The "GT Café" predictions

So they're leaning fully into collecting cars, and now, rather than players collecting cars just for the sake of it, we can collect cars to get stamps on our coffee card and yet more cars!

It's welcome, much better than amassing heaps of worthless, deleteable Daily Marathon cars at random. I see the marathon system is still in the UI but hopefully it won't be giving us unsellable Gr.3 cars on day one.

So they're leaning fully into collecting cars, and now, rather than players collecting cars just for the sake of it, we can collect cars to get stamps on our coffee card and yet more cars!

It's welcome, much better than amassing heaps of worthless, deleteable Daily Marathon cars at random. I see the marathon system is still in the UI but hopefully it won't be giving us unsellable Gr.3 cars on day one.
It actually means something now! Having the car collection element built in as a career mode feature is brilliant.

It seems to give a roulette ticket as a reward. Will GT7 be rated 18+ for gambling?
Seems like it's like old GT5 car tickets (where it was called a "gift car ticket") - for instance:
GT5_TICKET_YEAR_2003.png

They'll probably reword that feature though.

Known collections so far as of the Brembo trailer:
  • Kei cars (final name to be determined)
    • Honda S660 '15
    • Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
    • Honda BEAT '91
  • Japanese Compact Cars
    • Toyota Aqua S '11
    • Honda Fit Hybrid '14
    • Mazda Demio XD Touring '15
  • French Hot Hatches
    • Car list not yet known.
  • Toyota 86
  • Japanese Sports Cars 1
Make your guesses/predictions, now.

Last edited:
Known collections so far as of the Brembo trailer:
  • Japanese Compact Cars
    • Toyota Aqua S '11
    • Honda Fit Hybrid '14
    • Mazda Demio XD Touring '15
  • French Hot Hatches
  • Toyota 86
Make your guesses/predictions, now.
There was a kei car collection, too, which includes the Honda Beat, Honda S660, and the Daihatsu Copen.

I can also almost guarantee that the French Hot Hatch collection will include the Citroen DS3 and the Peugeot 208 GTI, though I'd toss a coin over which Renault Sport model the third car will be.

I would also imagine that the Toyota 86 collection would include the original Sprinter Trueno and the newer GR 86. As for what the third car could be, or if there could even be more than three cars in this collection, I'm not as sure, as there's the Corolla Levin, the 86 GRMN, the 86 '15, and the 86 Limited '16.

Also, given that the Toyota 86 collection confirms that there'll be collections centered around certain models, I wonder if the four Skyline GT-R models we saw in the release date trailer will all be part of a collection, or if all collections will only feature three cars. Even if all collections only feature three cars, I think there's a lot of potential collections that could be in the game. I even had the idea that there could be a collection for the three LMP1 cars from 2016, being the Audi R18 '16, the Toyota TS050, and the Porsche 919.

Last edited:
There was a kei car collection, too, which includes the Honda Beat, Honda S660, and the Daihatsu Copen.
Where was it? I've keep reverting the addition of the Copen to the wiki and in that case, I might use that to put it there.

Also, there's a collection named "Japanese Sports Cars 1" in the Showcase trailer, might I add.

Last edited:
Where was it? I've keep reverting the addition of the Copen to the wiki and in that case, I might use that to put it there.

Also, there's a collection named "Japanese Sports Cars 1" in the Showcase trailer, might I add.
I believe it was a Japanese-language screenshot. Not sure where it exactly came from...

Maybe a Roadster collection?

What it would consist of though? Collections seems to consist of three cars, but only two Mazda Roadsters, NA and ND (NA TC excluded) are in GTS (ready to be carried over to GT7, in this context). If they do the Fiat 124, I doubt they'll acknowledge the Fiat 124 connection's to the Miata beyond a description text mention.

What it would consist of though? Collections seems to consist of three cars, but only two Mazda Roadsters, NA and ND (NA TC excluded) are in GTS (ready to be carried over to GT7, in this context). If they do the Fiat 124, I doubt they'll acknowledge the Fiat 124 connection's to the Miata beyond a description text mention.
Sure, there’s no BR-Z in the 86 collection. If PD wind up modelling an NB and NC and only three fit, which would they include?
That’s why it’s a “maybe”. I actually don’t know.

It actually means something now! Having the car collection element built in as a career mode feature is brilliant.
Hold fire gents. We maybe getting carried away. The collection may only be limited to certain cars, as it states historically important cars both past and present. It doesn’t say it’s a place where we can complete our ‘entire collection’.

It even mentions prize cars and used cars to complete the collection, so may not even have anything to do with brand central.

Back