• Thread starter Benny44
  • 259 comments
Canada
Oak Bay, NB, Canada
Bic44
Thegrandtourpicture2.jpg

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

Monday evenings at 7:30 ET/00:30 GMT

Do you sometimes feel like Captain Slow? Do you want less intense racing and a more laid back experience? Do you want to just have fun and enjoy the ride without getting knocked around by orangutans? Do you want your teeth whitened? Okay, you're on your own with the last one. But if the rest sounds good to you, the producers have issued us a challenge:

400pp-500pp
Comfort Soft Tires(usually)

The producers are also telling us each night will be a theme - Enjoy Classics? You'll be covered. Like hot hatches? you'll get a chance to show off your favorite. Think you own the worst car? This is the place you get to drive it!

The producers have told us we need to abide by these rules:

1)Winner will change car or downgrade tire compound for the next race
2)Second win in a row and you change car or downgrade tire compound again
3)Don't be an orangutan on the track
4)Have Fun! (this is the most important rule!)

This series is so we can enjoy racing in a relaxed atmosphere while experiencing all different types of cars and tracks. If you want to bring three different cars, go ahead. Want to race one car all night, it's completely up to you. Just enjoy the races, we are eventually going to visit all the locations - you might call it a

GRAND TOUR!

We might even pass this place on our tour (photo courtesy of @Sick Cylinder)
Bennys Poster 3.jpg

See below for schedule. My PSN ID is Bic44 - sign up below, get in contact with me on PSN or send me a PM

Last edited:
Keep tuned to this space for current week's itinerary!

And now, our main event - for the Heavyweight Championship of the WOOOORRRRLLLD!!!!

This upcoming Monday (February 28th)we will be doing - Heavyweight Championship! Trucks/SUVs OVER 2000 KGs. 500pp, CS tires, around some very interesting tracks. It should be some close racing in these beasts.

As always, boost is on (set to 'weak') so all skill levels can join in the fun. I will not be hosting, @BEllis7979 will be. So either join the Grand Tour Club, or send a message to @BEllis7979. Or just look for the public club room when it is close to time to race.

Last edited:
Sadly that is too late for me to attend. 11:30pm GMT would be OK but I guess your Western hemisphere friends might not be home in time.

Maybe run the event twice on Monday night? 💡

that time is awesome for me. I can be from anytime since 9 AM gmt :v
expect me to join if i don't have to make express xmas shoppings

EDIT: What kind of tire grade on the current combo? not that I'll practise, but just for the info

Last edited:
@Lilium Great! It will be comfort soft, and it will stay that way for the forseeable future since we are not going to be driving ridiculously high end cars. So any car from the 60s that weighs at least 1000kgs (the game will allow you to add 200kgs if you need to), and 400pp. NOS will also be prohibited. I'll send you a club invite a little later this evening. Feel free to add me on PSN if you wish :cheers:

Don?t worry. I'll work around the regs. the tyres are absolutely fine for this PP.
Sure, feel free to send me an Invite to the club as well a PSN one.

jsut to make sure, you're posting the hours in a 24h format?

so 12:30 in the afternoon here in the old continent. near 1 in the afternoon. still is within my availability as I first assumed :cheers:

oh ,then its 00:30 GMT, to be precise. or 12:30 AM
anyway, on that period I'll probably be out. I'll try to attend nontheless, but I cannot be certain I'll attend. sorry for that, mate.

oh ,then its 00:30 GMT, to be precise. or 12:30 AM
anyway, on that period I'll probably be out. I'll try to attend nontheless, but I cannot be certain I'll attend. sorry for that, mate.
Oh yes, it would be 00:30. Sorry again. Math has never been my strong suit :boggled:.
If I am around, I'll open the room an hour early. This is not a championship, so you don't need to commit. I'll send you a club invite. If we start getting too many people, we'll worry about it then:D

Please update message 2 so it says which half of the day.

Slight track suggestions...
  1. Silverstone Stowe Circuit: International features the older half and is short?
  2. High Speed Ring: Reverse version races best.
  3. Autumn Ring (full): EVERY WEEK!
400pp might be a bit slow for CS. There will hardly be any braking in cars near 1000kg. Maybe 450pp? We can try it before the real room, maybe.

Road cars or race cars? Alternate each week? Some rarely used rally cars around that level, could race them at Matterhorn? Such potential to explore the hidden treasures of this game!

Last edited:
Yes ,@BenMillard I've thought about getting on some of those rarely used cars. That is something I've wanted to do since I started planning this. For now, I'm going to leave things open. My goal for this series is to get people who may be uncomfortable with competitive online racing, are new at it, or just want to relax when they play. Ive been recruiting on reddit and with some real life friends and have gotten a few to sign on. The more restrictions I place may deter some of those people. At least for the first while I'm going to make the choice wide open, easy and fun. I understand what you're saying, and in a month or two maybe things will change. I do appreciate the suggestions though!

