The Gran Turismo Rally's Comeback?

• Thread starter JayFezza7
  • 10 comments

Would You Like to See the Gran Turismo Rally, and the Tour of Italy back in GT6?

• Total voters
United States
United States
J-FEZZA_7
Dear Mr. Yamauchi,

If you would ask me, one of the main highlights of GT5 in my opinion, was the participation of the Gran Turismo Rally, a notable peak of achievement marked by GT5's progression. As most players of GT6 currently are very intrigued to know about the well deserved Course Maker, will this feature include the re-establishment of the most realistic career event in GT history? And what about the Tour Of Italy? it was a realistic Grand Tour in itself, and will be highly anticipated.

This thread is more in the lines of "Course Maker Tech" and the GT Rally was only possible because of randomly generated special stages. But the Tour of Italy is much more simple , just using tracks from Eiger Norwand, to the Rome circuit.:) if this is answered, I feel a return of online Group B racing coming to GT Planet!:gtpflag:

I'd like to see rally mode with randomly generated stages back in the game, with the option to choose stage difficulty (length, width, complexity), option to enable mechanical damage (which is way better than the dumb collision penalties GT5 had), and most important of all - player gets credits EVERY SINGLE TIME they win the rally. That was a major flaw in rally mode in GT5, I've replayed the advanced rallies multiple times with different cars but only got credits once, pretty dumb game design decision from PD.

I dont think it will happen even in GT7, cuz with each GT game the rallying is less and less. In whole GT6 there are like 3 races and thats it!! But there are manny rally cars in the game..
So i wouldnt be surprised if there is no rally races in GT7.
But rallying was great in GT3,4. I wish they could add those tracks to future GT games..
Smokey Monutain, Tahiti Maze, Swiss Alps... those were times..

I dont think it will happen even in GT7, cuz with each GT game the rallying is less and less. In whole GT6 there are like 3 races and thats it!! But there are manny rally cars in the game..
So i wouldnt be surprised if there is no rally races in GT7.
But rallying was great in GT3,4. I wish they could add those tracks to future GT games..
Smokey Monutain, Tahiti Maze, Swiss Alps... those were times..

Oh how I miss Smokey Mountain and Tahiti Maze :(

the key to having good rallying in GT6 is mainly introducing the Course Maker. In GT5, all of the Special Stages used for the Gran Turismo Rally were point to point stages used if the same course maker locations, such as Toscana (Tarmac and Gravel), and Alaska (Snow), and I cant remember the other, but I also support the return of previous rally tracks, but that's another thread.

the key to having good rallying in GT6 is mainly introducing the Course Maker. In GT5, all of the Special Stages used for the Gran Turismo Rally were point to point stages used if the same course maker locations, such as Toscana (Tarmac and Gravel), and Alaska (Snow), and I cant remember the other, but I also support the return of previous rally tracks, but that's another thread.

The Co-Driver was also there spitting directions if memory serves?

Yes, I would like to see it back! But this time: PD, make an ability to make rally stages and transfer these rally stages to our GT garage and then put them to download so we can use in Online Races, please! :bowdown:

I've never understood why they keep adding rally cars while at the same time reducing the number of races (never much to begin with) and tracks.

Rally is just rain physics with the sound of gravel instead of asphalt.

Back