• 143 comments
FINAL ENTRY
full

full

full

full

full

When I think of NFSU and that The Fast & The Furious genre of car,
I always think of the mods with games consoles in the cars.
Hence the Ryu crossover for a bit of fun with the fireball.
I added a reference screenshot from NFSU with "what if" NFSU as the Streetfighter car scene.

Last edited:
They‘re all too new and nobody would use any of the roadcars then; that‘s why I excluded them.
I understand but it would have been great to see some of these cars turned into "real" tuned cars.

I say that because it was one of the ideas I had for my LEC! :D

So it has to be a design inspired by NFS Underground? I never played those, I only really know the later ones?

No not really. Work some flames or tribal into a design with the nastiest rims you can find and you’re in.

So it has to be a design inspired by NFS Underground?
Basically yes. But you can also just get inspired by the first 3 FnF-Movies, Pimp my Ride or something like that ;)

Also nasty rims are the wrong approach imho :P

There‘s still many more LECs to come ;)

I really hope to see a lot more entries to this :dopey: So get it on, guys!
But I probably won't choose another one anymore! :D

I actually played the first NFSU and liked the tuning and painting aspects of the game but at the time I already didn't like the tribal designs and that kind of stuff (and I think it's the last NFS I've played...).

I've always been more in the German tuning than the Japanese one!
And I have to admit I've never seen a full F&F movie! :lol:

But you can count on me to bring something to your LEC.
I don't know what, I don't know how, but I will! :cheers:

I recall spending as much, if not a lot more time playing NFSU2 doing liveries than racing...Oh how times change :rolleyes: :lol:.

Remembering the tribal patterns being some of my favourites back then, I decided to go down that route and use something I've been holding onto for a while. Sticking with the theme of this being in part, a remembrance of an older time and also inspired by a video game. I went with this "tribal" graphic, which is actually a clan symbol from a video game called "Soul Reaver", part of the "Legacy of Kain" series. A bit of an unknown "Cult Classic" I played back in my teenage years/early twenties.

Without going too crazy with the base colour, I stuck with PDs own pearl finish and mixed up a nice blue (60/97/77) to match the colour of the game's main protagonist, and laid down a few coats. I swapped out the bonnet (hood :P) for a full carbon replacement and finished the look off with a set of 19" Advan RS-Ds and some low profile semi-slick track tyres. To keep 'in-tune' with the questionable mod options, I decided to have the mirrors and window surrounds chromed to match the finish of the rims.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the Touge Reaver.

:cheers:

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Here is my take on the Gran Turismo Underground challenge. For me the most memorable feature of this kind of tuning were the neons placed under the cars. So I decided to achieve the illusion of neon lights by placing a car behind my Supra and point the car in the direction of the camera, so the headlights of the car illuminate the ground beneath the Supra. Unfortunatly this effect only looks best in the scape which you see above, so there are two bonus pictures in the same spot. Also a bit unfortunate: I used vent-decals for the hood, but because of the reflection you can't really see it. I would never ever place vent-stickers on a car again, but for this challenge I found it quite fitting haha :lol:

edit: To increase the illusion of light illuminating the ground I placed blue gradient decals on the lower parts of the car, so it looks like the neons are reflecting from the ground on to the car.

BTW: I also changed the settings for the two basic pictures, so it looks as if there were neons too. Sorry! If that disqualifies me, so be it. :P

Last edited:
Back