The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 60 (French Kiss) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 135 comments
FINAL ENTRY

Last edited:
Well FWIW, here's my entry into the competition. I really hope it doesn't fall foul of the "originality" rules.

I'm a keen cyclist and every year (except this one) I've watched the Tour De France so, to me, nothing is more French than watching a load of not French racers belonging to not French teams get cheered to victory atop a mountain by random Europeans while the French racers/teams tend to be floating around in the Peloton. Zut Alors!

So here's my attempt to right that heinous wrong and do my bit! Vive La France!

Team FDJ Groupama are one of the three French cycling teams entered in this year's Tour De France, their lead rider being Thibaud Pinot - yes he's French and he shares his name with a wine - what could be more Francais mes amis!

So I've taken the FDJ Groupama livery, dug up their sponsor list for 2020, created and grabbed a few Tour goodies and the result is what you see above!

A few highlights to add to the sense of fun:

• The Tour racing number is an inverted 13 - this follows the well-known cycling tradition that is you draw this unlucky number, you should display it upside down to counter the negative energy (http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/comment-page-212/) - and they take it fudging seriously, even the team cars will display the number inverted.
  • Somehow Orangina has returned to sponsor the World's greatest bike race, and I for one welcome the return of that slightly naff (but delicious) orange drink in the unwieldy bottle to the forefront of sport. Makes a change from another dull bank...
  • Another cycling joke is the highlighting of the Brake light on the back of the car as being the actual Lanterne Rouge - the traditional name given to the rider who finishes the tour in last place (but doesn't drop out). Unfortunately as I was taking my race pics, I became aware that it doesn't actually light up in GTS. Merde!
As ever, a lot of fun to do. I look forward to the next one!

Stay safe, have fun, and be kind to each other.

S

I'm going for sometihing asymmetrical, fluorescent and obnoxious.

Well FWIW, here's my entry into the competition. I really hope it doesn't fall foul of the "originality" rules.

I'm a keen cyclist and every year (except this one) I've watched the Tour De France so, to me, nothing is more French than watching a load of not French racers belonging to not French teams get cheered to victory atop a mountain by random Europeans while the French racers/teams tend to be floating around in the Peloton. Zut Alors!

So here's my attempt to right that heinous wrong and do my bit! Vive La France!

Team FDJ Groupama are one of the three French cycling teams entered in this year's Tour De France, their lead rider being Thibaud Pinot - yes he's French and he shares his name with a wine - what could be more Francais mes amis!

So I've taken the FDJ Groupama livery, dug up their sponsor list for 2020, created and grabbed a few Tour goodies and the result is what you see above!

A few highlights to add to the sense of fun:

• The Tour racing number is an inverted 13 - this follows the well-known cycling tradition that is you draw this unlucky number, you should display it upside down to counter the negative energy (http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/comment-page-212/) - and they take it fudging seriously, even the team cars will display the number inverted.
  • Somehow Orangina has returned to sponsor the World's greatest bike race, and I for one welcome the return of that slightly naff (but delicious) orange drink in the unwieldy bottle to the forefront of sport. Makes a change from another dull bank...
  • Another cycling joke is the highlighting of the Brake light on the back of the car as being the actual Lanterne Rouge - the traditional name given to the rider who finishes the tour in last place (but doesn't drop out). Unfortunately as I was taking my race pics, I became aware that it doesn't actually light up in GTS. Merde!
As ever, a lot of fun to do. I look forward to the next one!

Stay safe, have fun, and be kind to each other.

S

Loved the background and the livery. Never knew about the 13 being upside down!

We keep saying that the level is increasingly high competition after competition, but this time we didn't make into a week to see some really strong contenders.

What I love about it is that any other company from a different country would have laughed the idea out the room, the French built it for some reason.

They did it twice.

e46827ba50fa7c0c77c884d19fdab4c7.jpg

And gave birth to one of the best rally cars... in the world. *said with a strong British accent*.

Wanted to do something unique and cool that fitted the car. Had a few designs on the Citröen Gr.3 which I wasn't happy with, so I switched car to see if I could make something that I could give the "okay" to. And this is it, fairly simplistic with tons of french stuff. Hope you enjoy :P

Juke Nismo? *cough*
That wasn’t Nissan. That was British company called RML that built it. Called the Nismo Juke-R

And the normal juke Nismo R/RS is mediocre at best.

go look up RML, a seriously impressive company. The SLR 722, numerous chanpionship wtcc and btcc cars, lmp2 wins at Le Mans etc

Last edited:
That wasn’t Nissan. That was British company called RML that built it. Called the Nismo Juke-R

And the normal juke Nismo R/RS is mediocre at best.

go look up RML, a seriously impressive company

Still had to be signed off by Nissan or said NISMO on the tin if you will. Just like Aston Martin don’t make engines but you still call the cars Aston Martins.

