• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 67 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we'll have to deal with less body surface. Last winner @Cytoria set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

Since the launch of the LEC, 20 rounds ago, there is one particular type of car that didn't get too much attention, despite being the ultimate racing class. In fact, over 502 entries, only 7 dare to use an open-wheel car. The liveries on this type of car requires a different style from the usual racers. That's why it would be too easy to reproduce actual monoplace liveries. Replicas of existing open-wheeled cars are not allowed, so no F1 / Indycar / Formula E, and no Prototype liveries. BUT, as you'll need creativity to adapt them to the specific bodywork of the mandatory cars, you can make "replicas" of other racing cars. Whether it will be a Raybrig X2014, a Black Falcon KTM, or a pure original design, just have fun and let your imagination flows !

CARS :

- Only cars with open-wheels and/or visible suspension
- Chevrolet Chapparal 2X Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
- Gran Turismo F1500T-A (Gr.X)
- Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 Shifter (Gr.X)
- Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard (Gr.X)
- Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior (Gr.X)
- Honda Project 2&4 Powered by RC213V (Gr.X)
- KTM X-Bow R (N300)

LIVERIES :
- Original designs allowed
- Replicas of existing race cars allowed
- No replicas of open-wheel cars
- No replicas of Prototype cars (as the bodywork is too similar to open-wheel cars)
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- Replicas allowed under the above conditions
- The car doesn't need to be Sport Mode compatible
BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- No restrictions
USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All posted images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post one bonus picture in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 3 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE

January 9, 2019 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

This one is going to be interesting. I may enter with one I have already made, though it would need some finishing touches and improvements ;)

EDIT: nevermind, it may very well end up as a replica of an open-wheel car (it's a Daniel Ricciardo tribute for the KTM). Gonna have to come up with something new!

Last edited:
- Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard (Gr.X)
- Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior (Gr.X)

Thanks alot Cy, Thanks alot.

Did I already post the”Hooters KTM”? I’ve gotta look back and see.

Using the option to align with camera will help get decals on the side of the front Wings on the Indy car.

FINAL ENTRY

I think this one is perfect to me, this livery inspired from ingning motorsport livery but I use RRL (sato car) styling. No reason why Itasha, but I just like this one anyway. I think no more editing unless there's some breaking rules or if I want change the bonus picture

edit: sorry I edit it, I forget about Wickens sticker and put another bonus picture.

Last edited:
And what about a F1 Replica on a F-1500 but a very old one and not very popular
Still not allowed this time?? :confused:
The goal is to break your mind to create something that works with this particular body shape. If the base model is already adjusted to this kind of shape, there is no challenge.

That’s why LMP1 liveries are prohibited but some Group C cars can. In doubt, feel free to message me with your idea like @Panoz did, and I’ll tell you if it is fine or not.

FINAL ENTRY

F1500T-A Renown.jpg
F1500T-A Renown B.jpg

Most of the decals on my entry are BMW related, from a Continental Series car. I took one of the secondary sponsors, and made it the main, then used that logo as inspiration for the base paint job.

I seriously dislike these kinds of cars, for multiple reasons, but one being, I suck at driving them. This point driven home, when setting up the bonus shot, I had to set the race to beginner, so I could catch some cars. :lol:

Livery link...https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/6999231544122409520

If we could please give Miss Belga a warm welcome to the tread :sly: So as most of you are probably well aware by now cigarette branding on cars is usually my go to thing, The above livery is no different, What with the base car being very 80s in design I went with a racing team from that era that had branding on both touring and rally cars and applied it to a different type of motorsport, I think it turned out rather well.

Downloads as always are available below 👍

Car
Helmet
Suit

I had alot of thoughts about using the KTM and the Honda on this one,i've got a quite few WIP liveries for both but ultimitely went for the F1500T-A. I know most of us probably will. I picked my own label for majority sponsor and color. Had alot of fun on this one. Happy new year everyone.

I finally think of an idea for one of these competitions before the deadline ends but I'm stuck away from the game for a few more days. :yuck: Oh well, I doubt I'd be able to complete it before the deadline anyway. Hope everyone has fun. I'll just have to join in on the next one.

KTM X-Bow livery inspired by one of the greatest motorsport racers ever, Valentino Rossi!
It's a bit weird to put a Yamaha inspired livery on a car manufactured by one of Yamaha's main rivals in MXGP. I however think it fits quite well to the structure of this car. :)

VR46 currently race for Movistar Yamaha MotoGP factory team.
Next season (2019) will be his 18th consecutive season in the top flight of 2 wheeled road racing!

Back