The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 61 (Samurai) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 96 comments
Wait Spongebob, DON'T START WITHOUT ME!! :lol::lol:

FINAL ENTRY

Nissan TechniSport Nismo GTR GT500 (2020 Edition)

"The GT500 machine where comfort meets much more than high performance"

"In December 2018, Nissan-Nismo´s Autech super GT team's main sponsor Motul decided to split ways with them, ending one of modern super GT's most dominating couples in history. Although Autech stayed relatively calm, a new sponsor was a must to meet the regulations for the 2019 Super GT championship, Nismo offered Autech some help but here's when NorthAmerican gaming chairs, desks, and accessories brand TechniSport enters the list.

Wanting to enter the highly competitive Japanese gaming market, TechniSport partnered with Autech as the new main sponsor having in mind the popularity the championship had with Japanese gamers thanks to Gran Turismo. It wasn't just the brand, TechniSport also helped Autech a lot with a new livery based on the highly popular TechniSport TS-80 gaming chair, a specially-designed bucket seat for the GTR GT500's cockpit with the same design as the TS-80 and the backing of many worldwide Partners such as Peru´s chain store Tai Loy and American brands G-Fuel, radioshack, Bully Dog and Office Depot, also, some TechniSport's streamers partners supported the project, such as American twitch streamer "KillaBarbieXO". To celebrate the partnership, TechniSport launched 1st in Japan a limited-edition Autech-inspired "Techni Gear" series of products such as gaming pads and merch, the bundle would eventually launch worldwide also as a limited run.

Racing-wise, 2019 ended with the team ending in 2nd place in both Drivers and Constructors' championships, they were close to winning the championship after a tight fight with Honda´s team Kunimitsu's Raybrig NSX in the final round at Suzuka, but a mechanical failure ended the dream for the TechniSport Nismo GTR just 10 laps away from the finish line. The TechniSport Autech team was disappointed but they stayed positive for the future of the partnership as they stated "This is racing, you never know what's gonna happen.".

In 2020, TechniSport and Autech agreed to a full livery overhaul based on TechniSport's new TS90 Red ProGamer2 Series racing chair for the new season, but the COVID-19 pandemic put the project in halt ´till 2021 (especially due to some positive cases inside the team), some minimal changes were done to the livery instead, main change coming with the return of french brand Michelin as tire supplier, replacing 2019's Potenza-Bridgestone. Generating great expectations, the TechniSport Autech team continued improving the GTR GT500 for the 2021 season, with the hope of accomplishing what they couldn't in 2019."

Link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/es/gtsport/user/livery/3477545/1/7782867773370171392 :D

20200901235454.jpg

20200901235511.jpg

20200901235540.jpg

Last edited:
Nissan Nismo GT-R 2008 GT500

Note: The Black Edition logo is NOT a political statement! I was inspired by the Mugen Honda Red Bull, The White Edition.

This is an amazing job, but unfortunately you can’t enter your own theme... You’ll have to keep this beauty for another round!

This is an amazing job, but unfortunately you can’t enter your own theme... You’ll have to keep this beauty for another round!

Hi Cytoria, Sorry, I didn't know that. Do I have to delete the livery? Or do I have to comment that this livery does not take part in the competition?

Unfortunately just second at the "Makita Comp". At least another approach and another vehicle than @stepsinpairs who did a great job with his NSX and hopefully will not mind me using the same main sponsor. This is my very first Super GT livery. So please be graceful…
Of course I don't mind at all :)
I originally started using the Nissan and did complete a backup entry on it although without using Makita.
I really like what you've done with the faded decals and also the drill is a nice touch. Good luck for the poll!

Oops I missed that this one was finishing yesterday, my design is not ready, will sit this one out!

Bit of a quick one this as I didn't realise the deadline was yesterday. Kyosho is my other favourite RC Car maker along with Tamiya, sadly Kyosho has much less art or branding than Tamiya so I went for a more simple, clean design. Hope you enjoy :cheers:

Dang it! I have a ton of liveries already made that fit the criteria, but I'm on vacation and can't take the required entry photos.

Kind of off-topic but also kinda on as well. What do you guys think about a LEC Side Quest Weekly Livery Challenge? The idea is that one person sets a basic theme and car and also nominates the next person to choose the following theme and car (so no voting on this one - purely for fun). The key to this side quest would be to keep it as simple as possible, for example, any green livery on any N300, a Pepsi livery on an 86 Gr.B Rally Car etc etc.

What do you all think?

Kind of off-topic but also kinda on as well. What do you guys think about a LEC Side Quest Weekly Livery Challenge? The idea is that one person sets a basic theme and car and also nominates the next person to choose the following theme and car (so no voting on this one - purely for fun). The key to this side quest would be to keep it as simple as possible, for example, any green livery on any N300, a Pepsi livery on an 86 Gr.B Rally Car etc etc.

What do you all think?

Sounds cool, a simple theme would be excellent in between the main comp, I’ve often thought about a timed event, set a theme then you have 30 mins to complete and upload a video to YouTube of you creating it. This would be pretty cumbersome though so your idea is more viable

Sounds cool, a simple theme would be excellent in between the main comp, I’ve often thought about a timed event, set a theme then you have 30 mins to complete and upload a video to YouTube of you creating it. This would be pretty cumbersome though so your idea is more viable
Yea I think the simpler we keep it, the better. It's just a fun exercise to keep us all engaged here, not that we aren't already, just some extra fun.

Great entries at everybody! Seems like my new job is asking for his tribute, so I think I have to pass this round.

I will see you at the poll! :gtpflag:

What do you all think?
I'm on board for this!

What do you all think?
Yes! Sometimes I finish my entries very early and having something like this will help me “stay on the top of my game” when it comes to liveries.

Yes! Sometimes I finish my entries very early and having something like this will help me “stay on the top of my game” when it comes to liveries.
this is EXACTLY what my train of thought is with this challenge.

If we can please not clog this thread up with more talk of it, just shoot me a pm if you're interested and I'll set the thread up tomorrow. If we get enough interest and contribution maybe mods will sticky it :D

this is EXACTLY what my train of thought is with this challenge.

If we can please not clog this thread up with more talk of it, just shoot me a pm if you're interested and I'll set the thread up tomorrow. If we get enough interest and contribution maybe mods will sticky it :D

Considering I did seven designs based around this Super GT theme, I'm in.

Back