Still had to be signed off by Nissan or said NISMO on the tin if you will. Just like Aston Martin don’t make engines but you still call the cars Aston Martins.
Yeah Nissan went to them and said ‘build us a car to this spec’ and they fulfilled it and then some. However, Nissan just put the name to it which is much less cool than Renault and the 5/clio

Yeah Nissan went to them and said ‘build us a car to this spec’ and they fulfilled it and then some. However, Nissan just put the name to it which is much less cool than Renault and the 5/clio

At the end of it all it’s still a Nissan Juke and a very cool one at that :cool:

The Clio V6 was just of a long long line of 'modified' cars that were frankly useless as their original purpose, but excellent exercises in engineering.
May I direct your attention to the Arbarth 037, which was a Lancia Montecarlo with a 2l 4-cyl supercharged engine fitted where the engine in the location of the engine in the Montecarlo, but in a different orientation ... hmm. Totally different rear to the original Montecarlo too - but they sold the 10 (or whatever) roadgoing versions (Stradale) required for homologation for the new Group B rally rules and the die was cast.
Some others:
  • Lancia Delta S4 (1000 hp and 0-60 in less than 3 seconds ... on gravel ... in 1985) was a mid engined car in a front engined design (the Integrale was a result to the FIA saying the engine needed to be where the road car had it, so Lancia shoe-horned roughly the same engine under the bonnet - I owned one. It was brilliant, and had four seats and a useable boot (provided you didn't fill it with watertank))
  • Peugeot 205 T16 - again a rallying homologation special that bore virtually no resemblance to the road going car. Engine in the middle, Group B nut job.
  • Metro 6R4 - see above, but made by unionists in Birmingham (eek)!
  • Any of the (new) mini John Cooper Works GP models all have the back seats removed and replaced with metal bars.
  • Any of the Porsche 911 GT variants lose the back seats and mucho practicality for less weight
  • Lotus Elise 340 R removed the windscreen and wheel arches from the Elise S1 (I owned one too, my 100kgs was 1/6th of the weight of the car, so the thing didn't really need to be lightened) which removed much of the practicality.

Renault have been doing this sort of nonsense for years - They use to run Alpine as their competition brand, then they closed that down and it became Giordini (based in the same factory), then Renault Sport. Some of their cars include:
  • Clio Williams (1, 2 and 3) - all heavily modified (though not by Williams F1) but still usable.
  • Renault Spider (1995) - a car so compromised it didn't have a windscreen.
  • Megane R26.R - carbon bonnet, no rear seats, roll cage/cross-bracing. Follow by the R265 and the R275 Trophy

Oh - honorable mention to the Espace F1...

BTW the (horrible) Juke Nismo is referred to in this house as the "Jismo".

So I'm suuuper glad nobody entered this one before I got the chance. I've loved the execution on the Pigalle Store court from NikeLab and Ill Studio since the first time I laid eyes on it so when the Frenchie theme dropped my choice was made easily. Since this is an art car and not a race livery, plus needing this to be a fashionable piece the Gordini was an easy choice. I created all the logo decals from scratch and eyedropped the brightest photos i could find online to get the color to really pop. I'm really happy with it, I have a few tweaks to take care of but nothing major. Hope you guys dig it

Last edited:
As soon as I knew the theme, the idea was doing something with the Peugeot 908. But none of my ideas developed into something that I liked. After seeing the entries coming up, I decided to change to the RCZ Gr.3 car and go for what would be a french team racing the GTWC 2020. So it has all the mandatory decals and lots of sponsors because motorsport is very expensive :lol:. And, as always, it is full sport mode friendly.

Being a French team, they would need a lot of French backers, so I dug deep to find suitable names and the car is pretty much covered up with local sponsors. As I wanted to go with some obnoxious orange fuorescent color, I had to find something with this tone and searching French alcohol brands, I found Cointreau, an orange flavoured liquor. Further on, Orange - a mobile provider - came along to be a second major sponsor on the car. Man, I love the originality clause in this round.

About the design itself I had a lot of issues with some surfaces, being this my first attempt with the RCZ. The worst of them all were the vents on the hood (bonnet?), the curve is really hard to follow using shapes (and I couldn't find any custom decal to do the job). The end of the engine cover and the rear columns were also a HUGE 🤬 to avoid while covering the car in black. I had also some trouble with SVGs, but this awesome community of ours helped me sorting everything out.

In the end, liked the result and the process because I had to learn new tricks in the livery editor, in SVG editing and it's always nice do something with a car that you hadn't touched!

Last edited:
As soon as I knew the theme, the idea was doing something with the Peugeot 908. But none of my ideas developed into something that I liked. After seeing the entries coming up, I've decidet to change to the RCZ Gr.3 car and go for what would be a french team racing the GTWC 2020. So it has all the mandatory decals and lots of sponsors because motorsport is very expensive :lol:. And, as always, it is full sport mode friendly.

Being a French team, they would need a lot of French backers, so I dug deep to find suitable names and the car is pretty much covered up with local sponsors. As I wanted to go with some obnoxious orange fuorescent color, I had to find something with this tone and searching
French alcohol brands, I found Cointreau. Further on, Orange - a mobile provider - came along to be a second major sponsor on the car. Man, I love the originality clause in this round.

About the design itself I had a lot of issues with some surfaces, being this my first attempt with the RCZ. The worst of them all were the vents on the hood (bonnet?), the curve is really hard to follow using shapes (and I couldn't find any custom decal to do the job). The end of the engine cover and the rear columns were also a HUGE 🤬 to avoid while covering the car in black. I had also some trouble with SVGs, but this awesome community of ours helped me sorting everything out.

In the end, liked the result and the process because I had to learn new tricks in the livery editor, in SVG editing and it's always nice do something with a car that you hadn't touched!

I absolutely love this design. Bravo! Oh, can I redesign mine around Pernod

I've gone with this design now after a few kind replies preferring this design to my Citroen, and some tips from @Cytoria (when the theme owner strongly advises you to change your entry, probably a good idea to listen!)

I ran out of ideas at first but went back and added the stripes over the rear arches and cleaned up a few little bits elsewhere.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/6791626/1/5413987640757191176

FINAL ENTRY

Envision World RX Concept

Link.

Last edited:
Back