The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 57 (Kei Cup) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 90 comments
FINAL ENTRY
Repsol Honda S660 #93 (Marc Márquez)

Link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/11165251/1/6341081472256967192
To be honest, I never knew about the existence of these cars until this LEC, and they look just like bigger, 4-wheeled motorbikes to me.

Because of that I decided to create this livery, inspired by the team Repsol Honda from MotoGP, and more specifically by my fellow countryman Marc Márquez, 6-time world champion.

With kei car racing being an actual thing, seriously Google it's a proper laugh, I ran with this idea.

With the fictional team ryoshi (hunter in Japanese) enjoying much success in the category over the years won the 2019 championship. In the celebrations that year and after lots of sake someone had the bright idea of going to Europe with there car. The idea somehow stuck and after teaming up with Mugan to tweak and tune the car for the infamous Nürburgring 24 hours! The aim was twofold, the first to try and introduce the kei car to the European market with its ever increasing congestion and the second, not to come last.

Last edited:
Final Entry

Honda S660 Team Yamato Edition​
I was thinking about what to do for this, and my mind started to wander to the classic Japanese hatchback touring cars of the 80s. What better way to modernize the Team Yamato Civic than a modern day special edition livery?

maxresdefault.jpg

FINAL ENTRY

So this a shrunken down version of the 1998 BTCC Honda Accord Touring Car. I find these little toys in a big boy suit hilarious! I hope you enjoy it too.

Download Livery

Recently I've loved playing around with overlaying low-opacity layers and seeing how it changes the whole look of the car. For this one I wanted to make it look faded out and yellowed over time. Then I covered it with a cool kind of cloud decal I've had for a while which makes it look dusty. I've also added a few rust decals but didn't want to get close to a 'barn find'.
The last thing I couldn't decide on was gloss or semi gloss and settled on semi. One of my favourite contest entries. :D

This is absolutely mega! The first ever race I went to featured this car so you've sent me right down memory lane. Some absolutely corking efforts in this category!
Wow that must have been awesome! I only had the honor to play this era of BTCC in TOCA for ps.
Glad that you like the livery!

Struggled "a little bit" with the top red line, especially on the bonnet! :banghead: :D

At first I wanted to do something with the Toyota but when I was looking for a good replica to go with, this Civic came in my mind!

I already made it on the Civic so I knew I had the decals needed. Knowing I wouldn't have much time I thought it was a good idea so here it is, hope you like it.

Thanks for the theme @daan, I would have had many others ideas for this one and I know we'll see lots of other good things!

(we could stop now and I'd already have 3 votes to give!)

Up and coming, relatively unknown tuning house, Spoon Sports, has decided that the best way to get their names in the mouths of the general public is to build a car that anyone could own. The obvious choice was to do the Honda Beat. With the availability of the vehicle, the relatively low price, the already great power to weight ratio, and the fact that the car could be driven anywhere on the island due to it's small size; made it the perfect subject for the Spoon treatment. With a new, dialed in suspension, bolt on performance parts for the engine, and an aero kit that allows for wider tires makes this tiny car back a big punch.

FINAL ENTRY
Cafe Ángel Copen
Link.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
Cafe Ángel Copen
Yes, I love doing these 'Fantasy Brand' liveries! Wanted to try my hand at a 'moving billboard' which could work equally at home on road and race-prepped Copens. Tri-tone brown, reddish-brown and orange builds on the palette of the default decals, while the rally-style look is completed by OZ wheels and black masking around the front grille and foglights.

Also, guess what Cafe Ángel and the Copen have in common within the Gran Turismo universe... ;)

Last edited:
Back