The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 04 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 97 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY

After a few hours of messing about with colours (chrome, gold and some of the colour shift shades don't display too well even with a lot of tweaking) I decided on a matte black base for my Bridgestone Potenza Nissan GTR Super GT. Wanted to come up with something unique but striking and I'm pretty pleased with it, enjoy!
:cheers::gtpflag:

Colours used:
Body: K3 Matte
Wheels: W1 Matte Metallic
Rear wing and mirrors: W1 Chrome

Dbzjm69X0AA3z4f.jpg

DbzjpYMW4AEJKGK.jpg

This is a nice livery, but I have to be picky : this not really in the theme. What I see is a matte black car with decals on it. You used the base colour to make an effect on your livery, but it doesn't look like you used a special colour decal on your car. Can I suggest that you invert your livery ? Let's say, with using W1 Chrome for the white rear stripes, and by selecting matte stickers you'll still have the matte black effect, but with your masking decals.

FINAL ENTRY

I tried to go for a more subtle approach for the base colour, by using the BW Colourshift (Blue/White) and making the livery a sort of fusion of street an racing styled elements, what with the dramatic tear-looking aspects of the black decals and the smooth, body panel lining blue and white sections on the side panels, side spoiler and front splitter. This car wasn't even intended to originally be for this competition (I had another idea in mind) but I felt like trying a new car for a new kind of challenge, so this is what I ended up with! :)

(The entire car livery is done using only ingame decals and sponsors)​

Last edited:
This is driving me nuts...so I traced a decal mask for my project, I apply it to the right side of the car, and everything is fine. I take the same exact SVG file, open it into inkscape, reverse a part of it in order to use it on the opposite side, upload it...and the game doesn't pick it up. It shows in my collection but it won't show on the car. Same goes for another decal: I made a small correction to it in Inkscape, and then it's gone ingame, only the old version is there.

Plus, problem number 2: I paint those decals, then bring in a standard PD decal to cover up the rest of the car, use the same color...and it's different from the decal mask I made.

Can anybody help me please? I'm getting frustrated as hell :banghead:

This is driving me nuts...so I traced a decal mask for my project, I apply it to the right side of the car, and everything is fine. I take the save exact SVG file, open it into inkscape, reverse a part of it in order to use it on the opposite side, upload it...and the game doesn't pick it up. It shows in my collection but it won't show on the car. Same goes for another decal: I made a small correction to it in Inkscape, and then it's gone ingame, only the old version is there.

Plus, problem number 2: I paint those decals, then bring in a standard PD decal to cover up the rest of the car, use the same color...and it's different from the decal mask I made.

If you send me a PM in italian I could try to help :D

This is driving me nuts...so I traced a decal mask for my project, I apply it to the right side of the car, and everything is fine. I take the same exact SVG file, open it into inkscape, reverse a part of it in order to use it on the opposite side, upload it...and the game doesn't pick it up. It shows in my collection but it won't show on the car. Same goes for another decal: I made a small correction to it in Inkscape, and then it's gone ingame, only the old version is there.

You could try ungrouping any groups you have and combining any loose sections together. I've cured some SVG glitches by simply copying and pasting them to a new file but that was from online SVGs I downloaded.

For the colours, I'm not sure. If you use the same colour within GTS for the mask and other decals it should work. Check if your decal has any transparency in it. Export it as a full colour as the transparency can be retained while changing colour in GTS.

FINAL ENTRY
Thanks to both @LaSupra and @uccio21 I managed to solve my decal problems :lol: and completed this finally. It may look like a quite easy livery, but it wasn't for me; tracing the decals took quite some time, since I'm still a n00b, then it came time to cover the car in shaped for the masking effect, and I have to say...that damn black roof was the challenge I didn't expect. But, I think I'm happy wioth the result, @Cytoria just let me know if it does fit the theme. The livery is the Renault Clio R.S. 16, the base color used is Y2 Liquid Met. (which came around in the Mileage Exchange just in time haha), and the rest of the car is covered in shapes...I tried replicating the original candy yellow as best as I could with the decal color editor. The Shiretoko thingy kind of mitigates the "golden decals" effect, but the bonus shot helps a bit, so don't forget to take a look at it. Hope you guys like it! :) NL plate was borrowed using the "discover" section, I just thought it fits with the rest of the colors of the car.

Available for download HERE.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Love this livery competition,it pushes me to new kind of technics and learn each round new things.
Surrounded by profs it is a challenge every week to come up with something decent.

This week I choose for a Red Bull livery with a BPY Colorshift basecoat covered by dark blue decals.
Only the Puma,MX-5 Mazdaspeed and sportname are put on the dark blue.
First idea was to use silver chrome and a blue shiny matt,which looks blazing cool,but could not get it nice on the required pics.

Mazda Roadster S 2015

20180429115742a.jpg

20180429115721a.jpg

@Strax don’t worry, this is exactly in the theme. We cleary see a yellow car with special gold decals on it. And by doing the roof too, you also did another masked part, well done.

You said it looks simple but this is the frustrating part of a masked livery : the cleaner it looks, the harder it is to make ! And such a livery probably won’t stand out on the discover section. But here you are with livery editor users who knows the work behind it.

