The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 28 (Let the music play) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 81 comments
I saw some very good guitar based liveries crop up on My feed the other the other day... I'm sure it can work. I wanted to do my guitar but the wood texture is important and I couldn't get it to work.

I saw some very good guitar based liveries crop up on My feed the other the other day... I'm sure it can work. I wanted to do my guitar but the wood texture is important and I couldn't get it to work.
Tolhas ?

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/profile/2765688/gallery/scapesPhoto

49432569-C1B9-40DD-B484-DFEB3360696D.jpeg

FINAL ENTRY

My family were not into music at all. Not so much as a radio. Only stuff I heard was on Top of the Pops once a week & it was full of weird gits in mad silver suits asking me if I wanted to be in their gang, their gang, their gang, did I want to be in their gang... Oh no thanks.

Let's not even mention the Bay City Rollers.

So at the tender age of 10 in 1977 a spiky haired youth a few years older than me played God Save the Queen by the Pistols for me and it blew my socks right off.

I was quite fond of those socks as I remember.

I knew right there & then, that's what I wanted to do, that's where I was headed. Took another 5 years to get my first guitar, a black Kay Les Paul copy with an action so high you could limbo dance under.

Funnily enough I ended up being a bass player. First band I joined at 16 already had a guitar player so I got handed this ugly short scale sunburst thingy. Quite fortuitous as my longish fingers are well suited for the 4 string righteousness.

So as you can see I've done a big mad, brash, bombastic ode to the day I discovered music.

Quite chuffed I got to use a lot of my own decals on this one, & special mention to @Maninashed for that amazing God Save the Queen decal he did for me, a right crowd pleaser. Thanks mate. :cheers:

Cheers
Sid

Last edited:

I’ve seen a few good ones too, I wanted to do a Fender Strat but none of the VGT cars really worked for my idea, a top down view of the guitar with the fret board as the spine.

FINAL ENTRY

Marshall Amplifiers Hyundai VGT

Link to livery: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1309219/1/8223581726972084768

So having been through the many metal bands I love I couldn't settle upon just one, mainly because it's easy to stick a few logos on a creative background but I'd want to reflect the actual band in a lot more detail, such as a whole album cover and most metal band album covers are pretty complex.

So I took a step back and thoughts about the instruments and equipment of metal music and from this set about looking at guitars and amps. I play guitar myself, pretty badly, but I make enough noise with my effects pedal and my Marshall amp. Marshall amps have always been pretty iconic in the metal world, look at any live pictures of the likes of Korn, Metallica, Slipknot, Parkway Drive etc.... and you'll likely see Marshall amps.

I've always loved the white, black and gold colours of the amps, I even have a mini Marshall speaker for streaming music (which has epic sound btw if you are looking for a little dock)

The Hyundai VGT is a wonderful looking car and even though I knew it more complex than some other VGTs, I had to use it. So here you see a 'speaker effect' of hundreds of grids lines encased in the typical black and white lining, I added a few volume, tone etc knobs onto the rear wing but otherwise kept it simple to reflect the gorgeous lines of the car.

Do check it out in-game if you can, the pics don't do it justice.

Hope you enjoy!!!!

So having been through the many metal bands I love I couldn't settle upon just one, mainly because it's easy to stick a few logos on a creative background but I'd want to reflect the actual band in a lot more detail, such as a whole album cover and most metal band album covers are pretty complex.

So I took a step back and thoughts about the instruments and equipment of metal music and from this set about looking at guitars and amps. I play guitar myself, pretty badly, but I make enough noise with my effects pedal and my Marshall amp. Marshall amps have always been pretty iconic in the metal world, look at any live pictures of the likes of Korn, Metallica, Slipknot, Parkway Drive etc.... and you'll likely see Marshall amps.

I've always loved the white, black and gold colours of the amps, I even have a mini Marshall speaker for streaming music (which has epic sound btw if you are looking for a little dock)

The Hyundai VGT is a wonderful looking car and even though I knew it more complex than some other VGTs, I had to use it. So here you see a 'speaker effect' of hundreds of grids lines encased in the typical black and white lining, I added a few volume, tone etc knobs onto the rear wing but otherwise kept it simple to reflect the gorgeous lines of the car.