I'd love that@autope10! I'll have the room open roughly an hour before start time, so even if you come in a bit early we'll do some cruising

It was a fanatastic evening! When @Benny44 left the room went my way and I hosted for another 7 hours. Had about 5 on track nearly every race. Strangely, SRF and Active Steering and Active Stability Management were all available when I got the room! Turning those off was my first change.

Nurburgring GF/F was a big hit towards the end and we did a few races there. Deep Forest (forward) and Grand Valley East (Reverse) and Brands Hatch Indy '80s were all positive, too.

Tuning swings performance massive within the PP system of GT6. Any keen racers in the room turn it into a setup competition. Slightly losing sight of the mission to have friendly races together. Without a lot of tuning, though, the field spread can make races a bit lonely.

Weak slipstream kept the competitive racers together at the front. Whole races with 3 drivers getting just enough draft to remain in contact.

Weak Boost is a sure-fire way to tighten the field. If I was leading at the midway point I pulled over and tried making fresh overtakes. It didn't happen often, though! :lol:

The tyre compound drop or car change worked well.

No trolls joined at all so the room type and title were good. Fine-tuning the club name to this environment might be worthwhile.

I'm glad you enjoyed it @BenMillard! I had a great evening, and it sounds like you had a much longer evening. It was the first time I've ever left those assists on, and it was on purpose....there were a couple newer racers there. Bellis had almost never raced online before yesterday, and I'm trying to convince others I know to join, so leaving assists on might help, even though I don't use them. I do want close racing, but I think that will eventually happen on its own.

We are going to keep going through different tracks and the goal is to get to all of them, which shouldn't take too long. I'll be posting a schedule soon about the theme for next week's race. Stay tuned!

Edit - I forgot to tag you @tooma! If anyone knows the gtplanet names of anyone else that races with us last night, feel free to tag them - I can't find them.

Last edited:
Great job organizing @Benny44. I had a good time. Though I agree with @BenMillard that it would have been more interesting if we were more tightly packed. On Autumn Ring I felt like I was running practice rounds everyone was so far ahead of me. It really came down to setup I think. Great group of racers including @tooma. See you in in about two weeks.

Yes, I actually messaged @BenMillard about closer racing. I think he might be right about boost(which slows down leaders/speeds up people at the back). So I think I will start enabling that. After all, the focus is on enjoying the race, not winning. Much more exciting if you're battling with someone rather than just lapping the course as you said. I hope I didn't insult you when I said you hadn't raced a lot online:embarrassed:. If so, my apologies.

Too bad you won't be able to attend, but I understand especially with the holidays. I'm wondering if I will get many people on Boxing Day. I'll probably get a lot of people not normally online. I'm excited for this next set of races, but if it's mostly public it may be harder to explain what's going on instead of a straight up 450pp race @BEllis7979

Last edited:
I hope everyone has their French cars ready! Should be a fun evening. Sarthe will be with chicanes, something to possibly keep in mind with the gearing. Also, we'll be doing 5 minute intervals with no restarts. If there's an accident at the start, boost should take care of that. :gtpflag:

I will be setting up the room tonight, but it won't be until the last minute, maybe before if things go well. I had to switch PS3 systems because mine broke and it's been installing for quite a few hours. It's been doing the second install(the in game one) for about 2 hours, and it's about 2/3rds done. Fun times haha

The only French car from 1960s in GT6 is the Gordini rally car, which is a race car?

Alpines are 1970s and 2CV is 1950s.

The only French car from 1960s in GT6 is the Gordini rally car, which is a race car?

Alpines are 1970s and 2CV is 1950s.
The 1960s was just one week thing. Tour de France was French cars, no year specified. Before I made this I initially wanted a classics championship, so you may be thinking of that;):)

Darn it! I love my Renault Clio!!! I hope you all had fun. What is the theme for next week. I hope it's cheap because I lost my login bonus while I was away :)

We had fun @BEllis7979! We even did a winter course, Chamonix East(I'm not usually a big fan of winter courses, but that one is a blast!).

Unfortunately there were only two of us for the France races, so I opened up the restrictions a bit and a couple more showed. I think I'll put that little Tour in my back pocket for later. I'm convinced it is a good idea;).

I'm trying to decide for next week, but I may open it up to try and attract some more people. I'm thinking a 475pp room, CS tires. It seems if I put something like 'slow drivers wanted!' in the title it attracts a lot of the people I'm looking for. So we may just go with that, and don't put many restrictions on. @BenMillard's idea of boost worked great on the races we had 4-5 people! Very tight. Two of the races were less than a second between 1st & 2nd(I came out 2nd place on both:mad:).

I'm thinking FWD production cars, nothing too restrictive(and you'd still get to drive your Clio!) But I'll wait until tomorrow to post it to be sure. Very soon we'll be doing a muscle car showdown but I want a few more regulars first. Send ideas if you have one. We'll work it in eventually:D

Sorry @BEllis7979, I've been very sick this weekend, couldn't even use a computer for a couple days. I plan on doing a straight up 475pp race with CS, FWD production cars. It may help get more people in the room being more open ended. I'll definitely be there though, feeling a tad better today.

Back