The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 41 (the FORD effect) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 174 comments
After many attemps, I finally came with this Hoonigan Mustang WRC. I really want to use a special paint so base is G1 matte fluorescent, and I did masking work for the big monster logo on the side and partially for the pattern.
For this round I searched for old Ford WRC liveries and remembered K. Block Hoonigan Ford. So I tried to make a livery wild enough to be a Hoonigan racing car for K. Block retorn in WRC.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gts...lery/all/livery/3599907/1/8079528173883097129
I really dig how you filled in just a few of the characters, adds a great pop

Who was I kidding? I couldn't stay away from this place, I have too much fun creating for these contests.

MISHKA NYC Gr.B Mustang
FINAL ENTRY

LIVERY HERE

So after taking a few days to calm down and really think about the comments by some people here I put my negative thoughts and feelings to the side and embraced what's important to me with this LEC. That's pop art and street wear. My all time favorite streetwear label is a small company out of Brooklyn NYC named MISHKA. I think you all know I post liveries just to have fun and be involved in the community, so it makes sense that I deliver a MISHKA livery right now. MISHKA live by the ethos 'Wear Your Weird' which I completely endorse. The idea is that you do you, no matter how strange someone else might view you. This resonates with me 100% and is something I continue to push with my own brand Teens On Acid. How does this relate to WRC? It doesn't. But god damn I'd love to see MISHKA enter Motorsport sponsorship some day.

I apologise for my outburst last week and i promise to bring my best in every LEC moving forward. :cheers:

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Gulf Mustang Gr.b Rally Edition

20191027114552.jpg
20191027114543.jpg

FINAL ENTRY

I think something went wrong with your pics, I can't see them.

Fixed. You're the only one who noticed that. Thanks indeed.
No problem, but it was @Sian who noticed :D
something went wrong in your reply
Yeah, that was me actually! :D
I was checking how many liveries I was going to struggle choosing from when I saw that! :lol:

I've never noticed that in my photos, I'll be aware now, thx for that.
No worries:cheers:. It's the first time I've noticed this too. I've seen the odd mistake, but to not find the issue in the editor was just strange.
I may have to try and do something with it, it's driving me :crazy: :lol:

Same here! :D
I even shared my livery before I realized my wheels wasn't there! :irked:
Such a pain. You'd think a rally car would come as standard with rally wheels wouldn't you!? I think it may have something to do with the settings sheet that's applied in the garage :confused:. I just remedied it by putting the same wheels on for both options :D.

And one of my favorite liveries by the way, one out of 10 maybe! :banghead:
Thank you! I could say the same for yours, nice colours :D:tup:. Best of luck with the poll :cheers:.

So after taking a few days to calm down and really think about the comments by some people here I put my negative thoughts and feelings to the side and embraced what's important to me with this LEC. That's pop art and street wear. My all time favorite streetwear label is a small company out of Brooklyn NYC named MISHKA. I think you all know I post liveries just to have fun and be involved in the community, so it makes sense that I deliver a MISHKA livery right now. MISHKA live by the ethos 'Wear Your Weird' which I completely endorse. The idea is that you do you, no matter how strange someone else might view you. This resonates with me 100% and is something I continue to push with my own brand Teens On Acid. How does this relate to WRC? It doesn't. But god damn I'd love to see MISHKA enter Motorsport sponsorship some day.

I apologise for my outburst last week and i promise to bring my best in every LEC moving forward. :cheers:
Sorry for my part in it :guilty:. I only wanted to try and get across the reasons and motives for the prior comments, and I realise it came over the wrong way. And I'm aware how it would feel that I was having a go at you personally. For that I'm sorry :cheers:.
I have no ill will towards you whatsoever, and it's good to see you decided to join in...and by the way...
Who was I kidding? I couldn't stay away from this place, I have too much fun creating for these contests.

MISHKA NYC Gr.B Mustang
FINAL ENTRY

LIVERY HERE
Wow! :eek:

No worries:cheers:. It's the first time I've noticed this too. I've seen the odd mistake, but to not find the issue in the editor was just strange.
I may have to try and do something with it, it's driving me :crazy: :lol:

Such a pain. You'd think a rally car would come as standard with rally wheels wouldn't you!? I think it may have something to do with the settings sheet that's applied in the garage :confused:. I just remedied it by putting the same wheels on for both options :D.