Do check it out in-game if you can, the pics don't do it justice.

Hope you enjoy!!!!

That is a right beaut mate. 👍:cheers:

Would crash into that on the track. Not out of badness, no.

More like getting distracted wondering if it went up to 11. :lol::lol::lol:

I really don’t have any this week. I could post a solid gray mini VGT( because miniac) and day it’s related to my two favorite music albums. Both are the self titled albums from “The Beatles and Metallica”. I may still do that.

FINAL ENTRY

It's been a long time I wanted to do a Daft Punk Discovery & Interstella 5555 based livery but never find time to create .svg
I still don't have lot of time but take a break to design it. I really love the result.
I could add more details - like faces on the characters - and work again on the background but its great like that.

Thanks for the theme.

That is quite the car. Simple yet still very impressive!

Yeah I was tempted to put a lot more on the design but prefer the simple, clean look, the speaker effect grid wasn't simple, took a lot of layers and fine-tuning due to the curves of the car but the rest was not too bad.

Yeah I was tempted to put a lot more on the design but prefer the simple, clean look, the speaker effect grid wasn't simple, took a lot of layers and fine-tuning due to the curves of the car but the rest was not too bad.
Yeah when I commented that I thought, the effect won’t have been easy but it still looks so simple, in a good way!

So, for as long as I've been a Floyd fan, I've loved this particular art from the Wish You Were Here album.... it represents the four elements, and the stylised handshake is yet another icon of Pink Floyd's 'problems' with the record industry, and more recently the phrase 'Wish you were here' is one I use more than most.
1000x1000.jpg

I obviously had to adapt it to fit the shape of a car, and the photos won't do the effort in the handshake justice.... 10+ hours in the decals, really needed 20... m'eh... I like it. 4 quarters, 4 elements... also, there's a parallel with the BMW badge... which of course, I was always going to use the BMW VGT.

FINAL ENTRY

Personally I stuck an idea from baby F1 challenge, so I make simple livery like this that resemble little bit with champcar but still original. I use Pioneer after seeing Marshall and Yamaha appear in here

FINAL ENTRY

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Wow fantastic work glad to see Daft Punk being represented (hopefully if I can get mine finished in time that'll be two Daft Punk liveries!)

@Higny great livery but...
...now I have to change mine. First come, first served, we said? :lol:

Ooooo do we get a peek of what might have been??!

FINAL ENTRY

Wish You Were Here BMW VGT

This would look really great on a Super Formula car imo

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Daft Punk Alive 2007 Encore

om7Helc.jpg

DZ43T4w.jpg

7jeFoPX.jpg

So this was actually a lot of work and planning, trying to figure out if I should do a tribute to their setup, the visuals from their 2007 Alive tour, have tributes to the album cover or, as I ended up doing, recreating their iconic suits.

Daft Punk are my favourite band in the whole world and going to see them live in 2007 was one of the most profound and amazing experiences I've ever had. This livery is a tribute to that set, more specifically their encore.
For the encore they disappeared from the pyramid and then reappeared glowing in red. It was jaw dropping and the tracks they played after seemed even better than the two hour set they had just played. The live album Alive 2007 is cut down somewhat drastically, probably due to copy write and them wanting to have an album of exclusively Daft Punk tracks, but their live set was longer.
This is the most personal livery I’ve done, I think and so I’d like to include as a bonus some of the pictures I took from the sweaty amazing tent at Rockness 2007 as I was dancing my tits off;

nrMGsAE.jpg

7zlJnLA.jpg

uf54PM0.jpg

ktlRyMj.jpg

VDLoyrk.jpg

And my shocking attempt at capturing their encore!

8U6Iz6k.jpg
Hope that’s not too many pictures, and yes I've still got the tour tee bought that very day! :D:D:D

Back