The GT Logo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter good_duck
  • 55 comments
  • 11,122 views
Messages
11
sorry if this has been asked before but is there a hidden image or meaning to the GT logo? every time i look at it it seems to me that there is more than meets the eye. there is almost a lower case d in there but i dont know.
 
I have a feeling you love reading Shakespeare.
 
Straight from Jordan:
The dots represent the members of the community, who are located all over the world - that's why they form the shape of the continents. While they are close together, they are not touching, just as we are also physically separated. However, we are held together by one common denominator (GT) which, in this visual representation is the outer circle (a symbol which also has many appropriate connotations). This creates the image of a planet, which is obviously very appropriate given the site's name. I created the "planet" logo in 2004.

Here's a look at how the logo has has evolved over the years:

picture.php


picture.php


picture.php


picture.php
 
Interesting.
 
I would've thought he was referring to the Gran Turismo logo.

GT5logo.JPG
 
^ I thought so too.

I think it's meant to represent a tyre tread pattern. Not really a hidden meaning, and, I could be seriously wrong. I'm still tempted to have that logo tattooed somewhere on my person but my wife will murder me!
 
I too believe good_duck is referring to the GT logo. I'd love to know the origins and/or meanings within it, but there is no information about this as far as I am aware. It would be something good to ask of Yamauchi in an interview one day.
 
I would've thought he was referring to the Gran Turismo logo.

GT5logo.JPG

I really like that logo, I think it looks great, top class!


👍
 
I can see how Japanese calligraphy may have influenced the logo. Outside of that, not too sure.
 
^^:lol:

my GF reckons it looks like CIF. I think it looks like GIT.
 
SHIRAKAWA Akira
There's a hidden cat in the GT logo:
Good lord, he's right! I... I need to lie down for a while. Gran Turismo just can't be the same anymore.
 
^ I thought so too.

I think it's meant to represent a tyre tread pattern. Not really a hidden meaning, and, I could be seriously wrong. I'm still tempted to have that logo tattooed somewhere on my person but my wife will murder me!

I always thought checkered flag pattern.. Looks perfect to me.
 
I would've thought he was referring to the Gran Turismo logo.

GT5logo.JPG

well since were speaking about this logo, would it kill PD to put some color in there, who wants to look at a grey GT logo. custom logos? lol:drool:
 
I think it means nothing more than Gran Turismo and they wanted to present it with a stylish logo. It has managed to stand the test of time.

👍

It may even be the Deep Forest monkey!

Does Deep Forest have a monekey too? :scared:
 
well since were speaking about this logo, would it kill PD to put some color in there, who wants to look at a grey GT logo. custom logos? lol:drool:
There's a coloured version too. :)

gran-turismo-logo.png


I think the GT logo is made to look like a badge that you'd see on a car, hence the stylish and unique font.
 
I'm just glad they didn't incorperate a number into it.

Otherwise they could have ended up like the Forza 4 logo, which actually says Forza III 4 lol.
 
I'm just glad they didn't incorperate a number into it.

Otherwise they could have ended up like the Forza 4 logo, which actually says Forza III 4 lol.


I think it pretends to be an "m" :lol:
 
I think it pretends to be an "m" :lol:

But this logo was used in FM III without a number, meaning at same time "3" and "m". So we can get this impression.
 
I thought it was a joke at first. Wasn't able to see the cat until I seen the filled area.
 
It's remained virtually unchanged, too.

53910601.jpg
gt2bg.jpg
gt3tj.jpg
gt4h.jpg


gran-turismo-logo.png


And it still looks pretty good; although now that I've looked at it too much, it looks weird :crazy:
 
I've always thought the swoop of the G, through the top of the T, was intended to be reminiscent of a a racetrack's curve and straightaway. The change in width of the G-swoop (and the italic-style slant of the whole logo) also conveys a sense of dynamic motion. From there, it's a short leap to add the elements needed to make the letters recognizable.

The "swooping curve" motif is very common in the logos of racetracks and racing organizations. I'm just glad GT stayed away from the checkered flag -- surely the most obvious, stereotypical, hoariest, and ugliest race-related logo theme imaginable.
 
When I see the logo, sometimes I see an 'r' instead of the 't'. So it looks more like Cr. to me xD
 
First time I actually noticed the gt emblem i thought it said G r at first... For the "gran" up until a friend corrected me and said that the left half of the "T" is cut out and being completed by the curve of the "G".... My favoruite gaming series... Love that its actually an exclusive to the ps3 as thats where it started..... Unlike gta or need for speed...
 
Back