Thank you! I could say the same for yours, nice colours :D:tup:. Best of luck with the poll :cheers:.

Sorry for my part in it :guilty:. I only wanted to try and get across the reasons and motives for the prior comments, and I realise it came over the wrong way. And I'm aware how it would feel that I was having a go at you personally. For that I'm sorry :cheers:.
I have no ill will towards you whatsoever, and it's good to see you decided to join in...and by the way...
Wow! :eek:
Don't sweat it mate, I was being a touch too precious for my own good

Fixed the roof scoop issue and updated the bonus shot. Also added a link for the "Fixed" version with no second wheel option.

Ok. Now it's a final entry :sly:

Weird. I replaced the images on Flickr but they‘re still the old ones here. I need to check back tomorrow and if they‘re still the old ones I‘ll manually replace them...
tbh it‘s a good thing that all cars so far have been without dirt as it‘s an even more equal playing ground for everyone then.

And a general question to most of you: Don‘t rally cars need license plates in your countries since they travel from stage to stage using public roads? :D

Weird. I replaced the images on Flickr but they‘re still the old ones here. I need to check back tomorrow and if they‘re still the old ones I‘ll manually replace them...
When you « replace » pictures on Flickr, their links change. However, GTplanet saves a copy of the previous image so it doesn’t appear broken like it will on other sites. You have to edit your post with the new links.

tbh it‘s a good thing that all cars so far have been without dirt as it‘s an even more equal playing ground for everyone then.

That’s why my previous dirt entry in the LEC #10 ended clean (and dirt in the bonus picture), and that’s also why my entry for this round will be clean too!

FINAL ENTRY

In the past, I played a lot of Colin McRea on the PC and I always liked the Martini Focus. So I decided to make a Martini Livery loosely based on that car. The car is almost finished just need to make the correct pictures. But to secure my post I just upload the car which you already can find in my gallery.

The first thing came to mind when I made these pictures was this old school song.....

7286917737379563041_1.png
Download button

c644ff8c7cb6c5dc50c313c35c65056d.jpg

Last edited:
I really dig how you filled in just a few of the characters, adds a great pop

@Higny respect the side of your car looks awesome. How where you able to create this detailed decal and stay under 15kb.

Thx, I really appreciate, especially from both of you.

@HignyHow where you able to create this detailed decal and stay under 15kb.

The pattern is made from 3 transparent decals to stay under the 15kb limit above white decals for the background.

Attachments

• Monster.Pattern.01C.svg
    14.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Monster.Pattern.01D.svg
    14.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Monster.Pattern.01G.svg
    12.8 KB · Views: 11
FINAL ENTRY
DHL Mustang Rally Car

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
DHL Mustang Rally Car

Had been struggling to develop any workable ideas until I saw a DHL-liveried Transit van yesterday, and decided to challenge myself into making something at the last minute using the company's familiar sponsorship colours. Originally, I planned on a simple two-tone scheme, but felt that parts of my original design were too similar to my previous round-winning Mistral Honda scheme. So, I kept working on it until I came up with a few stripe patterns loosely based on those found on either side of the DHL logo. Obligatory UK-style plates were made from scratch, using in-game rectangle shapes and @D-Max's wonderful selection of numberplate numeral/letter decals.

I am aware that there is an issue in the second image, where the DHL logos on the rear bumper have been clipped by yellow decals. This has been fixed on the version linked in my post; the affected screenshot will be updated after my FIA Manufacturers race later tonight.

UPDATE: See main post above for updated second image.

Last edited:
Shoot I will not be able today to upload the correct pictures here tonight....... will try to make them in-game and upload them tomorrow.

@Cytoria hope that’s oké for you in setting up the poll?

FINAL ENTRY

I've gotten this completed to my liking. I really do enjoy this livery. To the point I'm going to re use it on several other cars. I feel like this livery screams "Rockstar Energy Drink" and I could actually remove the rockstar logos and you would still know the main sponsor. I really wish I had more than four pictures to show this one off. The amount of extra details under the original logo really sell the design. I would have created this in yellow and black, but everything I create in October is Pink for breast cancer awareness. I think it looks better in pink to be honest.

I like this one to the point I'm actually sharing the link to the livery.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/5660972/1/8430830945706214953

Back