The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 60 (French Kiss) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 135 comments
I wasn’t able to post yesterday: I’ll create the thread in a couple of hours.

Prepare yourself to dive into the japanese motorsport culture which Gran Turismo introduced to the rest of the world.

Have a few done up lately that I might modify for the next theme if they suit that. Already invested hours in them and it’d be a shame not to do something with them.

I wasn’t able to post yesterday: I’ll create the thread in a couple of hours.

Prepare yourself to dive into the japanese motorsport culture which Gran Turismo introduced to the rest of the world.
Interesting theme! I’ve recently done a few Japanese-themed liveries so let’s see if I can translate that into a good entry.

Yes, awesome. Maybe I manage to do a very quick livery, because on saturday I'm on vacation for two weeks.
I hope you’ll stay around for the poll and the results of the season.

Rankings are highly uncertain and from what I guess, at least 12 people can claim for a season podium. Even the first places are not predictable now... and you’re on the race.

I hope you’ll stay around for the poll and the results of the season.

Rankings are highly uncertain and from what I guess, at least 12 people can claim for a season podium. Even the first places are not predictable now... and you’re on the race.
No problem for me to vote. Making a livery might be a problem, because going with a playstation and a tv to the beach could look a bit wierd. But I will try my best to stay in that race! 👍:cheers:

No problem for me to vote. Making a livery might be a problem, because going with a playstation and a tv to the beach could look a bit wierd. But I will try my best to stay in that race! 👍:cheers:
Season 6 will end with the #60 French Kiss poll and is very disputed.

Even if you miss #61 Samurai, you’ll have plenty of occasions to make points on the 7th season.

Happy holidays!

Edit: Doing some maths, I wonder what will happen with the next seasons:
- Season 7 will end on January 2021, so it’ll likely be 100% GT Sport.
- Season 8 will last until June 2021. Will we see GT7 coming in the meantime?

Depending on what the GT7 livery editor will be, and if the liveries are forward/backward compatible, maybe we can make hybrid competitions. Or just pause the GT Sport LEC, letting a few weeks to enjoy the new game, and start on GT7 after that.

Also, with the usual Polyphony Digital delay policy, we might also continue our LECs on GT Sport until season 10. :D

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Here is my french entry.
I am usually quite silent but for those who are interested, this is all my way of thinking about this livery.

I wanted to create a white and clean car with thin stripes that follow the shape of the car, like classic 60s or 70s two tone cars

200821112044124106.png
200821112044261486.png

My idea was not to paint the car with two colors but keep it full white with 3 colored lines - blue, white and red for the french flag - around the car.
I wanted the lines to be thin, not too bold, and to follow all the car, even the lights.

200821112214203609.png

I added some small and maybe not enought visible details on the bottom ; some very french words : "bonjour", "merci", "maman", "je t'aime", "merci", "bisous", "paris" and the three colors "bleu", "blanc", "rouge".
I wanted first to put those words between the two blue and red lines to make the french flag, and cover the bottom of the car with a french pattern but it didn't worked like I wanted.

200821112214149351.png

200821113023544392.png

To finish, I put a decal on the bonnet, the french "Marianne", symbol of the french republic, and added more lines on the bonnet and the back of the car.

200821112750658425.png
200821112749622784.png

Livery link

Season 6 will end with the #60 French Kiss poll and is very disputed.

Even if you miss #61 Samurai, you’ll have plenty of occasions to make points on the 7th season.

Happy holidays!

Edit: Doing some maths, I wonder what will happen with the next seasons:
- Season 7 will end on January 2021, so it’ll likely be 100% GT Sport.
- Season 8 will last until June 2021. Will we see GT7 coming in the meantime?

Depending on what the GT7 livery editor will be, and if the liveries are forward/backward compatible, maybe we can make hybrid competitions. Or just pause the GT Sport LEC, letting a few weeks to enjoy the new game, and start on GT7 after that.

Also, with the usual Polyphony Digital delay policy, we might also continue our LECs on GT Sport until season 10. :D

Doesn't belong on this topic, but I hope that you can do two additional things in the GT7 Livery Editor.
1. To be able to attach stickers to the front, sides and rear windows.
2. Can adjust the depth of the rim bed.

As seen in the pictures.

1200px-Nico_Muller_2019_DTM_Hockenheim_(May)_FP1_2.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Hi guys, I'm sorry I've just got a new job and it took me a lot of time (just a little bit less than the previous one! :D ).

I didn't have time to do something especially for this round but I'd really like to submit something.

I've got a day off tomorrow so if I'm allowed to I will choose one of my liveries and post it.
It won't be a tremendous one but I just want to be part of it.

Here is my french entry.
I am usually quite silent but for those who are interested, this is all my way of thinking about this livery.

I wanted to create a white and clean car with thin stripes that follow the shape of the car, like classic 60s or 70s two tone cars

200821112044124106.png
200821112044261486.png

My idea was not to paint the car with two colors but keep it full white with 3 colored lines - blue, white and red for the french flag - around the car.
I wanted the lines to be thin, not too bold, and to follow all the car, even the lights.

200821112214203609.png

I added some small and maybe not enought visible details on the bottom ; some very french words : "bonjour", "merci", "maman", "je t'aime", "merci", "bisous", "paris" and the three colors "bleu", "blanc", "rouge".
I wanted first to put those words between the two blue and red lines to make the french flag, and cover the bottom of the car with a french pattern but it didn't worked like I wanted.

200821112214149351.png

200821113023544392.png

To finish, I put a decal on the bonnet, the french "Marianne", symbol of the french republic, and added more lines on the bonnet and the back of the car.

200821112750658425.png
200821112749622784.png

Livery link
Your Marianne decal is very beautiful!
Great job as usual!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to @Cytoria for allowing me to post my entry so late.

I had a rush on this one but I think it's quite acceptable and fits pretty well the theme.

I thought about doing a very simple Roland Garros special edition like Peugeot did several times since the 205 but I didn't want to make you wait for a too simple thing so I did a race car with most of the famous Grand Chelem French tournament sponsors.

Hope you like it guys.

Good luck for the poll. :)

Back