Did you do the gold hexagons with in-game shapes or with inverted SVG ?

Love this livery competition,it pushes me to new kind of technics and learn each round new things.
It is a challenge every week to come up with something decent.

This is what I think too. The LEC pushes our limits and forces us where we maybe never go without it. Thanks again @syntex123 for creating this !

And great entry too. 👍​

Last edited:
@Strax don’t worry, this is exactly in the theme. We cleary see a yellow car with special gold decals on it. And by doing the roof too, you also did another masked part, well done.

You said it looks simple but this is the frustrating part of a masked livery : the cleaner it looks, the harder it is to make ! And such a livery probably won’t stand out on the discover section. But here you are with livery editor users who knows the work behind it.

Did you do the gold hexagons with in-game shapes or with inverted SVG ?

This is what I think too. The LEC pushes our limits and forces us where we maybe never go without it. Thanks again @syntex123 for creating this !

And great entry too. 👍​
Well, I don't really care about being successful in the discovery section, I wanted to do a livery that I liked and that fits the theme, and I'm happy with it :) in fact, I did gather only 3 or 4 likes, while the FT-1 Minolta has 15 or so despite requiring MUCH less work...I believe the Clio had me working for 5-6 hours between PC and GTS, to make it as clean as I could. So thanks a lot for the positive comment :)

The golden Renault symbols, golden hexagons and golden RS 16 logos are all inverted SVGs ;) while the black roof is shapes.

FINAL ENTRY
Thanks to both @LaSupra and @uccio21 I managed to solve my decal problems :lol: and completed this finally. It may look like a quite easy livery, but it wasn't for me; tracing the decals took quite some time, since I'm still a n00b, then it came time to cover the car in shaped for the masking effect, and I have to say...that damn black roof was the challenge I didn't expect. But, I think I'm happy wioth the result, @Cytoria just let me know if it does fit the theme. The livery is the Renault Clio R.S. 16, the base color used is Y2 Liquid Met. (which came around in the Mileage Exchange just in time haha), and the rest of the car is covered in shapes...I tried replicating the original candy yellow as best as I could with the decal color editor. The Shiretoko thingy kind of mitigates the "golden decals" effect, but the bonus shot helps a bit, so don't forget to take a look at it. Hope you guys like it! :) NL plate was borrowed using the "discover" section, I just thought it fits with the rest of the colors of the car.

Got the link?

Not really happy with this but I spent a few hours trying out various things and colors and this is what I liked the most out of all the stuff I did. It's really a pain to mask off decals like the BBS logo :D The whole car has more than 200 layers and I think it could really need some decals on the roof or bonnet but everything I put there looked awful... Base color is R1 matte flourescent

FINAL ENTRY

EDIT: just realized I forgot the Killswitch and Extinguisher decals :ouch:

Last edited:

And a big thanks to all of you - without you guys this wouldn’t have happened. :D I’m so glad it has awoken some serious interest, the liveries made in all comps so far really shows what you can do with this simple little editor. Keep it up guys!

And a big thanks to all of you - without you guys this wouldn’t have happened. :D I’m so glad it has awoken some serious interest, the liveries made in all comps so far really shows what you can do with this simple little editor. Keep it up guys!

And believe me: this is just the very beginning! In a year's distance we all might smile about what we've done right now.
Thanks a lot syntex123 for your inspiration and commitment. :gtpflag:

So many awesome entries here! For me it's a constant back and forth when it comes to a decision what to create for this comp. I guess I am not alone…

And believe me: this is just the very beginning! In a year's distance we all might smile about what we've done right now.
Thanks a lot syntex123 for your inspiration and commitment. :gtpflag:

So many awesome entries here! For me it's a constant back and forth when it comes to a decision what to create for this comp. I guess I am not alone…
Trying my best to deliver quality posts here, haha :cheers:

Yeah I have one in mind if I ever win, using pastel colors for example. :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

Finally after many painstaking hours and learning what masking actually is for the 1st time, thanks @Cytoria :D, here is my Bridgestone Potenza Nissan GTR Super GT. Base special colour and rear wing is W1 Chrome, with Matte Black overlay.

I wanted to create a vibrant livery to reflect the exciting nature of Japanese racing liveries.

The 1st pics don't really show the chrome shine too well so please do check the others. Inverted decals include the side stripes, Potenza logos, GT Planet logos, GT logo and chrome stripe on the bonnet.

Hope you enjoy!!

Available for download here :gtpflag:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1309219/1/8152153121942930961

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Finally after many painstaking hours and learning what masking actually is for the 1st time, thanks @Cytoria :D, here is my Bridgestone Potenza Nissan GTR Super GT. Base special colour and rear wing is W1 Chrome, with Matte Black overlay.

I wanted to create a vibrant livery to reflect the exciting nature of Japanese racing liveries.

The 1st pics don't really show the chrome shine too well so please do check the others. Inverted decals include the side stripes, Potenza logos, GT Planet logos, GT logo and chrome stripe on the bonnet.

Hope you enjoy!!

Available for download here :gtpflag:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1309219/1/8152153121942930961
Dare I say, it is much, much better than the first version. The day I win the Gr.2 GT-R, this is going on it 100% guarantee. Amazing job :bowdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back