The graphics have received a serious upgrade

• Thread starter jp_footy
  • 21 comments
Portugal
Unlocated
JFERRARIL10
I was going to name this thread:

"Have the graphics received a serious upgrade?"

But it's not even a question. They have. Not a jaggy to be seen on my screen...

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if it was just due to the Lambo car models or what, but it definitely looks like the game has some better AA, particularly on the cars, even in different lighting conditions.

Gameplay captures.

ulfltl.jpg

sprryc.jpg

hurqkx.jpg

Ha, Only last week i predicted this game would get a graphics update! Good stuff...looking forward to seeing it later tonight.

edit: Hope you guys are not getting confused with the graphics on the timed runs (1 car on track) as those graphics were always much better than the races.

if this really is true, score to game. After both downgrade graphic in games.
But why did not mention anything if it really happened ?

if this really is true, score to game. After both downgrade graphic in games.
But why did not mention anything if it really happened ?
When challenges finally went live, they didn't say anything for a week or so.

EDIT: I can't really say that I've noticed an upgrade to be truthful. Photomode tends to take out most problems once it has completed processing the image.

They did state in almost every update there are graphical improvments, can't say I've noticed but the game always looked incredible to me.

Finally got round to playing again, I think the graphics do look better, LOD looks better on AI cars and im sure it's been giving more AA and more AA on the AI cars as the cars far away dont look anywhere near as jaggy although i switched to factory paints so maybe that has a big effect?

After hours more play i dont think any upgrade took place, Think it was me getting rid of the awful liveries that made the game look better

I'm still not convinced, especially as a whole new replay angle, possibly more was added. I didn't have the chance before now to check older replays, but this view definitely isn't present.
DRIVECLUB™_20150421222157.jpg

Also, I saw the engine vibration in the reflection on the bonnet yesterday for the first time. The other changes are indeed subtle, and could be the subject of debate, but those two bigger things have certainly been added since.

I'm still not convinced, especially as a whole new replay angle, possibly more was added. I didn't have the chance before now to check older replays, but this view definitely isn't present.
View attachment 353786

Also, I saw the engine vibration in the reflection on the bonnet yesterday for the first time. The other changes are indeed subtle, and could be the subject of debate, but those two bigger things have certainly been added since.
Placebo effect

I just got a ps4 on saturday, and i played driveclub for the first time, and it looked absolutely amazing. Maybe it's because it was my first time playing next gen, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good it looked.

Yep, after everything, I do agree that there have been tweaks and even additions, at least, that's how it feels.

Yesterday I was having a really good look around one of the tracks in India on a clear dry day. When I first played it the sky and lighting was saturated and in really bright blue, the tracks a slight orangy/sandy colour and trees/background were blurred or not defined in some places.
I noticed now on a clear day the sky has changed (more light cloud), the lighting not so bright and more realistic (white light), the tree lines and backgrounds all sharpened up and defined, the tracks more realistic roads/dusty dirt feel to it and the whole feel so much more realistic than on the original play.

So I have to agree there have been some very subtle quiet tweaking of the graphics in these updates sneaking in.
The weather has changed as well, and audio i.e thunder seems louder as does rain drops on the car, along with more wet ground on dry, light rainy days..They also mentioned on FB to look out for more weather changes so I am not sure what that can be? .....

I am hoping for more/expanded off road dirt style jump/tracks you can by pass/shortcut on a normal track with certain cars i.e wombat or AWD cars, snow/ice on the track in Norway 1-2" thick in places or deep puddles (aquaplaning) on heavy rain along with blind/big fog areas in Japan Hills as you drive towards it would be awesome also having the option for headlights/on/off or fog lights or drl (led daytime lights on/off).:D

👍

See tree detail on one I took yesterday
(click for close up)
DRIVECLUB™_20150707185756.jpg

Last edited:
Back