread

the SOUNDS of the Gt's i made a thread onthis but shinez send me in hell!!!

ill upload sounds of three supra's of all the gt's

each with maximum mods

ull get my point

why did they removed the SO LOUD turbo sound that was in gt2....that was fabolous
 
I think they should bring back Racing Modifications and i also won the Normal Car Cup with a Viper RT/10. Race modifying was so cool it was like you bought a car modded it then went pro in the JGTC or any other series. That was fun :O. but now its gone........... :( unless they bring it back :)
 
Back