• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 107 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, old glories are back under the spotlights. Last winner @machine1121 set this theme, let's hear whar he has to say :

Whether it was a GT40 at Le Mans, SCCA Trans AM, 1970s FIA Group 4, or even NASCARs of the time, the 1960s and 1970s were filled with race cars that were available to the public as road cars. The "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" mentality helped create many iconic homologation specials.

For this challenge, I want to recreate that era of racing by focusing on the 1979 and older road cars in GTS. Do some internet research to find appropriate sponsors and era correct logos for your chosen car. For a reference point, try to be as close as possible to the year the car was made. Then use the Discovery Section or create your own decals. I want to see original designs that look like they raced in the 1960s and 1970s.

CARS :
- Group N only
- 1979 or older
- No Gr.X classics
- No SEMA show/tuned cars
LIVERIES :
- Original designs only.
- No replicas, No tributes, No iconic liveries (Gulf, Martini, etc..) on different cars.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- Must have a vintage style number plate, unless no number plate is more appropriate for the style of the car. Does not need to be Sport Mode Compatible, and if no number plate is used, the creator should explain why.
- Must use vintage logos for sponsor decals. Try to be as close as possible to the year of the car.
BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- No Restrictions
USER MADE DECALS :
- No Restrictions

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All posted images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post one bonus picture in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 3 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE

December 26, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Last edited:
owwwwww yea.
owwwwww no now I on dilemma, I must pick 1 from 3 car that I want to make the livery :drool:

Last edited:
To bad that group x isn't allowed there are beautiful cars which raced on Sunday and were daily in the week

I think it's fair to rule these cars out as i think personally they have an aesthetic advantage and more like a prestigious item. I don't race enough to rack up 20,000,000 to get one and I'm not on the roulette wheel enough.

I think it's fair to rule these cars out as i think personally they have an aesthetic advantage and more like a prestigious item. I don't race enough to rack up 20,000,000 to get one and I'm not on the roulette wheel enough.

It was a remark on the rule that it would be cool that these cars could be added as well. Not that you need them to compete in this challenge.

Win on Sunday, sell on Monday?
In the 1960s, the theory behind manufacturers getting involved in motorsport was summed up as, 'Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.' Well, it seems there are still plenty of manufacturers out there who believe in the marketing power of motorsport.

I wasn't thinking of the aesthetic advantage, if I see liveries here in the competition it is usually the livery that wins and not about the car selection.

@MatskiMonk then I have chosen the wrong car.....:banghead: ;)

Me too.. nevermind.
And I was convinced it's all about liveries here...:lol:

Last edited:
Is the Fugu Z eligible since it is technically a 1972 Datsun 240Z?

I thought it was from 1973. But It's a good question if this is allowed or that it counts under a rebuild and is from 2015.

Here a nice article for someone who wants to read more about the car.

I thought it was from 1973. But It's a good question if this is allowed or that it counts under a rebuild and is from 2015.

Here a nice article for someone who wants to read more about the car.

This also leads me to wonder about the CHC Nova, as well, since it's built on a '67 Nova Platform.

Is a racing number absolutely required? The style I'm going for had mainly numbers on windows... it doesn't match when placed on the body!
It was a remark on the rule that it would be cool that these cars could be added as well. Not that you need them to compete in this challenge.

I wasn't thinking of the aesthetic advantage, if I see liveries here in the competition it is usually the livery that wins and not about the car selection.

My point wasn't that these cars are necessary to compete, more so that they would be seen as 'better' entries due to the prestige of them.

Last edited:
I've went for the 60's/70's drag style car. I love the fact that these cars had some awesome names! Motown Missile is my favourite name for any car! A little bit of inspiration here and there but this is the pinnacle of drive it to the track, show it off, sell it!

It will be pretty dominant if allowed in.
I don't agree with this honestly, with the Rocket Bunny kit it loses all of its 70s feelings.

I've went for the 60's/70's drag style car. I love the fact that these cars had some awesome names! Motown Missile is my favourite name for any car! A little bit of inspiration here and there but this is the pinnacle of drive it to the track, show it off, sell it!
Again, why are you guys always setting the bar so high with the first entry? :bowdown::drool::drool:

Having a handful of liveries already made to this exact theme is giving me a dilemma on which one to enter. :scared:

That's not counting the classic Group X cars ($20 million trio, Daytona, 250GTO, TZ2)

Back